Jump to content

Will370z

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    10,023
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Will370z

  1. Yup that's a gt
  2. Never give my cars a name but they are all gals. Current one has a big rear end, loves to drink loads, makes a fantastic noise and loves going topless.... She's a gem
  3. Np mate, I knew it was a little short notice for tomorrow but thought it would provide a good excuse for meet ups in the future
  4. Definitely, I'm up for that.
  5. Breakfast is from 8-12, plan is to meet phil at 8 In Guildford and get there for 9ish. Bite to eat, chat, see some nice cars and get back just before lunch. Fancy coming along? Soz it's a bit short notice but was a spur of the moment thing as the weather is supposed to be nice tomorrow.
  6. goodwood breakfast club is back up and running now for 2011 after the winter. Zed is all cleaned and polished ready for a nice day out there tomorrow. Pre 73 classics to see I believe this time around. Main reason though is an excuse to put the roof down and enjoy the car after the up rev. Bought myself a little mini cam corder to test out too , ready for my activity day on the 20th. Got me thinking though as it's a regular occurrence and we have so many zeds in the area we should use it as a reason for a meet up once in a while. Breakfast, chat, then head back home to enjoy the rest of your sunday.
  7. Happy birthday, have a good one
  8. Hate em, never used one. In all honesty I'm not a fan of all these devices / gadgets that remove the need for human contact.
  9. On the motorway cruising at70 I'll get between 32 and 34.
  10. Looks great. Black looks fantastic when clean, if only they stay that clean for more than 5 minutes
  11. Stalling my new Saab within 2 days of buying it on my parents steep drive. Started rolling, panicked, hit the wrong pedals and rolled the car half way through the living room wall.....mum was not impressed. Not as bad as my cousin though, he wrote his instructors car off on his driving test. Automatic fail.
  12. Welcome, looks like you have been having fun in your zed
  13. Welcome to the forum. Hope the car is a gem. Bet you will enjoy the journey back home
  14. When the summer comes the roof is down and we forget all those problems, can't wait
  15. I was worried about getting insurance for the exhuast, plenum spacer, filter and remap but I contacted sky insurance. They were great, covered it all as part of the plan and to make matters better they even did all this for less than my premium with direct line so i saved myself £50. What's more as direct line couldn't cover the mods I was having they had to cancel the policy not me so they had to wave the cancelation fee. Always good to know if you need to cancel a policy
  16. Yup you were absolutely spot on thanks for the good call. I'm absolutely loving the remap. Best money I've spent, car feels so different. I've found a problem though, I keep going out in it as a result and emptying the tank. Never spent so much in fuel in such a short time thanks again and cheers for sending the dyno results through
  17. Decided that enough was enough and decided it was time to get rid of the knocking noise coming from the front wheels. Thanks for all the advice and you guys were bang on as usual it was indeed those pesky old drop links. Booked my car in at the aldershot Nissan garage and have to say I was very impressed. Got a call yesterday evening from the service guy there who introduced himself and said he would be looking after the car the next day and if I had any questions to call him directly. When I arrived there was a little notice welcoming me, a little ott but still nice to see the place make an effort. The chap I spoke to was very helpful and gave me the keys to a micro courtesy car..... And left me on my way. He then called 3 times during the day to update me on progress. Was very impressive. Pity I can't say the same about the micra ....shudder. Ooooo what an odd little car. It was a diesel Eco thing and it was horrible lol. I felt like I was sat on a stool, from which I was going to fall off at the first corner. Gear stick felt like it was going to snap off in my hand, and well the engine. Only thing I can describe is you know when you are young and put cards in the spokes of your wheels to make it sound fast....someone had done that under the bonnet I'm sure. Was glad to get in the zed again. Just picked her up again and wow she feels tight and solid compared to before. Mind you I'm not sure if that is just the effect of swapping from the micra. No knocking at all which is great. Parts were 79 and labour 133 so seemed reasonable give hourly rates. Not all good news though, they noted my front brake pads were 90% worn Quote to replace both pads is 194 for parts and total with labour is 303.....cry it's going to be an expensive month. Does that sound reasonable. Seems a lot for pads. Time to pm zmanalex me thinks Discs may also need replacing in a few months. Have to say though it's great to have her back and aldershot garage were pretty darn good with customer care. They also have a nice collection of about 5 370s and 4 gtrs but i tried not to look at those too much else the visit would have been a whole lot more expensive.
  18. Welcome to the club, perfect time to buy a zed now the weather is starting to improve
  19. Will370z

    speed limit

    I remember it well, you pretty well had to stick to it as well as garages were limiting you to 2 gallons and there were huge queues. The U.S had a blanket speed limit of 55mph for many years, in fact from 1973-1995 Pete Forgot about the queues. I was a young lad at the time though I think my grandaddy used to tell me tales of those times....
  20. With a babe sprawled over it, now THAT IS a man room..... +1 my kinda thinking.
  21. Welcome to the club, make sure you head on down to one of the local meets soon
  22. Good job, added.
  23. Looks like the love child of a peugeot and an Aston, but I'm kinda liking it.
  24. She looks good showing a little more zorst. nice job
×
×
  • Create New...