350z-uk app

ashyk36

Doesnt make much odds to me really as I just use the full website on my galaxy s2. I can see where people may want an app to reduce data costs and make it easier to display on phones which may not have a good browser or small screen resolutions however.

Thats why the team never really got around to it, we all found the normal skin fine on the phone.

Plus people who are worried about data usage may want to either check their actual usage again and then moan at their phone manufacturer for not caching the files if they are using a lot as 99% of the site content (bar the text basically) is cached or should be. So once you download the image files/css/etc you shouldnt download them again for a week (thats how long browsers are told to hold the images, I will likely up this to a month now). Even then it will check to see if they've changed before downloading so even then shouldnt download them ;) I think iPhone has a limit of 25kb for files it will cache, so we try to keep as much below that as possible.

Right re-tested it and it was user error on my behalf. It must cache all the threads it reads when a certain user, so if I give a test user mod permissions then remove them, it will still show threads that were downloaded when it was a mod. Clearing the cache between changes meant it followed the security properly :yahoo:

So I've renabled it. If you have the app, search for "350z" and you will see the forum on the list :thumbs:

We have an RSS feed what more do you want? :lol:

Maybe a nifty - type in the year and it tells you the engine power / body spec/ colours available /wheel- tyre sizes etc etc that kind of thing?

Type in the month and lists the club meets and area they are in?

Hold it next to an exhaust it listens and tells you if its louder than Colins or Andy's!!!! :lol:;)

Type a part Number in and see how quick Alex can source and deliver?( of course other traders too!)

Link to those scan 2 shop apps and compare your expensive waxes!

Enough ideas? :snack:

• 2 weeks later...
Just bought the tapatalk app well worth the £2 outlay!

Makes the forum so much more convenient than zooming in and out all the time as well as the reduced data usage. Last month I used all my data up in 2 weeks lol!

i use the "opera mini or opera mobile" browser on android (not sure if it's out on iphone) it compresses the data through their servers then send it to you, used 422.1mb in about 3 weeks but with opera i have actually only used 79.5mb :thumbs: