New car suggestions

Dan2013

I'm hoping some of you may be able to help..

In a few months time I'm looking at chopping in the Z for another car. I have a budget of between £30-£40k and am toying at the possibility of a GTR. The only daunting thing of this being the twice a year servicing on pre 2011 models which would kill me. The car is going to be a daily (although generally not used for short trips) covering about 6k miles per year, therefore reliability is a big factor. The car needs to be powerful, and a handsome looking chap too either 4wd or Rwd. Another car I have considered is a c63 AMG merc. This again ticks all the boxes for me, does anybody have any experience with these?

I have ruled out BMW m3 and Porsche 911 from the choices and also wouldn't want a brand new car due to depreciation. Do any of you have any further suggestions/experience with the mentioned cars? Obviously anything below the top £40k budget is a bonus as the money can be utilised on the car or other things. Appreciate any help

If you can live with the dated interior (although still a nice place to be) why not look at a low mileage B7 RS4/RS4 avant & supercharge it. You'll be left with an absolute belter of a car but still have good reliability

For that budget you could get a brand spanking new V8 Mustang with all the nobs and whistles ;)

One year waiting list

I am sure there will be a couple floating round auto trader which are available to drive away :)

Jag XKR-S?

Might be a bit over the £40K budget still Stu I'd guess ~ had a look after me, SMD and ATTAK Z were chatting about them & they were around $45K+ used.

Personally I'd go for the GTR especially as I've heard prices for them seem to be going up rather than down for the most part so could be a good investment. ;)

• Like 1

Jag XKR-S?

Might be a bit over the £40K budget still Stu I'd guess ~ had a look after me, SMD and ATTAK Z were chatting about them & they were around $45K+ used.

Personally I'd go for the GTR especially as I've heard prices for them seem to be going up rather than down for the most part so could be a good investment. ;)

Lucky to find one for £40k, you could get a mint XKR for that though :thumbs:

I agree get a GTR and get it serviced at KaizerMotors (unless you live gazillions of miles away)

• Like 1

Thanks for all the suggestions..

- xkr I have actually looked at, seen a white 2010 that's a hell of a looker!

-As for the mustang, stunning car however I'm put off by the depreciation of a new car.

-BMW 640, great car I'm in agreement however we already have the a5 2.0tdi for the economy side of things!

-Evora, that's a good shout! I'll look into that a bit more and read up on them as they initially seem to tick all the boxes

- GTR would be the ideal as I've always wanted to own one. Does anybody know more about servicing costs? For my budget im expecting a 09-10 with 30-40k miles so I'm guessing the more miles the more it costs to service?

Once again, thanks for all the suggestions

Among the group i mix with both the C63 and the GTR R35 are cars i have recently driven and played with and until i drove the GTR i was sort of getting the itch for a C63 merc but not after a play with the Nissan GTR i would be only up for the GTR now although the rear seats really are not very much use in the rear of the Nissan so only the Merc is a 4 seat if thats a important ?

To be fair the GTR was nearly double the price of the C63 but if its me im in for the GTR just try a launch control and then tell me you want the Merc lol

• Like 1

I've always appreciated the presence and engine of the c63, the 4 seats it's just a bonus as I won't necessarily be needing them, and as you've said its like £10-£15k less than the GTR. Think I need to go out there and drive both the c63 and the GTR before Anything

Would the one service a year on the GTR be a large one then I'm guessing? Has anybody any experience with the running costs of the GTR? Another main thing is the car won't be tracked so the brakes etc. won't require changing as commonly as tracked cars

It's a very heavy 4WD car, so it's going to be hard on brakes and tyres regardless. Expect to pay around £800 for tyres per year, budget £1K for servicing (don't forget early cars needed 2x services a year IIRC), fuel usage is going to be higher than what you're paying now, and mods of course have the GT-R tax on them. Have a look at what gearbox work costs as well, just in case that goes wrong as that's going to be the biggest risk for you in terms of unknowns. Maybe £2k?

That's not to say the C63 will be much better, though!

Why not give Sly a call?

Instead of people on here guessing and regurgitating stuff they have seen/read, he will be able to give you up to date accurate info, every single time I have been there he has 2/3 different GTRs in for work :thumbs:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1