One time when I still had my Zed I filled her up to the brim, drove very carefully all the way from London to Newcastle...
I used the cruise control quite a bit and there were several stretches of roadworks, taking all that into account when I got to my sisters in Newcastle and brimmed the tank again.
I then kept the receipt and working out that it was roughly 296 miles I then carefully worked out the mileage divided by the number of litres that I needed to fill the tank. I then used the fact that 4.54 litres is roughly a gallon (near enough) and I realised the following....
Yeah I still have respect for the Zed I loved mine and anyone that knows me knows that, I didn't get bored with it either it just got too much to drive day in /day out...
Tyres are not much dearer than for the Zed, the MPPS for example are not much more for my 20's than for 350/370z with 19's...
Apart from the tyres I have had it remapped l think it is the 500+lbs/ft of torque that make it a little lively
Anyway a barge on rollerskates is fun
Sent from the golf club...
Not finished yet, waiting for a centre piece, got to sort out the LED lighting, oh and remake the hood because I stuffed up the first one
Sent from the golf club...
Well after finding out that a US/Canadian one will work ok over here and that Papa is smurfing his way over the Atlantic in June there was only one logical thing to do....
Just reserved one at PCWorld to pick up when they open
They are doing £30 cashback so that's nearly 10% off a 16GB one
Sent from the golf club...
Haha who are you calling an old fogey I suppose if the cap fits....
Yeah tyres will make a massive difference and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that I can get MPPS in my staggered sizes
Although the price maybe isn't something to get too excited about
Sent from the golf club...
20/25 is arguably the perfect combination, keeps things legal in terms of not coming out of the arch and gives it a far more aggressive stance again without being over the top
And despite what people say it doesn't affect the handling much at all day to day or even when having a hoon on the public highways..... round a track maybe different story
Sent from the golf club...
It's nice, but one hell of a jump from new ZED money with the F-Type price tag around £80k.....
Of course, I never put it out there as a Zed alternative, it is in a whole different league...
I mean look at the interior
Sent from the golf club...
Can't mention the Blue Mountains without thinking of this..... different mountains I know but you get my drift...
http://youtu.be/OgRJVlPJKQs
Sent from the golf club...
That's the reason we didn't say it! Also, we didn't want The Dark Bishop aka Bennett to turn up and waste our time fitting stuff the other way round
Even the dogs had enough of Pete last time
Sent from the golf club...
Well I have to admit that now the winter weather is here and the roads are cold and wet I am missing how sure footed my Zed was....
I very rarely had a hairy moment in the Zed in all the time I had it, in all weathers inc ice & snow but the Jaaaaaag is proving to be another beast altogether....
Even in wafty mode (D) anything more than a very gentle controller tippy tap if the fast peddle results in rear end wiggle :
It is mostly due to the absolutely shocking standard Dunlop tyres I am sure, plenty of tread but just woeful in the wet
Anyway if you see a white Jag going sideways it will probably be me
Sent from the golf club...