• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Lib Dem
    • UKIP
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Green
    • I'm not voting

Assuming good businessmen are the answer (shouldnt it be business person?) is just ridiculous. Being a leader is not the same as running a business, Cameron is an idiot is he, yet he is prime minister, idiots generally do not make it there. Does Cameron sit there on his own with a list of things he has to say yes or no to? Of course not, in fact many decisions are made probably without him knowing anything more than a ten minute top line - things like war on other countries, are not taken likely and although the prime minister at the time is the figurehead there will be many people behind the scenes pulling the strings.

You only have to look at the nature of politics as to how it can make people look idiotic, they have to support their own party line, they cannot be seen to be making bad decisions, they cannot admit to making bad decisions, they must always find fault in all opposition points of view that contradict their own - this isnt normal behaviour in most debate you or I might have where we agree and compromise etc.

They are not idiots at all, they cant be if they have climbed to where they are. Are they the best businesspeople in the world, no not that either as Dan said, the best businessmen are off earning £1m+ a year running their own business. Do good businessmen make good public leaders, thats not a given either, you only have to look at Ed Millibands dithering on TV to see how it negatively impacts his perception by the public. Clearly Ed is not an idiot and could run a successful business, but in front of the camera he doesnt come across as a good leader. Is the country all about business, I dont think it is, there are softer policies to look after too which impact public opinion, from a business perspective they make no sense but they are must haves.

When Cameron speaks, he has an air of authority about him. Whether you like that air or not (and it can be off-putting and smug), it's there and that's what other countries want to see.

Miliband just looks gormless, and has an incredibly patronising manner when replying to a question. He'll get rolled over on the international stage, so forget any deals with the EU to strengthen our position there.

Out of them all, Clegg is the one who has both the air and the down to earth chat. That's why a lot of people voted for him last time, based purely on the TV debates.

Assuming good businessmen are the answer (shouldnt it be business person?) is just ridiculous. Being a leader is not the same as running a business, Cameron is an idiot is he, yet he is prime minister, idiots generally do not make it there. Does Cameron sit there on his own with a list of things he has to say yes or no to? Of course not, in fact many decisions are made probably without him knowing anything more than a ten minute top line - things like war on other countries, are not taken likely and although the prime minister at the time is the figurehead there will be many people behind the scenes pulling the strings.

You only have to look at the nature of politics as to how it can make people look idiotic, they have to support their own party line, they cannot be seen to be making bad decisions, they cannot admit to making bad decisions, they must always find fault in all opposition points of view that contradict their own - this isnt normal behaviour in most debate you or I might have where we agree and compromise etc.

They are not idiots at all, they cant be if they have climbed to where they are. Are they the best businesspeople in the world, no not that either as Dan said, the best businessmen are off earning £1m+ a year running their own business. Do good businessmen make good public leaders, thats not a given either, you only have to look at Ed Millibands dithering on TV to see how it negatively impacts his perception by the public. Clearly Ed is not an idiot and could run a successful business, but in front of the camera he doesnt come across as a good leader. Is the country all about business, I dont think it is, there are softer policies to look after too which impact public opinion, from a business perspective they make no sense but they are must haves.

Studies show idiots are good at getting top jobs, they have confidence because they are too stupid to see their own shortcomings.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

:lol:

I haven't made up my mind yet but I won't be voting Plaid Cymru, Green or UKIP which narrows it down a bit. I will vote though as I've voted in every General Election since I first became eligible in 1970.

Pete

• Like 1

A business person running the country would probably be a good thing when it comes to balancing the books so to speak, but on the flip side, they would be ruthless, which wouldnt suit many, even most.

If you believe the media Ukip are racists, the only conclusion to draw from that is, there are a lot of closet racists in this country with their recent popularity, or to the average man, immigration and eu membership are a priority concern which none of the main parties seem to want to address.

One thing with any of the parties and whomever gets in, they should some how be accountable for delivering on their manifesto.

They are not idiots at all, they cant be if they have climbed to where they are.

LOLOLOLOLOL, they just went to Eton and kissed a load of arse, that all, non of the major leaders have done anything world shaking before getting into politics :lol:

However, the best and brightest should be running the country and when you have the danger of losing your job every 4 years and the sacrifices you have to maker to get anywhere near the top there needs to be fair recompense, and £69K aint a lot in London terms.

They are not idiots at all, they cant be if they have climbed to where they are.

LOLOLOLOLOL, they just went to Eton and kissed a load of arse, that all, non of the major leaders have done anything world shaking before getting into politics :lol:

However, the best and brightest should be running the country and when you have the danger of losing your job every 4 years and the sacrifices you have to maker to get anywhere near the top there needs to be fair recompense, and £69K aint a lot in London terms.

Not bad if you dont have any other expenses though is it? Arent their living costs all paid for? probably becomes more like £100k plus when you add on living costs.

It's sets you up in life for afterwards. Look how much Blair earns from public appearances.

It's not what you know, it's who you know and being an MP means you have some serious clout and can make a lot of friends in high places. High placed friends who can get you a proper job schmoozing once you get binned as an MP...

• Like 1