350z-uk app

ashyk36

this has been raised before.

The admin staff here all have full time jobs, some of them have their own business.

Supporting and running the forum takes up much of their free time, and they simply dont have the time to develop and upkeep an app.

And as said above.....what exactly would it do that you can't do on Safari?

Well i was thinking a little bit more than a a mobile site. The app would show the threads in a mobile kind of view (basically a view that is more suited to mobile phones) and also a place where you stay logged in so you receive alerts straight to your phone, not emails, notifications if you understand?

I use my HTC in landscape mode, and find it ok most of the time. Agreed, clicking accuracy can be tricky with all the small buttons, but i just use the doubletap zoom function to get round it.

I guess you 'd have to have a whip round for Chris I or Neo to develop something, hope you've got deep pockets! :lol:

Tapatalk is a forum app on the iPhone, Android, webOS, Windows Phone 7 and BlackBerry. Tapatalk Forum App provides super fast on-the-go forum access to majority of the discussion forums that has activated the Tapatalk plugin.

Showing New and Unread Thread with Avatar and Number of reply:

77ec8c55-d161-2949.jpg

Images in the thread are converted to thumbnail and allow full-screen viewing

77ec8c55-d19e-1d77.jpg

Ability to see Who's Online and what they are doing:

77ec8c55-d1b3-cbe1.jpg

Ability to search by topics and posts:

77ec8c55-d1cd-05b1.jpg

Ability to upload images directly from Android and iPhone!:

77ec8c55-d44e-0fbc.jpg

Forum Moderation support:

77ec8c55-d44e-0fbb.jpg

Check out http://www.tapatalk.com for more information!

Taptalk has been discussed by the team in the past.

It's a job for the teckies (and I aint :lol: ) so no doubt admin will re visit it and advise.

But as Lexx said earlier,they all have full time jobs, partners, family etc. and do forum work in their free time.

I've browsed to other forums before where it's asked if I want to view or learn more about Tapatalk and I always just cancel it and view it in normal mode. Maybe I should actually give it a try though if people think it's a good system. I think I've just got used to cancelling and ignoring anything that pops up in my browser and asks if I want to install something!

Taptalk has been discussed by the team in the past.

It's a job for the teckies (and I aint :lol: ) so no doubt admin will re visit it and advise.

But as Lexx said earlier,they all have full time jobs, partners, family etc. and do forum work in their free time.

This. And to be fair when we first discussed it, it had only been released for like a month and was iPhone only. We didnt like the idea of installing unknown (at the time) code, but now its much more developed we can look at it again. We have quite a few permissions/groups set up and wanted to know it would handle them properly.

I've got 2 weeks off over xmas, so I'll see if I can get some time to give it a trial if the rest of the team agree to it :thumbs: