Twin turbo 350z build.

TT350

• 3 weeks later...

Bleh. One of the turbo's actuator is broken and waste gate is stuck open.

Shouldn't be too hard to get a new turbo actuator though. :shrug:

Do you know what the turbo model number is?

I'd have thought Abbey Motorsport should be able to help you out with this. :thumbs:

Edited by GMballistic

It's a pe1420 made by power enterprise. I'm not sure what turbo it is or what it's based on. Made by IHI.

As far as I could gather I just need a nut to get it back on.

Can't wait until I've ironed out all the little teething problems!!

Oh my. So. Sorted the issue with the actuator. Thinking it'd cure the odd noise that got us to look under the car and investigate in the first place.

Wrong.

The manifold is loose on the left bank. No washers on it and some of the bolts are finger loose.

Problem is there's naff all room to tighten them. I'm hoping I can get in somehow by raising the engine one side but I doubt it. Looks like an engine out job.

Ok the plus side sorted the issue of steering column rubbing against downpipe and relocated the fuel line tgat was rubbing against the decat pipe.

:)

Despite problems I think I'll be pressing on with the project

Shopping list is;

BC Coilovers

ARB upgrades

Geometry set up

Additional suspension mods (any suggestions?)

Bodywork repaired

Possible colour change

Rear diffuser

Vertex bodykit

Work VSXX wheels 19"

F/R lights LED

Bonnet dampers

Engine bling

Alcantara dash and door cards

Blitz gauges for gauge pods

Custom binnacle with blue back light

Air con etc knobs same as above

Nismo seats/seats reupholstered blue and black alcantara

Cosworth shortblock (comes fully built balanced etc with low comp pistons upgraded rods)

Y pipe

Invidia exhaust system

Increase boost

Clutch upgrade

By which time the world's fossil fuels will have been completely depleted and politicians have been hunted to extinction.

Edited by TT350

I think it's going in for full respray and bodywork soon. Within the next couple of weeks. In the original metallic grey colour. Not sure what it's known as.

Or should I go R32 GTR Gunmetal grey?

I think it's going in for full respray and bodywork soon. Within the next couple of weeks. In the original metallic grey colour. Not sure what it's known as.

Isn't your Zed the same colour as mine? :dry:

It's called "Gunmetal grey" fyi. :D

Isn't your Zed the same colour as mine? :dry:

It's called "Gunmetal grey" fyi. :D

Yep same colour.

I do like the Skyline gunmetal though.

Cheaper option to get it done in the standard colour. Want to get to some meets but far too embarrassed with the state it's in at the moment!

Wv2 believe its silverstone grey..... What mine is currently having a full freshen up in ;)

Googled Silverstone Grey and that indeed is a match!

Hard to tell in pictures but at least you know now what it is. ;)

Very tempted to go.for the R32 Gun grey metallic though!

That will involve A LOT more work..... All the backs of the doors, tailgate etc will need painting and also the door shuts and boot shut etc. I stuck with silver stone grey as I like the colour anyway just wanted to refresh the whole body and changing the bumpers a little. :)

• Like 1

That will involve A LOT more work..... All the backs of the doors, tailgate etc will need painting and also the door shuts and boot shut etc. I stuck with silver stone grey as I like the colour anyway just wanted to refresh the whole body and changing the bumpers a little. :)

Yeah. But luckily I'm good friends with the owner of a bodyshop so I've been quoted 1000 all in. :)

Gun grey is a nice subtle colour and I think it'll suit the Z well :)

Ah right that's not bad then very good price! All I would say is mates doing work for you always ends up hassle unless they are reliable. Every time mates do work for me it takes aggggeeesss although the price is normally good. Get it done! Be nice to see it progress :)