Hello from Carnoustie!

Morning all, just purchased my first 2007 HR 350Z on Friday after trading in my Civic Type R FN2. The Z is in great condition and has been well maintained and looked after, only has 40,000 on the clock (with only 8,000 in the last 4 years) with lots of service history.

I have a quick question for the forum. I noticed that there are two different types of tyres on the car (I suspect the dealer I just purchased the car from changed the rear tyres as they look brand new and didn't bother to match with the front).

Front Tyres are Bridgestone Potenza 225/45/R18 and Rears are Falken FK452 245/45/ZR18.

Being a complete novice when it comes to a 350Z, Are these tyres okay to remain on the car or should I make it a priority to change and make sure all 4 tyres are the same type? Does anyone have any good/bad experience with the Falken tyres on the rear or should I go back to factory fitted all round?

Any help much appreciated and look forward to speaking with you all in the future!

Cheers

Colin

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Colin. :welcome:

Falken 452's are a decent mid range budget tyre (imo) and it's what I used to have on my car before moving on to the newer version, the 453's. The problem will be though that mismatched tyres front to rear or side to side is never a good idea as it can unbalance the car.

The reason being that different tread patterns on the tyres, wear rates, grip levels/traction etc can all be different between tyres/manufacturers so will affect stability & control.

It's definitely better, sorry I mean safer, to have all four tyres from the same manufacturer/brand/model so probably best to change when you can although as long as you're not driving like a complete lunatic I doubt it will cause you any immediate problems but it is something to think about doing when you can. :thumbs:

Hi & :welcome: it all depends on how & where you plan to drive the car. Are you gonna track it or are you more a foot down in a straight line kind of driver with the occasional spirited country blast. It's not ideal to have different brands/tread depths front to back but as long as you're not trying to push the car to its limits then I can't see the harm.

Thanks for the comments, won't be pushing the car to the limits certainly in the first instance, especially only having had front wheel drive previous to this! - will run current tyres for a month or so and then look to break the news to the wife that I need to buy new tyres already!! ha ha!!