Jump to content

Will370z

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    10,023
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Will370z

  1. Don't know about the other issues but I know I have a similar knocking issue. Seems to be common and relates to the anti roll bar drop links.
  2. Not sure 'spin' is the correct term to use Haha touché.
  3. Will have a think dave, the roads there are lovely. Don't know that area all that well though as I lived further down south in Aberystwyth.
  4. Ah so that was your blue roadster there Neil, must say it looked very tidy, looked in lovely condition. Pity you were not there when my car was done otherwise I could have taken you for a spin to see the up rev effects.
  5. Welcome to the forum. I wouldn't worry about power vs torque, new vs old, there isn't much in it. Just focus on picking the right one when you see it.
  6. We need to fix an evening so we can get some organised racing in, can't wait to see what 16 player racing is like.
  7. Still awaiting the dyno results via email. Can't remember them off the top of my head but looking at the graph I could see the jump up was significant, more info to follow when I get it.
  8. Funny you should mention that Let me know when the wheels are free, I thought the best thing would be to contact Tarmac and see if he can transport them down via his new company. Have you got your new wheels yet? Are you saying the car needs a clean.....the cheek of it
  9. Well what a difference a morning makes, just got back from abbey and what a great morning. First thing i have to say is what a great bunch of people. Sooooo friendly and made me feel very welcome. Even the dogs came to say hello. Great customer service. Not many places that you get offered breakfast, and marmite, and lunch . Top marks, very impressed. I was having an uprev, panel filter and plenum spacer done so off the car went into the workshop. Now to put my expectations into context from my discussion with others and my over active imagination I had assumed the uprev would give me huge power, press the accelerator and you are thrown into the back of the seat, lots of wheel spin.....well not that bad but you get the stereo type. You dont get that (thank god) but what you actually get is something far far superior and much more valuable. You get a car the way it was truly meant to be, and thanks to Abbey i totally love it. The improvements in torque you get means you get consistent power delivery across all the gears, its like a different car. Pre the up rev i always used to shift up at 4500 revs as i found the rest was just noise and you got more umph moving to the next gear. That is no longer the case, far from it. From low down in the revs to the top end the power just keeps coming, and coming, and coming. Its happy in second past 5,500 and it sounds amazing. I would never have driven like that before. I was worried about excessive acceleration and wheel spin but that is not an issue the car is far smoother and comfortable on the road. Even tootleing along in town it feels far superior. If anyone is having thoughts about going for this you really should, its the way the car was meant to be. Sat in the roadster with Mark as he took it through its paces and it was really interesting, seeing how much extra torque is unleashed is truly impressive, my thanks. Bet the poor car got a shock as its never been revved that hard before. Unfortunately the printer wasnt working so i didnt get a copy of the dyno results but they are on their way via email and ill post them up when they arrive. wrt bhp i believe Mark managed to get it from around 270 up to 292 ish but that only tells a small part of the story. Sarah kindly got me lunch and i stopped on the way home at a nice spot to eat the sandwich Thank the roll was lovely I now have one serious issue, im really scared of speed cameras. Driving home i decided against the motorway and took a scenic route, so much more fun. Its a small world as one part of the journey led me to the Wise Old Owl ah i remember those roads following a certain white 370. I do have one complaint though, someone at abbey must have drilled a hole in my fuel tank as i got home and all the petrol i had put in this morning had dissappeared, or maybe that was because of the fun detour i had in my revitalised zed As a separate aside as i was flipping through the magazines at Abbey i came across the December 2010 Japanese Cars Banzai magazine, issue 110. Colin i think you will be interested in page 41 where GUNS takes centre stage . Hope you can get a copy. To all at Abbey, thanks again, keep up the good work and see you again
  10. Thanks for the comments guys. After much advice from a few of the guys on here....you know who you are lol, and from mark I'm going for the up rev, panel filter and plenum spacer. I'm also getting the knocking on the front wheels sorted once and for all. Should go well with the milltek. Then pop on my new alloys and it's all good to go. Can't wait. Wasso I bet you have your own personal room down there by now don't you Will let you know how it all goes. Will try not to be too obvious bunny hopping out of the abbey car park
  11. Finally succumbed to the inevitable and have booked the little roadster in at abbey tomorrow morning for an up rev and some other bits and pieces. Can't wait to see what magic mark can work for the little car. Feel like a little kid all excited.
  12. Ah stupid iPad , works fine on that. Time to boot up the pc and fix the link. Cheers for letting me know
  13. Apologies if this is a repost but it's awesome so thought I'd post it. I so want to find this road over the summer, looks fantastic and the tunnel at the end....oh my my milltek exhaust was made for it
  14. +1 definitely the easiest method, even I managed it
  15. Welcome to the club
  16. Congrats nice one
  17. Welcome to the forum. Good luck with the posting count
  18. Welcome, nice little zed there
  19. Very enjoyable, nice one
  20. Excellent job there Graham, looks great.
  21. Kuro coupe overtook me on the m25 this morning past heathrow. I was in the kuro roadster. Both Gave a nice friendly wave as we passed. Nice looking car there sir
  22. Nice piccies there Darren, looks like you had a lot of fun
  23. Wow cool, don't forget to hand over all your bank details when they ask for them.....
  24. Not that I'm biased at all with it being the home of my birth but WALES, WALES, WALES, for sure. Tempted by the lakes but Wales last year looked like a great event. Missed the summer run but the one later in the year was so much fun despite the rain. I'm hoping this time we can have the roofs down and work on the tans lol.
×
×
  • Create New...