Jump to content

Will370z

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    10,023
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Will370z

  1. Congratulations, she's a beauty
  2. Cheers chris, I have to be honest though, 70 took me past the drain line. Managed to get away with 65 though. Was impressed with how playful the zed was in the dry, especially on the afternoon tracks.
  3. attended my second activity day at north Weald air field day today. So much fun. Was great to have Darren join phil and I this time. He left the zed at home and brought the Mazda and what a great little car it was. Man that thing flew. Same schedule and circuits as last time but this time it wasn't raining. Unlike last time the zed didn't let go around the high speed corner, managed 70 and she could still have taken more. Unfortunately she's got more grip than I have balls so I couldn't go any faster. Some nice cars there, brand new Audi r8 convertible who really wanted to play with his new toy. He span on the high speed bend and span all the way off the other end of the runway into the grass, god knows how fast he was going. Skyline there was very quick, and an Audi engined Elise was lightning quick. However no one spent as long sideways as our Darren. Even the instructors were cheering for him. He did kill a few cones though trying to beat his time. Camera batteries died part way though I did take some videos so I will post them later. We really really should sort a zed group out for this. Huge thanks to spursmaddave for being at the other end of the phone when my engine light came on. Gave me all the necessary info to perform the reset (man what a fluffing hassle that was, couldn't keep count of the flashes) buti managed to reset it and continue. I owe you another beer mate Cheers Darren for taking for a spin, man that was so much fun. Hopefully it will come out well on the video and my swearing will not be too obvious. What a rush.
  4. Yup I know that feeling well, any excuse to go topless
  5. Welsh trip is in may which many will be focused on. I know from before that there were lots of members interested in going to one of these. May be worth starting a new thread with a specific date in mind.
  6. Mighty impressive place
  7. Good luck getting it done. Looking forward to seeing the result
  8. I liked the sound of the scorpions, nice quality sound for the money. Doogys one sounded great. I know too many owners who have bought k1s and then sold them on shortly afterwards as they were too noisy. On the other hand I know people who absolutely love the k1s. I went for the milltek which is fantastic but may be a little quiet for you. Seen the hks on zugaras and it looks and sounds fantastic It's all a very personal thing tbh. I'm sure spursmaddave will be on to give some advice as I know he's had a number of exhausts / mods and could advise from a personal perspective. Best thing is get along to some of the meets and hear them in the flesh as YouTube is no comparison.
  9. Man that sucks, sorry to hear it Pete. Hope it gets resolved but in all honesty I expect that car will not be seen again
  10. Got to say I think White looks fantastic on the zeds. Would look brilliant.
  11. Haha I did try to pursuade him, he nearly caved but he just had some new tyres put on and didn't want to break them in with a few spins. There is another thread on the forum, I believe it was called learning to drive in east Anglia / south east if memory serves right. People were looking to sign up and go as a group. I just couldn't wait so signed up with phil and Darren. Definitely recommend it, you should get your names down for a future event.
  12. Look on corporate days events. Not sure why they are corporate but we always sign up for those. Just doing the same thing as last time, high speed corner in the morning and then 2 separate circuits to go around in the afternoon. Audi r8 going this time which should be interesting. Can't wait tosee what difference my up rev will have lol
  13. Welcome to the club, great time to buy the zed, just before the summer
  14. Funny you should bump this thread when you did as I am about to go on my next activity day this Sunday at the same place. Darren, phil and I are all set and can't wait, only £48 for the day so you should definitely sign up. There is a huge run off and they only allow one car at a time so there is no risk, just a lot of fun to be had. Will post up some pics and videos when we get back
  15. Looks like you had a fun day, nice pics.
  16. Welcome to the club
  17. Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the new car there are quite a few tall ones here with zeds that don't have probs, must admit it did take me a little getting used to (6ft7 here) but now ive got no problems and can cope with really long drives no problems. Only back problems I get are from spending hours leaningover cleaning her. I did have to try lots of different seating positions until it felt right though. I do find the seats hug my bum tight, and i do have to have the seat fairly upright but it feels perfect now. Id keep testing it out before looking at modifying the seats. However if I find headroom a real issue I just drop the roof down At 6ft4 I wouldn't think you should have a problem tbh. Hope you get comfy
  18. Welcome, I don't know this forum can have disadvantages. It means you end up meeting lots of people who end up making you spend lots and lots of money on your car...... and im loving every penny of it..... Roll on the summer. Make sure you get along to some of the local meets, it's half the fun of owning the car. Enjoy.
  19. Looks great there, black always looks fantastic polished and waxed. If only it stayed like that
  20. Im pretty sure this is likely to be a repost (apologies if it is) but this has to be the best looking zed ever
  21. From hearing Colins storm white 370 and the stillen many a time i can guarantee you will love that sound. Its fantastic, enjoy
  22. Looks good Graham, nice work.
  23. Now I really like that, looks good.
  24. Well what a great way to spend a morning. Weather was great so enjoyed the drive down in convoy with my mate in his vx220. Roof down it was super and felt like the first day of summer. Passed the entrance to the new hind head tunnel to open later this year. Didn't know it was that close. Bet the miltek will sound great in there. So many people went, saw lots of nice zeds in the car park. Managed to hunt yours down Neil does your car never get dirty. Both times I've seen it it's been spotless. Loads of nice cars there from old to new, alfa, jags, ferraris, porsches, mustangs. The new maserati grandturismo convertible looked fantastic. Aston martin dbs in black looked just wow.. Pure car porn. They even had a spyker there. Was fun spening time at the exit when everyone leave hearing all the cars accelerate away. Aston sounded amazing tearing away. Made me laugh when the convertible lambo was getting ready to leave. Big audience watching and his roof got stuck while opening. I was tempted to go Over and say "don't worry mate I have the same problem, bit cold for it, leave it til it's over 5 degrees " Breakfast was great, would estimate over 100 cars to see. Was very enjoyable. We should definitely organse some meets around this event.
  25. Big congrats, bet you enjoyed the drive home. One trouble now is you just won't be able to wipe that smile off your face. Had my car 6 months and I still smile like an idiot whenever i see her or take her for a drive. Next thing to recommend is getting along to one of the local meets. Owning the car is just part of the fun, getting along to the local meets and coming alongto events like the welsh run is a huge part of the experience. So is meeting like minded people who are now mates. Wish I had bought my zed years ago. Looking forward to seeing the photos. Enjoy it
×
×
  • Create New...