Twin turbo 350z build.

TT350

Exiting times mate!! Bring on the booost!

I will be keen to wind the boost up. But I'm guessing there'll be a break in period for the new engine! That's going to be hard!

When I take it to be remapped I'm going to ask him to try and keep the same characteristics as it has now. No lag and a nice linear torque and power curve, but with more power. I won't sacrifice excellent power delivery over peak torque and bhp.

Nothing beats that feeling when things start moving and goodies start ringing on doors

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

I'll have a shortblock sat in my front room until it gets fitted lol. That'll cause some disputes.

• Like 2

Well I opened the 350Z today. Mould smell hit me hard!

Anyone have a good way to completely eliminate mould and smell from the car?

Thankfully it'll only be a couple more months until it's back on the road. In the meantime I have to pick a colour and pick a set of 19"s.

Will be using mines front lip a d tarmacsportz side diffusers and a chargespeed rear and smoothed bootlid (no spoiler).

Colours I'm torn between are;

Ford Imperial Blue

Ford Polaris Grey

Nissan Bayside Blue

Nissan Gunmetal grey

Black

Wheels. I like so many.

Leaning towards Work VSXX with the spokes a gunmetal colour.

After the remap I really will need the big brake kit so I'll leave boost until everything else is sorted.

At the same time as engine the clutch will be replaced with one capable of 750ib/ft.

• 3 weeks later...

Update.

TDI North won't be taking on the task of remapping etc. So I've fired an email to Abbey Motorsport who work closely with them.

A few bits and pieces to be added to the shopping list at Marks reccomendation:

Oil and fuel pressure sensor

350ZLink ECU which Can Control Boost and anti Lag AND Launch Control.

Complete with a new enclosure, totally replacing the original unit.

Compatible with

Nissan 350ZSkyline V35Infinity G35 with the VQ35DE engine.

The original ECU is removed, then the G4+ 350ZLink N350+ is installed. The original harness plugs in and the job is done, no wiring required and the original sensors are used.

The G4+ 350ZLink N350+ has an internal 4.0 bar MAP sensor. External MAP sensors are also supported.

Considerable gains in power across the complete RPM range can be achieved with the G4+ 350ZLink N350+ .

The G4+ 350ZLink N350+ allows full control over fuel, ignition timing, and all other engine functions.

The G4+ 350ZLink N350+ is supplied with a base map pre-loaded. Some final tuning will be required.

- See more at: http://www.linkecu.com/N350Plus#sthash.MkCD3fJ1.dpuf

• Like 2

This is the shortblock build then, right? Sounds like it's gonna be pretty hardcore :D

Yep indeed. I'm sure he will Gareth.

I will look at upgrading heads too later down the line to allow more power with less boost and bigger turbos. See if I can aim for 1000hp.

I'm glad the 350Zlink has programable launch control. I always wanted launch control but Racelogic don't do launch control any more and this ECU takes care of tgat.

Still need to source a longer final drive.

This thing should exceed 200 with 700hp surely.

• Like 1

I'm glad the 350Zlink has programable launch control. I always wanted launch control but Racelogic don't do launch control any more and this ECU takes care of tgat.

Go carefully dude my 470bhp bit me :(

In the same respect have fun it will be epic :)

Go carefully dude my 470bhp bit me :(

In the same respect have fun it will be epic :)

It bit me a few times with 300hp until I learned to show it respect :)

By the time I had 430 I'd learned to respect it at all times.

Roll cage and skid lid for track days.

Not usually one to copy others but, I've found a look I love for the Z. I've fallen in love with the way this looks...

Nothing wrong with that as it looks very good imo too. B)

Your Zed will never be identical to that one especially with your built motor so I wouldn't worry about getting inspiration or copying a few bits from others. ;) My own 350Z took some inspiration from Scott_f91's Zed as I loved the way his looked. :)

• Like 1

Not usually one to copy others but, I've found a look I love for the Z. I've fallen in love with the way this looks...

Nothing wrong with that as it looks very good imo too. B)

Your Zed will never be identical to that one especially with your built motor so I wouldn't worry about getting inspiration or copying a few bits from others. ;) My own 350Z took some inspiration from Scott_f91's Zed as I loved the way his looked. :)

Thanks Gaz, you've cleared the last bit of doubt up for me :)