Twin turbo 350z build.

TT350

Haven't panned through the whole thread but I've recently finished building my twin turbo zed project. Did your bottom end blow ? Or just upgrading for more power ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bearings let go. Knock knock. Who's there? Bankruptcy.

No. Or own my own garage with Mr Arizona working there when hes not working at Harrys.

Tuning companies are glacial in their response time and always booked up 3/4 months in advance.

Also, may sell the car as is with fully built bottom end supplied but unfitted. Will need circa 3000 quid spending on it to get it fitted then you're back on the road albeit with only 430bhp.

Might be interested pal if you do decide to start selling bits.

Sent on the move, excuse any typos :)

No bits. Just as a whole if I do.

• Like 1

Either way you look at it, it takes a sh.. load of $$$ to build something which can be used daily and reliable over 600 bhp.

Just in parts you have 5500-6000 usd without shipping and custom.

Decent Ecu is around 1500 1500 usd second hand

Injector depends new or second around 600 usd.

Turbo kit as well from 5000 onwards.

And than various fabrication and mechanical jobs around block, heads etc...

Man it really ends up in hughe amount. Specially if you are not in those "waters" where u know people so u need to pay for labour as well for materials.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Either way you look at it, it takes a sh.. load of $$$ to build something which can be used daily and reliable over 600 bhp.

Just in parts you have 5500-6000 usd without shipping and custom.

Decent Ecu is around 1500 1500 usd second hand

Injector depends new or second around 600 usd.

Turbo kit as well from 5000 onwards.

And than various fabrication and mechanical jobs around block, heads etc...

Man it really ends up in hughe amount. Specially if you are not in those "waters" where u know people so u need to pay for labour as well for materials.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Yep. And even more ££££ lol. :)

shame mate, you'll get it sorted in the end... VQ = @*!# loads of cash to build right!

Next summer. I'll just keep my head down until then. Save moneys and come may/June I'll be back with 650hp, new paint etc.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

New job. Twice the wage of previous job + bonus per quarter and shift bonus weekly.

Z will be on road a lot sooner now.

Awsome news mate :)

Thanks

Yeah it was a welcome respite from the sh1t storm!

Be able to get engine fitted soon and things like coil overs and a disc and pad upgrade until I turn the boost up then I'll need bbk conversion from torqen.

Can't remember what other parts I had on order with Adrian.

• Like 1

The sun's out and double the pay on the way.

Must be truly a breath of fresh air.

Congratulations and looking forward to you taking me for a spin in the beast when it's ready :thumbs:

Spin being the Operative word lol!

Be able to get engine fitted soon and things like coil overs and a disc and pad upgrade until I turn the boost up then I'll need bbk conversion from torqen.

I'll dig up the wish list later today.

I'll dig up the wish list later today.

Thankyou. Engine will be fitted soon I'm hoping. Things are moving forward.

Good news on this one mate! Glad to see it progressing... the way I look at the zed is its a very long term projects so any set backs ill have to just suck it up and garage the car for a while while i build funds to fix/improve it.

• Like 1

It was about the time mate, finally sunny on your road! Happy for you!

Thankyou mate. I appreciate it :)

Will come meet you and take the engine ASAP. Perhaps see if anyone else wants a mini meeting while I'm down there.

Edited by TT350

Good news on this one mate! Glad to see it progressing... the way I look at the zed is its a very long term projects so any set backs ill have to just suck it up and garage the car for a while while i build funds to fix/improve it.

Thankyou mate. Will have to meet up when I'm back on the road.

Yeah it's not quite as straightforward as you think. Lots of Z's running 400-450bhp but after that they're rare due to the internal overhaul and all the rest that comes with it. Lots of time and patience needed. I often just thought of getting a Supra with 600+bhp already.

Soon be back on the road though even if it is temporarily 450bhp. Twin turbo Z's are very rare and that in itself is a good reason to persevere.

Howe your Z?

• Like 1

Yeah it's not quite as straightforward as you think. Lots of Z's running 400-450bhp but after that they're rare due to the internal overhaul and all the rest that comes with it. Lots of time and patience needed. I often just thought of getting a Supra with 600+bhp already.

Soon be back on the road though even if it is temporarily 450bhp. Twin turbo Z's are very rare and that in itself is a good reason to persevere.

Howe your Z?

Agree mate, very rare cars built TT zeds. I don't now but i doubt there is more than a handful in the UK??

Howe your Z?

Agree mate, very rare cars built TT zeds. I don't now but i doubt there is more than a handful in the UK??

There's a list on here of all the boosted Z's. A lot of them are S/C.

Howe your Z?

There's a list on here of all the boosted Z's. A lot of them are S/C. Can't find it though but you're right. Not many about at all especially with 600+bhp

Howe your Z?

There's a list on here of all the boosted Z's. A lot of them are S/C. Can't find it though but you're right. Not many about at all especially with 600+bhp

Here you go...

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/66265-official-list-of-uk-fi-zeds/page__st__140

:thumbs:

Thanks G.

24 boosted Z's in the UK.

I wonder how many in Europe.

They'll be more than that though remember as they're just the ones listed from forum members. Not going to be too many on top though but there will be a few more I'm sure of that. ;)