11 days of Z - Too Fast Too Furious.

Day 1 (14th April), Bought the perfect Z, good age, condition, everything, very happy to finally own after falling in love with it since watching tokyo drift as a kid.

20150419 161430000 IOS [800x600]

20150418 095653605 IOS [800x600]

20150418 095722939 IOS [800x600]

Even put a nice tasteful decal on the back

20150423 180109070 IOS [800x600]

Then was driving alone one Saturday evening (25th April) back home from super market. it was wet, the first rainfall in a long time of dry weather, creates very slippery conditions. I did a Brian O' Conner (first supra scene from fast and furious 1)

The car spun out of control as i turned slightly i did a 360 to the other side of the road, hit parked car, the impact caused me to do another 180 and then hit the car parked further down behind it. All impact was to driver side (I'm fine)

20150425 175500667 IOS

20150425 175459167 IOS

20150425 175431739 IOS [800x600]

20150425 175439190 IOS [800x600]

20150425 175447584 IOS

20150425 175957732 IOS [800x600]

Insurance are taking it to the garage tmr to get repair evaluation, hopefully it can be repaired and not a total loss.

No windows smashes, no air bag's deployed, headlights intact, rear of car fine, boot open and shuts fine, passenger door fine. The engine has no damage starts up and runs fine, in fact the recovery guy drove it on the flat bed without issue.

From what i can see its all just cosmetic, which is surprising/lucky/fortunate bearing in mind the impacts.

• New Drivers door
  • New drivers side rear panel
  • new front bumper

If you guys spot or can think of anything else please let me know, anyway the car has gone to Thames Valley Accident Repair in Reading, they are Nissan approved.

Im also looking to get evaluations from other garages, can anyone recommend a good one at good price? iv'e heard of RT Performance in Wembly.

The garage should ring me in next 48 hours with estimate, any calculated guesses? it would be a shame for a fine Z to get written off but at least it would of gone out in style.

My 3 years no claims were on my ford focus so at least i still have those.

Of course im annoyed and upset, had my dream car realized and removed in the space of 11 days. But main thing is i'm fine and no one else involved. Will be a funny story in the pub someday

Happy to be a new owner and member.

All laughs and jokes at my expense are welcome.

Thank You.

DarmoZ

First off, glad you're okay fella :)

That's almost certainly going to be a write-off, looking at that. You'll need to check underneath for damage too. You'll still have to declare the accident on your other insurance too, so that's going to suffer a hit as well sadly. What tyres are the car on?

On a lighter note, that first pic is the single most cringeworthy embarrassing photo I've ever seen on here! :lol:

• Like 1

Yeah, figured as much. Sucks muchly dude, I feel your pain :( From your description it just sounded like that might be the case. Which insurer are you with btw?

On the upside, you can take that awful sticker off the back now too ;)

If it does end up being a write off, any tips to get the valuation higher, I valued it at 6k when i took the insurance out, its 2004, 92,000 miles (avg 8k per year), full service history, last MOT (June 14) pass with no advisory's. latest service in March this year and new battery. Interior in mint condition everything works like new.

Found a couple ads online for cars same age almost same mileage going for the 6k mark so will use that to support my case.

Maybe i can get an valuation from the owners club?

If it does end up being a write off, any tips to get the valuation higher, I valued it at 6k when i took the insurance out, its 2004, 92,000 miles (avg 8k per year), full service history, last MOT (June 14) pass with no advisory's. latest service in March this year and new battery. Interior in mint condition everything works like new.

Found a couple ads online for cars same age almost same mileage going for the 6k mark so will use that to support my case.

Maybe i can get an valuation from the owners club?

That's the best way to get the best price.

Usually they will low ball you at first so some people have to reject the first few offers from the insurance until they get an offer they're happy with.

My one & only claim on insurance some 15 years ago, I found that it was on the third offer that I finally got a fair price for my car. ;)

Good luck.

Isn't the first scene when he spins out in a mitsubishi eclipse not a supra?

Regardless, sucks to see and good job you're ok, I'd just tone down the I'm Brian o'connor comparisons, especially to the insurance company ;)

Edit: spelling

Edited by AliveBoy
  • Like 2

Thats 100% a write off and I wouldnt think it would be viable to repair even if you wanted to, gutted :(

Next time make sure there are nuns/schoolchildren at the busstop and make sure you go spinning through it taking them all out, would make a much better story.

• Like 4

Yeh it was a 30, I'm pretty sure i was doing 30! And kinda sure I had ESP on! ðŸµ

It's indeed a write off, although RT Performance said they will repair for 3k if I ask insurance for the repair money and car rather than car value, I Cba messing with a CAT-D though.

Any way, driving around in my focus doing food delivery after work to quickly save up again for another ZED, I spot this! Talk about a slap in the face! I sighed and died a little inside to see what I once had!

79a1a0d874727621acb958404168c27d.jpg

7880f5f687b90b8faac81f05c30936d5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any way, driving around in my focus doing food delivery after work to quickly save up again for another ZED, I spot this! Talk about a slap in the face! I sighed and died a little inside to see what I once had!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We all make mistakes and I'm sure you've learnt a lesson from it.

Won't be long till you're back in a Zed (or another car you love) ~ chin up. :D:thumbs: