Jump to content

Ricey

Members
  • Posts

    8,423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricey

  1. Admiral multicar - £865.30 for the Lancer and Zed for me and the missus. Me - clean history - 4 years no claims Missus - clean history - 5 years no claims 28 years old (both) living in a city £250 excess was £976 and £500 excess £865.30 HOWEVER you are indeed correct. Deleted the missus and her 5 years no claims (so Zed had 0 no claims applied to it) and it only went up to £926.
  2. It wasn't your 17 year old sister was it?????? Thats very unusual provided the lady in question has a clean record............my insurance would be through the roof (I'm 28 and missus is 28) without her on there. Stick you mum on and she can have a bizz round in the Zed!!
  3. Have you tried sticking 'A female who can drive' on the policy? Usually good for a couple of hundred quid.
  4. .........and if it is then it might be worth finding out if the current owner is/was a member on her........you can have search through his posts and see if the car has anything nasty in its history
  5. deffo a power shock when moving up from the buzzy Jap units.......no more revving the nuts off it to get any power!!
  6. ........with a very shiney zorst given the time of year
  7. Doh! sorry dude. Hmmmmmm - thats a bit of a toughie. Jump start guidelines say to keep your car attached to the donor car for 10 mins before driving off..........I think it would probably need a good run to be honest (a quick google recommends a good 30 min DRIVE).......how that translates into idling would suggest a fair bit longer??? Get your gas mask on!
  8. The astrtixes in Darrens reply should say it all!! Thats the website obscuring naughtywords.
  9. Depends how dead it is I guess. My experiance .......and I've yet to determine if battery is dud. Jumped - lasted a day of driving and 2 days sitting Jumped - lasted 2 days of driving and 2 days sitting Battery off and full charge - lasted 3 days of driving and just over 1 day sitting I'm going to check the fluid levels over Xmas and make sure there is enough otherwise is won't charge..........maybe you could also invest in a volt meter to see what kind of charge its carrying.
  10. Admiral and stick your missus/mum/gran/auntie/female neighbour/woman who serves you in Asda on the policy.
  11. I think Ian was selling his (I'm clueless at modding so not sure if its a full kit but it looks like a whole lot of Rosie) for 4k........
  12. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. My experiance of jump packs are that they are crap! Zed battery appears to be notorious for going flat and being a biatch to charge/keep charged unless its in daily use. Check Slimjims thread - I used the Halfords charger - it charges then goes into trickle mode. Best bet if your leaving the car for a period of time is to disconnect the battery. You require the following threads! for battery/charger advice viewtopic.php?f=9&t=44215 For jumping advice (and personally I'd use another car rather than a jump pack.........I don't think they have the juice for a car like the Zed). viewtopic.php?f=35&t=43784
  13. I totally agree mate but thats exactly why no one can understand insurance quotes......I'm guessing (hopefully correctly) that an insurance company risk model crunches years of statistics and you get retarded results like this; - More people have cars stolen out of their garages because scroats know they are easier to steal than doing it in broad daylight. Perhaps I'm giving too much credit to the average TWOC'R but they probably case up most thefts rather than do it on the off chance. Therefore garage presents a higher risk!!!!! MAD - People who live out in the rolling English countryside drive on more dangerous roads (small narrow winding country lanes and mega busy A roads connecting the countryside to the wider world)........therefore they present a higher risk. - Generally speaking the countrywide is an expensive place to live and therefore people who live there are wealthy and will drive expensive cars. Criminal gangs target these areas because the Cozzers response time is huge (same for rural pubs getting nailed for the fruit/fag machines). Living in the countryside makes you 'statistically' a higher risk. - ANYONE who modifies has the potential to have an itching urge to be in Fast and the Furious 5 - Ipswich Drift......and they MUST want to drive faster because they're making their car more powerful and to stop quicker. - If you ever get broken into you are 'statistically' more likey to visit the same places at the same times and therefore present a higher risk of being broken into again. - .........and the same with being involved in a crash thats not your fault. You are more likely to drive on the same roads, at the same time, with the same cretins around you. Of course the vast majority of this is total bull but thats how credit risk models are created.........feed in a load of info and use the random crap produced as your risk model. Thats why mortgage companies like the one I work for were quite happy to lend to people who never paid, couldn't pay and wouldn't pay...........because statistically the chances of you making a loss were 'X' and therefore worth the risk. That was of course until the arse dropped out of the world and all the houses became worth feck all but the same principal none the less.
