Twin turbo 350z build.

TT350

Took the Z out the other day. I tried to bump it but the back wheels kept locking up.

A friendly neighbour gave me some juice and I let it warm up.

Seeing as I have a new engine coming, I took it out for a blast regardless of the bearings.

Still really really quick. I forgot how quick it was and how much I loved driving it.

Sigh.

It's been good weather for a drive in Manchester for once recently.

I couldn't sleep on Wednesday and found myself taking the zed THE LONG way to the 24 hr Tesco just for the drive.

Amazing how when the roads are empty and you ride in the zed, all the weight of the world is lifted from your shoulders.

I've said it before. ......my zed is my little Oasis. Life could be $h!tty but gaze upon the zed, snuggle in the seat, grip the wheel and all is good with the world again.

You must organise a Manchester mini meet when your Zed is finished :thumbs:

It's been good weather for a drive in Manchester for once recently.

I couldn't sleep on Wednesday and found myself taking the zed THE LONG way to the 24 hr Tesco just for the drive.

Amazing how when the roads are empty and you ride in the zed, all the weight of the world is lifted from your shoulders.

I've said it before. ......my zed is my little Oasis. Life could be $h!tty but gaze upon the zed, snuggle in the seat, grip the wheel and all is good with the world again.

You must organise a Manchester mini meet when your Zed is finished :thumbs:

Manchester and the surrounding areas are really good to just drive on a calm, warm late night. None of the chaos tgat was there just a few hours before.

Window down, the smell of warm spring or summer air and the vegetation in bloom combined with asphalt.

Like you say it's just you and the Z melding. Fantastic. Problems dissolve.

You can guarantee I'll arrange a meet.

By the way. Had the dentist appointment.

Turns out I had like 'spores' of teeth growing out of my gum! Which he found very odd. Just little bits of teeth shrapnel if you will.

Scraped them out. Now I have a crater in my gum about an inch in length.

Been thinking about what next after the 350Z.

I'm really drawn to the C6 Z06 Corvette. With its 7.0 litre V8 and apparently they do handle great. 0-60 3.9. 200mph.

Maybe after the Z is done as a project I'll sell it the summer after and get myself a 'Vette.

You need to get this checked out. You may be a vampire! :scare:

Well if I am on the turn, I haven't recieved any special powers yet!

As long as you still enjoy sunbathing you should be ok ;)

Been thinking about what next after the 350Z.

I'm really drawn to the C6 Z06 Corvette. With its 7.0 litre V8 and apparently they do handle great. 0-60 3.9. 200mph.

Maybe after the Z is done as a project I'll sell it the summer after and get myself a 'Vette.

I've lost count of how many of us on here (and other forums tbh) have tuned our motors up to the max, spent thousands on them, only to enjoy it for a short time before selling it on for someone else to enjoy. :scare::lol:

The Corvette definitely has amazing performance but I've only ever seen them in LHD, ...would you be up for that? :shrug: I'm sure you'd get used to it but I can imagine it being a PITA at times on UK roads especially when looking for an overtake on single carriageway roads.

• 3 weeks later...

I think a place does RHD conversions.

So, a few things to note.

My engine is complete and will be in a crate and on its way to blighty this week. Good stuff.

I sent an email to Jim Wolf Technology regarding which camshaft would be best to use on a high horsepower VQ35DE running 2 bar of boost and over. I'll copy and paste what they said.

Hi Gareth,

If you are having the ECU or your control system tuned after you install your parts, a set of JWT C8 camshafts with the required JWT valve springs would be a good cam selection choice to use. These are the largest profile that will fit the cylinder head without machining and these work well on big power turbo applications. These cams are $1269.88 for the set and the valve spring/shims required are $9.95 each x 24 qty = $238.80.

Mark @ Abbey Motorsports did some work on a 350 fitted with my turbo kit....was nice that he though of me and fired me an email. Cheers Mark.

Gareth,

tuned a car last week with the kit like you have think the inlet pipework will restrict power output as it is pretty small in diameter.

Thanks.

Maybe I'll get a set of bigger turbo's that are more capable. More lag inevitably but I don't mind that.

Edited by TT350

2 bar of boost!!! **** me.... 😎

One day!

If I buy new turbo's I'd want them and the rest of the car to be capable of 1000whp.

Unfortunately I don't know much about turbo's.

I'm never going to be a track monster or time attack guy who needs a super responsive car. So I don't mind a bit of turbo lag on the motorway.

Scaring top exotics in a straight line.

I'd like a track toy though. Something light and agile. Doesn't have to be Japanese. I quite like my Focus ST170. Jenvey do throttle bodies for the Duratec lump which takes it to around 210bhp.

It's nippy with its current 170bhp. Handles amazing. I think on a track with excellent tyres and decent suspension upgrade/refresh and stripped interior it'd be so much fun.

It has a great induction sound as standard. I bet the Jenvey ITB's would sound amazing.

On a tight twisty track or B road I think it'd keep up with most things.

Engine will be with me this time next week courtesy of Adrian/Torqen.

It'll be a bit of a Top Gear coffee table until it gets fitted. :) Gonna bang it in the middle of the front room to p1ss her off lol.

Jokes.

Sort of seeming like I'll need new turbo's. Perhaps. Will see what the current inlet piping and actuators are good for.

Power Enterprise do a 1.3 bar spring.

Kit makes 520bhp @ 0.8 bar according to Power Enterprise.

CAGVISLC_zpsxdws7gh6.gif

CA074DZ2_zpsinj2s9hm.gif

430bhp is exactly what my Z Made St 4psi.

Edited by TT350

Looking good 😎

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

From what I can see it looks good. I do love looking at engines.

Probably not going to seek 700+ whp and run it at something well withing it's tolerances. 550whp say. Just for peace of mind as I don't want to be without the Z for so long like. This 12 months without it have been terrible.

600 and odd crank horsepower is plenty, I'm sure.

Looking good 😎

Probably not going to seek 700+ whp and run it at something well withing it's tolerances. 550whp say. Just for peace of mind as I don't want to be without the Z for so long like. This 12 months without it have been terrible.

Honestly till now except highway straights i haven't been able to use mine 640 hp. On a country road trip I took yesterday i was reving car till 4500 rpm and i was flying around normal cars

Looking good 😎

Honestly till now except highway straights i haven't been able to use mine 640 hp. On a country road trip I took yesterday i was reving car till 4500 rpm and i was flying around normal cars

what is it you have ?

Looking good 😎

what is it you have ?

Greddy TD06-20g Twin turbo

Looking good ������

what is it you have ?

Snjur is the proud owner of 640(+)Bhp!!

Looking good ������

what is it you have ?

Looking your build very soon you will be joining the club 😎

Looking good ������

what is it you have ?

Oh I wish.

I wish I had access to a garage and had your technical abilities, it'd be a lit quicker!

Looking good ������

what is it you have ?

Oh I wish.

I wish I had access to a garage and had your technical abilities, it'd be a lit quicker!

Well i have only access to garage. My technical abilities are poor but im just good pain in the butt for my buddies which booth have Z. One is mastermind for mechanical stuff and other for ECU. So a lot of things i pick up from them. Im just sitting behind their back and soaking all the knowledge

• Like 1

Looking good ������

what is it you have ?

Oh I wish.

Well i have only access to garage. My technical abilities are poor but im just good pain in the butt for my buddies which booth have Z. One is mastermind for mechanical stuff and other for ECU. So a lot of things i pick up from them. Im just sitting behind their back and soaking all the knowledge

Well that's just as good. I have mechanic friends who are really good. They've done a lot of work on my other cars. I just don't trust them with my Z lol.