350z with seized engine

richmprice

I have always wanted a 350z and been looking for a while.

I bought a 350z a few weeks back with a damaged engine.

I bought it totally bind with only a handful of pictures.

I had it picked up with a trailer. The following day I looked at it and confirmed the engine had seized. But i needed to know why so I removed the engine and stripped it down. I found that one of the shells had welded to the crank meaning the engine was behond repair.

I started searching for an engine, here, eBay and breakers. Finally finding one.

It finally turned up this week and today I started to put it in.

I got it to start with no exhausts at about. 19:00. I am now absolutely buzzing with excitement to get back too it tomorrow.

• Like 8

Well done, glad another Zed has been saved!

If you need parts/advice, I have found the Traders on the forum to be particularly knowledgable and helpful, zmanalex, clark mororsport, cougarstore, opie oils and redline styling have served me well in the past.

Well done Sir ! Another Z going on the road thanks to your outstanding workmanship ! And your Z does look real nice......I like the wheels also. Bet ya can't wait to get her on the road. Great stuff. :)

It has a misfire. Gutted today. I have swapped the coil packs and spark plugs but it stayed on the same cylinder. Did a compressions test and that was ok. Think it's the injector so I've just ordered one off eBay for £13.95. Hope this sorts it. I can put the front panel and bumper on once I know it's ok.

Got the front panel and headlights on today

Alternator and air con belts

A few other pipes and things I needed to do.

Just waiting for 2x injectors to come ( please tomorrow)

And a drivers seat adjustment switch (only found on eBay USA)

EC56203E-F57A-4FB0-BECE-E2BFA6677303.jpg

Swapped number 4&6 injectors today.

Still got a misfire. Gutted.

Swapped coil packs around and new plugs but still missing. Fault p0300 multi cylinder misfire.

It seems to pop and fire out of the exhaust until I disconnect number 4 coil. Then the revs don't change much but the popping stops.

Anyone have any ideas.