Twin turbo 350z build.

TT350

Booked in now for just over a weeks time.

Can't believe it's happening. I'm welling up.

One thing I didn't mention- I'm having the BOV removed for sututututu.

No. It doesn't waste your turbo's. I've done hours and days and weeks of searching the subject. Do not discuss further lol.

Erm - then off to TDI North for complete diagnostic, link G4 ecu, remap and geo set up.

I'm going to get a gopro with the best sound recording capabilities and make videos for everyone to enjoy ;)

That is all.

• Like 2

No. It doesn't waste your turbo's. I've done hours and days and weeks of searching the subject. Do not discuss further lol.

Erm - then off to TDI North for complete diagnostic, link G4 ecu, remap and geo set up.

I'm going to get a gopro with the best sound recording capabilities and make videos for everyone to enjoy ;)

That is all.

Good news

Look forward to seeing how it turns out

That is all.

Good news

Look forward to seeing how it turns out

You and me both mate. Thanks.

Got a small fortune in the bugger now (fortune to me) and it's not even had a respray or wheels!

Oh, planned is a chargespeed rear bumper, Mines lip and side diffusers and a Strosek rear spoiler. If anyone reading this can supply all let me know.

Wheels I'm thinking TE37 reps in silver with polished lip in 19" 9.5 and 10.5 or if offset will allow 10.5 and 11.5.

That is all.

Good Luck pal hope all goes well with the build, I've just gone with the link g4 ECU. Seems ok so far not had a proper play with it yet, need a way to switch maps.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm not sure removing the BOV will definitely give you turbo flutter sound you want but it's worth a try. Be interested to know how it sounds afterwards.

Definitely interested to see how you get on with doing that. ;)

Any turbo car will make turbo flutter sounds. ust remove the BOV.Even a Fiat 500. And the bigger the turbo and and more the boost, the louder the flutter will be. Listen to an 80s Group B audio quattro! Huge turbo and lag lol.

Edited by TT350

• 1 month later...

Hi.

After nearly 2 years off the road, my Z finally went into the garage today.

Was a pain to get off the driveway. Completely seized brakes and awkward street and angle. Got there in the end.

Had to start the engine to get it to move. Wow, what a car. 2 years sat on a drive, put 50p in the meter (gave it some leccy)and it started up. Albeit with the very unhealthy rattle.

Very excited to get it back.

This time round it's shortblock fitted, uprated radiator, oil cooler, radiator fans, heads refreshed and stage 4 clutch (800ib/ft rated!) my left calf is going to be massive, and standard discs and pads for now. They were adequate at 0.3 bar and 430bhp.I'm not one to thrash it in places where I'll need sudden braking. I don't feel the Z is that kind of point to point, point and squirt B road basher where you really need good brakes. It's more of a motorway brute where torque and power really comes into its own. Obviously really as it's a GT car.

Just get it running, run it in, get the other bits and bobs later and then complete the project before summers end. I may sell it then as my ex is really putting pressure on me to pay her back the money she invested in "us" when we were together and also wants my inheritance money too. I'll have nothing :(

Edited by TT350
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm confused, it it syvecs or link ecu you've gone for? Just read your full thread there.are you going for bigger intercooler piping then? Also as for turbo flutter, I know you've done some reading on the matter but stopping something from spinning at tens of thousands of rpms pretty much instantly is only going to last so long, it's cool if you can afford to replace turbos all the time tho

Neither at the moment. Just uprev. It's fine for the stock boost levels.

Stock intercooler piping will be fine.

No, not removing the BOV now.

I'm being bled financially so, I've had to resort to just getting it on the road and make sure it's solid and reliable at 450hp and not shoot for the moon.

It may all be for the best as, if I can't legally drive the car, I'll have to sell it.

I'm being bled financially so, I've had to resort to just getting it on the road and make sure it's solid and reliable at 450hp and not shoot for the moon.

It may all be for the best as, if I can't legally drive the car, I'll have to sell it.

I know the feeling mate as I'm in the middle of forging mine myself, the price of the timing chains and pumps etc really start to build up (I knew I was going to replace them before I started but still alot of money none the less). I think that's the best idea to get it running right first. I've been without getting a shot in my z for 7/8 months now and it's killing me! Can't wait to get it back out and banging off the limiter all day again lol

knowing what you know now would you have gone for a supercharger instead if you only wanted ~450?

No!

I'll be increasing the boost at a later date :)

Clutch is rated to 800ib/ft

Engine to 700hp

Turbo's to 600+

Injectors to 600hp

All the staples are there. Just need bloody insurance.

Computer says no.

I know the feeling mate as I'm in the middle of forging mine myself, the price of the timing chains and pumps etc really start to build up (I knew I was going to replace them before I started but still alot of money none the less). I think that's the best idea to get it running right first. I've been without getting a shot in my z for 7/8 months now and it's killing me! Can't wait to get it back out and banging off the limiter all day again lol

Try the thick end of 2 years :( :(

I wish I was Snjur.

"Engine blew up today so I had a brand new fully forged rated to 3000hp hand built over night in Japan and in the car within 48hr and I installed some 1500hp each gold plated turbo's cos what the hell" lol.

• Like 2