Twin turbo 350z build.

TT350

If you auction all proceeds go to....me.

Adrian teases with imminent arrival then sticks this on me...

2016-06-10%2013.04.58_zpszqx7msqe.png

I've waited so long. Even when it's alive I must wait and tenderly care for its new heart. :(

I just want to jump in and press the fun buton.

Everyone on the forum might see me in their city crawling around at 30 stopping on every yellow light lol.

Then shortly after one or two of you may see a grey blur doing 380mph.

Edited by TT350
  • Like 4

Things feel a bit stagnant. Nothing is moving.

It's hard work to get tuning companies to reply. And with a straight answer/quote. I know they're busy which is a good sign but it's frustrating.

Originally got the Turbo kit installed at TDi North in Warrington. Which is a lot closer than most of the tuning companies. Nissan ones anyway.

But, after fitting the kit they seem to have washed their hands of me and aren't willing to do any more work on my Z. They said they wouldn't be able to do something like fit the bottom end. I know they do a lot of race cars and varied projects of all marques. Their website even says they do FI conversions on 350Z and if you have a big project in the pipeline then to let them know.

Now they say they can't even dyno my car.

Shame as they are a good bunch of highly skilled mechanics.

Waiting to hear back from Mark at Abbey. Hopefully hear something soon.

One interesting development or rather, discovery is that a company I'm very familiar with, Norris Designs, have on the quiet been doing a lot of work and R&D on 350/370Z and have added them to their repertoire. The site used to list Evo's and 180/200sx and Pulsar.

You may have seen them on a Top Gear episode. They got the world speed record for towing a caravan in their SWB Evo that had 800 ish bhp. They now do a twin charge conversion on Evo's which I net is crazy.

Been emailing Simon there and he's said just tell him the work needed to be done and he'll put an approximate quote together quickly.

Bottom end currently still down south. Perhaps once I have a scheduled appointment with a tunin company I'll get it sent there.

Edited by TT350

Geeeez.....that sounds like one hell of alot of b@llache.

It's one thing to have to spend so much moola on a project and another to be left hanging with no optiins or solutions offered.

Hope everything goes good with either Abbey or Norris.

Oh, and Gareth, don't waste your time finding another garage, just drop the car to Jez, I'll drop the block there and let them work some magic on your car.

Pretty sure Rich will be helping you with photos while the work is in progress, to keep your build thread updated :D

Edited by Adrian@TORQEN

What not h dev?

Nope , previous owner approached Stillen and they suggested Norris as they were agents for Stillen at the time

No I meant for the op

When I've spoken to stillen they suggest everyone that doesn't work with zs! random

I don't think they really care why would they I suppose

Oh, and Gareth, don't waste your time finding another garage, just drop the car to Jez, I'll drop the block there and let them work some magic on your car.

Pretty sure Rich will be helping you with photos while the work is in progress, to keep your build thread updated :D

I did ask but £2300 just for engine management *sobs*

I'll have to save another years worth before I drop it off there lol. I would like to though but really want my Z back on the road this summer.

Others have mentioned Link G4 which is much cheaper. I'll email Jez and see what he says.

• 3 weeks later...

Just one thing after another. Replacing a bottom end isn't as simple as replacing the bottom end. It's that and up to circa 5/6k of added extras.

Possibe complete valve train replacement needed

New oil/water pumps/tensioners/timing chains

All sorts. Then your 3k in labour at least. Then your 600 at leat dyno time. 2k engine management. Bigger fuel pump.

Will get all the parts together (suspension, wheels, brakes, injectors, paint - all of it) in the meantime and make it a complete project early next summer.

Just need to save an addition 15 - 20k.

That sounds like alot of hurdles you are having to deal with to get where you want to go.

Looks so easy on the F&F films.

Overnight parts from Japan.

A few sessions in the garage.

A few Caronas and a BBQ and hey presto...a 10 second car!

• Like 3

No. Or own my own garage with Mr Arizona working there when hes not working at Harrys.

Tuning companies are glacial in their response time and always booked up 3/4 months in advance.

Also, may sell the car as is with fully built bottom end supplied but unfitted. Will need circa 3000 quid spending on it to get it fitted then you're back on the road albeit with only 430bhp.

No. Or own my own garage with Mr Arizona working there when hes not working at Harrys.

Tuning companies are glacial in their response time and always booked up 3/4 months in advance.

Also, may sell the car as is with fully built bottom end supplied but unfitted. Will need circa 3000 quid spending on it to get it fitted then you're back on the road albeit with only 430bhp.

Might be interested pal if you do decide to start selling bits.

Sent on the move, excuse any typos :)

But a very strong 430 :)

• Like 1