oil woes smokey car...

-Bradders-

At least you'll know what's causing the issue after he's looked it over.

I think you were a bit daft for driving it hard whilst it's clearly not well, hopefully it's nothing serious at all :thumbs:

It still drives perfect though, no missing no nothing. its spot on. just smoking a lot, when i changed the oil 4.5 litres came out. thats pretty much what i put in 600 miles ago, barr the oil filter.

At least you'll know what's causing the issue after he's looked it over.

I think you were a bit daft for driving it hard whilst it's clearly not well, hopefully it's nothing serious at all :thumbs:

It still drives perfect though, no missing no nothing. its spot on. just smoking a lot, when i changed the oil 4.5 litres came out. thats pretty much what i put in 600 miles ago, barr the oil filter.

I wonder what the heck it is though, just seems weird that it's happened after plug/oil change.

Then again one of my compression arms started knocking immediately after I changed the suspension, so could just be random timing.

Presume it needs to be at running temp before it smokes?

Does it smoke all the time even at idle?

nope im starting to think its leaking in oil somewhere as its worse when its been left for a night or 2 as if its all settled somewhere then blows it out on startup??

It's a bog-standard filter for Jap cars, tbh there's at least 10 that I can think of that fit, just depends on the capacity you want from it. The same one that fits the Zed fits the Impreza, the MR2, the Mini... Proven and tested ;)

Trust me, that's not your issue. If the filter fitted, then it's fine.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...