Jump to content

Ricey

Members
  • Posts

    8,423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricey

  1. Thats exactly what we did. Got offered £500 for the MX5 in part ex so rather than miss a minter Zed we decided to SORN the 5 and flog it in the spring. I'll just get insurance on a month policy in april (gonna cost what.....£40?)......6 months tax and flog it. Comparible cars (spec, age, milage ETC) we're selling for 3k last spring so I'm buggered if I'm flogging it for next to nothing mid winter. Basically unless the White Witch's sleigh brakes down and she needs another motor you've got no chance of getting a decent price.
  2. .......also I wouldn't care if anyone thought I was a chav for buying one as those people are likely to be in your rear view mirror spinning off into a ditch. Besides.....how many chavs can afford a new Evo?!?!? Knock off Burberry and Rockports don't pay for themselves you know!
  3. You'll need to get it off the road.....personally is take the battery off too so no theiving scroat nicks it. We did the exact same thing with our mx5.....do yourself a favour and save it until next spring! No one wants a covertible this time of year. Alternatively you'll have to add it as a 2nd car......double premiums though
  4. viewtopic.php?f=9&t=44148 This is what happens on nice 'clear' roads........mate hold your load, go in the van, wait until Feb - then thrash the back out of it. You won't be able to drive in anyway enthusiastically anyway.
  5. Sark: I don't know how you survived, slave. Prepare to terminate. ........sounds like my last Personal Development Plan meeting at work.
  6. you dont have to leave because your flogging the Zed!!!!!! At least 300000 posts a month come from people who don't own a Zed any more!
  7. loving the Carbon Fibre cover.
  8. Welcome dude.......the snow will just prolong the anticipation!
  9. My mate has just driven back from Newcastle to Chester in a Toureg........he didn't particularly enjoy the journey .....rear wheels, muchos power, long drive.......asking for mither.
  10. Ah mate that's kackola.....we're dropping like flies! Given my accident record I'm scared to even defrost the car! It should only knacker your insurance record.....you had the accident so she should.have to declare it.....you will which is effectively the same problem if you want to drive her car though.
  11. Christ alive.....I just let a little bit if wee out. Immense
  12. Ricey

    lambo doors?

    Gull wing is where its at
  13. Ricey

    My new car......

    I'm pretty sure that quoting different premiums for existing and new customers is again a no-no in the FSA's eyes (unless its a one off 'introductory' discount) as it doesn't comply with the 'Treating Customers Fairly' framework that regulated firms have to comply with. I usually do a quote on the Admiral website whenever they send my renewal then call them to ask why its different.......generally its because I've input something different but once its clarified the 'new' quote you've done should match whatever the phone monkey is saying your renewal is. Could be wrong but thats my tuppenceworth
  14. Ricey

    My new car......

    14 day cooling off period on insurance policies......may have to pay a small admin fee though. Fees have to be representitive of the costs of administering the work already carried out - excessive means they are putting a post sale barrier in place (the FSA love hearing about these).
  15. Someone do the Cheshire Triathalon with me!!!!!!!! I've wanted to do one for ages. I did a half marathon for Cancer Research last year and quite frankly I would rather eat a tapeworm than do another
  16. its an underused smiley so its getting on outing today!
  17. one of the few 'women' who could genuinely be glassed in the knob.
  18. Lets look on the bright side........the amount of people on the market for a mauhsive V8 is probably quite poor...you wanted to sell anyway - insurance will get you basically market val for the car and save you the messing about with tyre kicking test pilots. Your safe, alive, unharmed and soon to be able to go any buy whatever you want with the insurance monies (if anyone will insure you )
  19. He who dares Tarmac......he who dares......
  20. updated to save Fatjames and Bitumen a job 1. Slimjim 2. sparky350Z - Paid 3. sparky350Z - Paid 4. yankeesiter - Paid 5. djrm - Paid 6. ewan221 7. rob d 8. Willy P - Paid 9. Willy P - Paid 10. James B 11. Rothers2901- Paid 12. Rothers2901- Paid 13. Ricey - Paid 14. Ricey - Paid 15. Slimjim 16. DoogyRev - Paid 17. DoogyRev - Paid 18. mc PAID 19. UNABASHED - Paid 20. M9OOEY - Paid 21. M9OOEY - Paid 22. Varley16 23. racinggreen 24. Cragus 25. Cragus 26. Ewan221 27. Andyzed -Paid 28. Andyzed - Paid 29. Beavis 30. Beavis
  21. yeah - Jay - go on and post up that pic of yourself you finally posted on FB I had to go take a lie down after that Is it something like this?
  22. Well it depends how you answer this question really..... Are you; A. a woman or B. a raving bandit? If you can answer yes to either of these then its fine to wear Ugg boots.......if you can't then your basically making yourself look like Harold Gloockler
  23. Boom shackalacka!!!!!! Have a good one!
  24. Well done mate............although you have RUINED my moderator song!!!!!
×
×
  • Create New...