Nearly lost my Z

nigess

take a look at the make and let us know, the Bridgestones are the manufacturer recommended tyre for the zed and they are truly awful and can cause these kind of issues, if its below even Bridgestones standard then maybe worth changing them.

When i used to join the m23 from the m25 there is a massive corner that joins it and on Bridgestones in the dry or wet the TCS used to kick in all the time and I was barely going 55 round it, on Michelins its about as planted as you can get, surprising with the zed what tyres work with it and what dont very well.

Edited by jumping350

The tyres are all brand new can't remember the make I can look though. The tyre place said they are good make and pressures set at 35psi as recommended. They are top rating as specified for the car XL. They are not what you would call top branded tyres though and I suppose it's possible that they don't like very high speed.

This stinks of budget nagasakiditchfinder brand!

I agree most people will point straight at the speed issue but let's be honest these cars are 3.5l with performance heritage so people will travel at "over the recommend speed"

If all cars were limited to 70 what would be the point to spend our the extra money

Why does everyone assume that, because we have cars that are capable of speeding, that we all do it?

My fun is in the corners, I care not for risking my licence by travelling quickly in a straight line.

• Like 5

I know i'm going to regret this but here goes. The sizes are standard 225/45/18 front 245//18 rear. Three A P606 95W XL front. Excelon performance XL100W to rear. Come on now slate them don't let me down.

Edited by nigess
  • Like 1

Christ on a bike, mixed ditch finders!

Please, sell those on eBay and put something decent on.

...... That was remarkably civil for dan ....... What he was actually thinking was .......

You utter #%^#}{ why the +*^% would you drive a sports car with %#}* tyres on , you #%^*

• Like 3

Thing is, this is exactly what I mean when I warn against mixing tyres. 99% of the time you probably won't notice, but it's the 1% when everything goes wrong (and I believe that the car control and speed were equally contributing factors here) that you really don't want to be relying on an unbalanced car.

• Like 1

Well the chances of me doing that sort of speed in he near future is very unlikely on day to day running they feel pretty good done some cornering on them and they feel really stable. I don't drive as yet with traction control off so they will do for now. I will upgrade tho at some point

*facepalm*

They clearly won't do, as you already found out. What if you need to make a quick manoeuvre to avoid something in the future? Is your car not worth £600? Just chuck it on a card.

• Like 1

Given the relative price now, MPSS is the sensible choice as you'll get more miles out of them per £ spent.

That said, if you don't have the cash at all, then the FK453 aren't the world's worst tyres either. Not a patch on the F1 or MPSS, but they're decent enough and at least they'll match. :)

• Like 1

I am going to get a full set of MPSS. Now just like someones opinion of why the tyres would cause the rear end weave that I had when I was going in a relatively straight line. I may have turned slightly but not much and I did not brake that hard. Trouble is it has made me a bit nervous now it was quite traumatic but just pleased that I managed to pull out of it before it let go completely. I'm even a bit nervous at recommended speeds as i'm not trusting the car.

Edited by nigess

Has anyone suggested you were just driving beyond your ability? - Not a dig, but just another reason. Different people can drive at different speeds and conditions to other people.

Say for instance, maybe if Dan was driving your car at the same scenario and controlled it fine. Not that he would get in the car with those tyres :lol:

But I'm a firm believer that a lot of incidents get blamed on the tyres, when in fact it was just the driver pushing it too hard for their ability.

• Like 1