Twin turbo 350z build.

TT350

He was asking if the loom was a pain or just plugged in at one point like Subarus are as he said 300zx looms were a pain when removing engine. Anyone know?

Anyway - £1000 all in.

Loom just unplugs at ECU and easy to pull through to engine bay and drop with the power unit. :thumbs:

• Like 1

^^ Sounds like a bargain as £600 isn't a lot really for a decent running, MOT'd, FSH motor. ;)

What's the mileage on that then?

A years MOT too and the tyres are branded, not smartprice!

127k miles.

How's the new house Gaz? We're moving soon.

That's good then although it's covered some ground hasn't it. :D

The new house is good thanks.

Few teething issues though, like we had a flexi water pipe burst at 1:30am one morning & start flooding the upstairs bathroom. :scare::lol:

It's all good though as I knew where the stop c*ck was, got a new flexi water pipe the next day & fitted it myself. Plus my mate a plumber/heating engineer came around a few days later just to double check everything was ok for free and it was.

My garage is turning into a bit of a problem though as I may have to knock it down and have it rebuilt due to a previous owner not being too clever & building it smack bang next to another wall with no soak away. :dry: Not going to be cheap & I'm still getting quotes as I won't be doing that myself.

I could just live with it but the amount of water getting in the garage when it rains heavy would rust all my tools & possibly cause structural damage eventually but fingers crossed though it will come good in the end. ;)

Edited by GMballistic

• 1 month later...

We got our move dat. December the 11th. Been a pain.

With this off the road time ive been thinking about visual appearance.

I'm thinking a respray in Ford Polaris Grey. A much darker deeper shade of grey than the one it has at the moment.

Work VSXX wheels. 19x9.5 19x10.5

Mines front lip.

Tarmac sports side diffusers (bodycolour)

Chargespeed rear number with the side slots filled and smoothed.

• 3 weeks later...

Argh the wait is killing me. I'm about to put another 2.5k on it (total was just under 10k for all the bits) so total paid to date will be 3600 to 4000 off the total. So only 6k to go.

Well on course for mid spring unveiling and 650+ bhp, 380mm big brake kit, coilovers, all sorts!

And a respray in that Ford Polaris grey.

Going for a set of Rota grid drifts instead of the work vsxx as they look a little less bling and not too "hella flush yo".

• Like 2

Won't be long now :)

Oh it feels like it.

Soon going in for bodywork tidying and respray in.......

HK2 Gun Grey Metallic (Think R32GTR)

My good friend Harry at H.I Bodyshop In Rochdale is getting it booked in. Great price, great set of skills. Top guy/guys and all car enthusiasts. The Co owner has a nice G35.

I'm sure if north west members go to get work done there he'll give you preferable rates if you mention me.

Edited by TT350
  • Like 1

Can't wait to see more pics!! Get posting progress pics man.

Well at the moment it's just sat on my drive. As soon as I get it resprayed I'll get plenty of pics up.

Really need a decent radio in. I have a Pioneer AppRadio 2 which I LOATHE!

Need to get the next one professionally installed because the AppRadio on uses the front two speakers and no sub.

Will pop pictures up as soon as anything develops.

Should have the actual shortblock in about 8 weeks. Then it'll go to R.E Performance in Bury for Ken to fit it. Quoted me 1000 for the whole job. I didn't tell him new clutch though so will cost more. Maybe 1300.

• 1 month later...

Sigh.

So small update on progress or lack thereof.

My mondeo got wiped out in the floods a couple of months ago. So I've had to source a new car, tax, and insure. So that's eaten 2k of build money.

We moved also.

Currently driving a Focus ST170.

It's ok. Comfy. Has a Recaro full leather interior. I think it's been lowered on a cheap set of springs because it bottoms out with a BANG driving over bumps. Handles terribly on uneven surfaces! Also it's seriously lacking grunt considering it has (or should have) 170bhp. My old Civic VTI with the same ponies was much quicker.

Still on target for summer unveiling of the 600+ bhp resprayed beauty.

Well that's not the greatest news mate & sorry to read that. :thumbdown:

So many people are suffering at the hands of all this bl**dy rain, ...so sick of it myself but luckily the rain is never likely to cause me any problems because of how high up we're.

Fingers crossed you have some better luck and all goes to plan for the summer unveil. :thumbs:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Well that's not the greatest news mate & sorry to read that. :thumbdown:

So many people are suffering at the hands of all this bl**dy rain, ...so sick of it myself but luckily the rain is never likely to cause me any problems because of how high up we're.

Fingers crossed you have some better luck and all goes to plan for the summer unveil. :thumbs:

Thanks Gareth. I'm not worried about it not being ready this summer - it definitely will be. It's just the waiting that's bothering me and the fact NOTHING has been done yet. It'll all come together though. Just need to be patient.

On a plus side. The Focus has got better. I've given it a few tanks of vmax and a few very hard drives which seems to have really loosened it up. Feels much quicker now. It has a really nice induction sound too.

I forgot how hard you have to thrash a small capacity normally aspirated engine, too. It revs to 7400rpm.

Anyway - as soon as I've paid for the shortblock it'll be delivered then installed by Ken at R.E Performance in Bury. This should take place in the next 2 months. Essentially it'll be back on the road then. I won't increase boost until the rest has been done.

• Like 1

Sounds positive then Gareth. :D Can't wait to see how you get on with this shortblock. B)

Very jealous but you've earnt it. :blush:;)

Thanks G. It'll all be documented here. Can't wait to be behind the wheel of it again. I miss how special it felt.

With it being back on the road by summer I'll be going to a lot of 350Z meets so maybe I'll see you at one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...