oil woes smokey car...

-Bradders-

If you have oil on the catalytic converter it will take a while to burn off (not sure if it will damage it) & unlikely to clear at idle as the temps will be much lower.

If there is no loss of power it just go for a longish drive, hope it clears & stop worrying about it after you check the oil level to ensure no loss of oil

If you have oil on the catalytic converter it will take a while to burn off (not sure if it will damage it) & unlikely to clear at idle as the temps will be much lower.

If there is no loss of power it just go for a longish drive, hope it clears & stop worrying about it after you check the oil level to ensure no loss of oil

He has decats and only recently put them on, which is usually when most people notice blue smoke from what I see on here.

He's got to learn somehow and if he doesn't ask the question, how will he ever know.

If he can change his clutch I'm pretty sure he can manage this.

I'm having Deja vu with this post :lol:

Some of us aren't born mechanical geniuses but want to learn what we can anyway. :p

• Like 1

haha lads calm it. im not worrying im taking it down pod tomorrow lol if it blows it blows :lol: its gonna be sonething silly as it was fine before the oil change even with the decats! will take it for a longer drive today and see how it goes.

• Like 1

Sounds like a plan :)

Please don't run it at SP if it's not 100% healthy though, for your own safety as much as anything else. If the engine seizes then you're very quickly going to find yourself in trouble of the worst kind, and whilst the engine is replaceable you most definitely are not.

You have just answered your own problem,

When you removed your old oily plugs you have released a pool of oil I tot he combustion chamber which hopefully wasn't enough to compress & bend your rods on first atartup (I doubt it as it probably would have locked on the starter)

Now all the oil that has drained down is burning off on your headers & cats! This should probably clear after a while but don't go Hooning it until it clears

I'm jumping on this bandwagon ^ ties in with everything you've said.

we'll see how it goes at pod tomorrow lol. it seems to get worse then ok theb worse then ok. i thought if it was in the sparky bit it would have burnt out by now?

Low mileage pre owned engines in stock and good to go same/next day. :thumbs:

• Like 12

haha lads calm it. im not worrying im taking it down pod tomorrow lol if it blows it blows :lol: its gonna be sonething silly as it was fine before the oil change even with the decats! will take it for a longer drive today and see how it goes.

nows the time you stop listening to grundy ;)

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

nows the time you stop listening to grundy ;)

Woh!
  • Like 1

ok so i went pod! ran a 14.8 which aint bad considering only mod i have is exhaust lol and a smokey car so back to the smoke lol. i done 6 runs at pod and over 500 miles since wednesday (service) and its still the same. so i can only assume oil still leaking in through plug ill re seat it later or valve seals are gone?? plus im gonna drop the oil and put some 5/30 in as usual! see how that goes

I tried to check the oil yesterday but after it had been running a while. couldnt get a ready properly as it was just all over the dipstick everytime i tried lol. will take a look tonight now its cooled down! I'm swapping out the 5 40 too and putting in some 5 30!

I heard if i drop the oil, and attach the jetwash to the dipstick hole and blast it through that might help clean the engine a bit :lol:

I must add that to my servicing schedule sounds like a really good idea :thumbs:

• Like 1

about 2-3 weeks ago i did cats. realised the smoke last wednesday after changing the plugs and oil. theres no powerloss at all. cars actually pulling great. i need to take it to sly or something but i just dont have time nor can i be without a car for while. getting me down now. Had a @*!# night friday with the car after some drunk youths ran across my car denting the bonnet and roof. someone kicked my door last monday and thats dented now too. everythings just going wrong. fml.