New owner in Lancaster .... well it turns up in August

Hi all,

After a handing back my company car 11 months ago i have ordered a new White My16 Nismo, just waiting for delivery in on August the 12th. I have been looking at options for the last 6 months but it seems the 370z is the most fun i can get for my money at the moment (previous cars include Supra, A3 & TT so i dont mind the lack of storage room).

I started the test drive request with Nissan GB around 8 weeks ago and the test car only took 6 weeks to turn up (after many many phone calls and promises) but as soon as i saw the car in the flesh and drove it, i knew i wanted it.

The thing that i cannot belive is the amount of negative reviews about the car (e.g. http://www.whatcar.c...summary/25881-4), when i finally got to drive the car it was everything i expected and more, ok the exhaust isnt brilliant but the engine noise makes up for it.

The other thing that is playing on my mind is that the UK MY16 comes with a Euro6 engine, I know these engine are meant to be better for emissions but i cannot find any information that this effects performance compared to the Euro5 engines.

Anyhow will get some pics uploaded when it finally arrives.... only 6 weeks to go....

Charlie

Edited by n00b

:welcome: to the forum

You will love the car :thumbs:

But how dare they compare the 370 to a Audi TT :lol:

Thanks all for the welcome :)

Ps only compared the snug compartment space lol, after driving it i found it to be far more fun i might miss the quatro in winter but im sure i will get used to it.

Welcome

A couple of things you'll need to be aware of - 1) Zeditis is a very cruel disease 2) you'll really REALLY enjoy it

Then - 2 things you need to do -

1) change the exhaust. The car is brilliant but you can't hear it properly, so change the exhaust so you can

2) You don't buy a 3½ litre sportcar if you're a green tree hugger. New Euro norm emissions are there to rob you of any motoring enjoyment - so get used to the fact that you're gonna make some emissions and then take it to one of the serious tuners (several on here, Abbey, Horsham, TDi North) and get it UpReved. You'll feel the difference it makes, and the extra response will put a smile on your face which won't come off for at least 3 months.

And finally - for some reason I've never understood - the motoring press rarely give the car the credit or the write-ups it deserves. Don't worry about that - just be pleased that you're in on a BIG secret, enjoy it, and let all the little motor journalists live happily in their own boring world of GT86s or whatever fluffy little kitten is their vehicle of choice, and you can enjoy your 320 horses in your own way.

Edited by ianphampton
  • Like 2

The other thing that is playing on my mind is that the UK MY16 comes with a Euro6 engine, I know these engine are meant to be better for emissions but i cannot find any information that this effects performance compared to the Euro5 engines

Charlie

The petrol engines are unchanged from Euro5, its only the Diesel engines that are effected under Euro6.

If it is a MY16 it may well have......... ANC and ASE...........

If it does I hope you can switch the ASE off!

The other thing that is playing on my mind is that the UK MY16 comes with a Euro6 engine, I know these engine are meant to be better for emissions but i cannot find any information that this effects performance compared to the Euro5 engines

Charlie

The petrol engines are unchanged from Euro5, its only the Diesel engines that are effected under Euro6.

If it is a MY16 it may well have......... ANC and ASE...........

If it does I hope you can switch the ASE off!

Yep i have been reading up on ASE, it wasnt on the demonstrator (MY15).

I have read on another Z forum that the guy loves it but didnt think he would. I think it might be like marmite (Im sure there will a fuse somewhere which can be pulled like on the bmw's ).