Nearly lost my Z

nigess

Hi just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this. 350z HR.I was going at a not recommended speed and a van decided to pull out to outside lane in front of me. I may have been on a slight curve on road not sure. Anyway I braked quite hard and s**t the life out of me as what happened can only be described as a tank slapper on a bike for all that have experienced one of those. I feathered the brake and brought it under control but I could have lost it. Has anyone else experienced this and why did it happen. Cheers

• Like 1

Hi just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this. 350z HR.I was going at a not recommended speed and a van decided to pull out to outside lane in front of me. I may have been on a slight curve on road not sure. Anyway I braked quite hard and s**t the life out of me as what happened can only be described as a tank slapper on a bike for all that have experienced one of those. I feathered the brake and brought it under control but I could have lost it. Has anyone else experienced this and why did it happen. Cheers

^^ thats probably your problem

• Like 1

it could be because one of the calliper's pistons may have been stuck or is sticking, which will result in unbalanced braking. Travelling at " not a recommended speed " will only amplify the effects and perhaps, give you the feeling of " tank slap " or snaking. But as jumping said, could be a number of related things.

• Like 1

I think its possible I was steering away from van at the same time as braking as I was not sure what the hell he was going to do. He looked like he was going to pull out on me and as a result I braked and instinctively steered further out away from him so basically was putting more strain on nearside front when braking heavily. As you rightly say lesson learned

• Like 1

^^ thats probably your problem

This ^^

and if you want to find out why this happened may I suggest you pop down to your local library and read a few books on Physics. since you obviously did not pay attention at school.

eq9.jpg

• Like 3

Im fed up with this holier than though bullshit - if the guy had the same experience on a racetrack or closed road would it have been due to something else? Of course not, if you really feel the need to have a pop at someone the Daily Mail has a comment section, get yourself over there.

If you were on a curve and getting a move on its possible that the weight shift from the back to the front as you braked (broke?) meant that the rear tyres no longer had the traction they did, hence why they let go, its actually a recognised drift initiation technique called brake drift.

Ive found on track my car is very susceptible to losing the back end under heavy braking/downshifting, certainly worse than some other cars Ive had, if you do need to brake while going round a corner then you need to be as gentle as possible so as not to upset the balance of grip too quickly. If youre right on the limit then even lifting off the throttle by a fraction can be enough to make the car go sideways, braking will obviously have a much greater effect.

• Like 8

Probably that odd Nismo badge you have on your front bumper put your car out of kilter causing you to initiate a 360 no scope spin but it seems you managed to avoid it.

Solution? Remove italic nismo badge from your car

As you can see, I have nothing helpful to say.

Edited by mouthwash
  • Like 1