  14. I think what you mean is did the UK spec have sat nav as an optional extra.........it did - so it could be either standard or after market. Piccies will help us to identify it though.
  15. Garaged, tracked, thatcham alarm = a good £200 more than if it is parked on the street, standard alarm and untracked Harder to steal a car in broad daylight - easier in a hidden garage - dunno about tracker though Totally rediculous, i would love to see how cheap it would be if you parked it in the middle of moss side with the doors and windows open engine running, probably end up being free or the insurance company paying you to insure it. insurance assumption - this person is obviously a local gangster/drug baron and therefore no one will nick their motor also makes me laugh that the more you do to improve you car to stop you from having and accident (ie better brakes, suspension etc) all make it more and for example snow tyres in the current climate, i dont get why in christs name they add a premium for them. We think - car improved to make safer........they think - car modified so it can be driven faster thus increasing risk of policy holder driving like they're in Ronin i dont see why insurance companies dont just charge a set amount for a car/age group and if the owner modifies it he covers the costs himself should it get nicked/broke the insurance company would just pay out for a standard car, would make so much more sense especially as more people would be able to insure their cars leaving fewer people uninsured on the roads. [/rant/tangent]I hate insurance companies but this would be a little flawed mate - I could be the same age as you, drive the same car but we could drive completely differently and at different standards........for example I've been involved (INVOLVED and not at fault I stress!!) in 10 accidents in 11 years of driving...I guess you haven't and therefore I'm statistically a higher risk was reading somewhere the other day (dont know how true it is) but insurance claims all get based on negligence of the other party so in the current weather if they can prove that the accident was caused by the snow/weather and not through them being a tart then it doesnt go down as their fault it just goes down as act of nature type thing as there was nothing they could do so its kind of a 50/50 outcome for both parties. That sounds like someone would have to take a common sense view.........I'm willing to wager my left knacker that they won't......in fact don't most insurance policies void if an 'act of God' can be proven?
  16. A car so cooL Kitt probably has a poster of it on his garage wall
  17. Do what I do and just set a dummy quote up on Admiral (usually cheapest anyways) and have a play around. Use your home address name - Test Test Email - Test@test.com Telephone 0845 000 000 then put in all your figures and just keep amending the quote......its quite surprising actually.........lumping excesses up to like £750 does next to feck all for example. Its all based on bloody risk models, post codes, statistical anaylisis as opposed to anything that makes sense.........I/E if you get broken into once your more likely to get broken into again (statistically).........pile of robbing, puffed up blowfish turd if you ask me.
  18. Its about time we had some good news/luck on here and all of a sudden its all giving way to allsorts of fun!!!!!! Great news mate
  19. FFS!!!!!! 1 in 10 chance...........I suppose I should of guessed really given that there was statistically more chance of me contracting small pox. Well done whomever won (Varley?)
  20. I can't actually be bothered waiting.........another fiver heading your way. Stick me in for 3!
  21. Also its worth checking if its a wet cell that the cells are topped up with Ionised water........if not it won't charge. Apparently once topped up and your start charging you'll see them start to bubble a little (making sure its ventilated wherever your charging it)............if even 1 of the cells doesn't bubble then the battery is FUBAR. ........or so I'm told.
  22. Same thing has happened with ours mate. I bagged up a halfords charger (I could require correcting but a trickle charger is actually a waste of time unless the battery is already in good condition........the point is it 'trickle' charges as the battery naturally loses its charge......it won't charge one thats dead already. Try this one instead - 40 squid from Helfords.........it charges then goes into trickle mode. It got the battery back up to speed but we were only using it for 7 mile round trip to work and it died again 3 days later.......I think the cold it a major factor. Leaving it off until after Xmas now and see how it goes with a good run under its belt. http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165629
  23. Michael Barrymore was married at one time mate
  24. Pesky crabs and their stupid claws! Congrats mate.........you are indeed one of the last romantics
×
×
  • Create New...