Advice on selling up or keeping

Fluke

I am cant seem to make my mind up if I want to keep my 350z or sell it and get something else. The only other cars that seems to appeal to me are a 370z, BW335i and an Audi TTS. The problem is that the latter 2 choices seem to look like most other cars on the road and the 370z, apart from seeming to be a bit more refined; isn't really that big a step from what I now have.

Latest.jpg

My car has been up-revved (301bhp) and has the following mods:

370z seats

Steering wheel recovered

centre console, kick plates etc.. dipped

Tracker fitted (all wired in).

Dash cam fitted (all wired in)

Tablet installed

New sound system - Hertz ES250.5 sub, Alpine PDX-9 5 Chanel amp, Morel Tempo coax rears, Tempo 2 ways up front.

Plenum spacer

Berks HFC's

Miltek Exhaust

370z 192 wheels.

Engine bay clean and bling.

I think I have done as much as I can, although I have been thinking of having the doors re-trimmed in leather. :thumbs:

The car has 61k on it and If I sell it as it stands what do you think I would get for it? If I strip it back to standard and sell the parts I thought maybe £6k - £6.5k. the 370z's I keep looking at are around the £17k mark, so 10k on top is quiet a lot of cash.

What would you do?

Imho if i was spending an extra 10k it would have to be considerably better to make me want to change, that considerably better could be anything though, performance, spec/trim, looks or a combo of everything etc etc

Also looking at your car it doesnt seem to me you will be happy with oem so factor in a load of £ to make changes and its way more than £10k :)

The only thing i will add is, its only a 350z, a very personalised one but hardly like they are rare, so whats the worst that could happen, you change, dont like it and get back into a 350z.

Variety is the spice of life and think its good to experience different cars. I had a long stint of Rx7's as did Lmc, the owners are so blinkered about other cars its borderline insanity, i would rather have my Rx7 than a R8 for example, lol. I tried a few alternatives but always came back to Rx7's but my mind was open, i tried a 350z and never gone back, but i am always open to finding something i prefer over the 350 :)

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

Imho if i was spending an extra 10k it would have to be considerably better to make me want to change, that considerably better could be anything though, performance, spec/trim, looks or a combo of everything etc etc

Also looking at your car it doesnt seem to me you will be happy with oem so factor in a load of £ to make changes and its way more than £10k :)

To be honest, I dont plan on doing anything to my next car (I just don't have the time anymore). I still have a Chargespeed bumper, new clear rear lights, carbon mirror covers as well as a carbon dipped set, a carbon front lip, a carbon Mines style front lip and set of GT4 Alloys all sitting in my shed that were either going on or I changed my mind about fitting them. Either-way I keep accumulating parts I'm not going to get the time to fit, to a car I'm not even sure I want to keep.

The problem is, that since I changed my career path, I don't have the time I used to have. I have looked at virtually everything on Auto Trader and apart from the 370z most the other stuff looks boring, even if some of it a lot quicker than the Zed. The TTS and the BMW 335i are quick cars, look comfortable inside but outside they don't look any different (in my eyes) to an Audi TT or a BMW 318.

• Like 1

Ref TTS and 335i looking the same as the cheaper models: That's also a good thing, means you stand out less when pressing on or you can surprise a few things :)

Sometimes you just need a change.

Edited by Ekona
  • Like 1

Ha ha ..same problem here! i want to upgrade and it have to be way better then 350z...m3 e92 is in my mind ,but that is another £15k on top..question is:will I be happy with stock BMW ?! Probably not,and more £££ on top will be needed.....

Zed feel very personalised now,with all the mods done,lovely car but it ageing now..

The other day tried to race with m5 f10(Knew i HAD NO CHANSE) omg it has a brutal acceleration (probably was moded ),that made me want to upgrade even more!

Im looking at a 335i and a 330i today . Very capable cars, il upload some pics and a review if we buy one of them.

if u still love the zed keep it cos ul only regret selling it as ive done this with two or 3 cars in the past.

It's a difficult one Fluke. :dry:

Are you bored of the look of the car then?

Is it just because you feel you've modded it as much as you want?

Are you after more performance?

Or do you just want to experience something different (turbo, 4WD etc)?

Even though I have spent loads on my Zed I often think about changing it. It's not that it doesn't look great or go great now that's it's supercharged it's just that I'd like to experience different cars for different reasons.

Also without having my engine rebuilt or adding NOS to it I've kind of reached the best performance level I can get from it without throwing an even more ridiculous sum of money at it. I could get a few more Bhp here & there from certain things but it won't be the performance jump I experienced with going from NA to FI.

Now some of the cars I lust over are out of my current price range, like the R35 GTR for example. Others though I could definitely afford though like the Audi RS4 and Evo 8.

When I used to change cars it usually happened because I was chasing a better performance vehicle that I could afford and afford to insure. Nowadays the insurance isn't a problem so it's just how far does my budget stretch.

My advice would be to keep the Zed for the time being Fluke but stop spending anymore money on it bar the service items.

Start saving up and start selling some of the parts you don't need for the Zed & keep looking through Autotrader, Pistonheads etc to see if anything just jumps out at you that you'd really like. :thumbs:

• Like 1

I changed from a modded DE to a 70. I was adamant I didn't want the 70 but after testing driving everything in the 15-18k bracket I couldn't find anything that was better for me than the 70. .

It's not worthy the 2x price jump but then again nothing else is. One thing I will say is that the 70 needs some money/time spent on it to be special. So if you haven't got the time then it might not be the best car to buy..

Chants: Join our cult.. Join our cult.. (DIY s/c that is)

-or-

flap, flap, flap... vulture gracefully lands next to Zed carcass..

Chargespeed rear bumper you say? quizzical stare - ooooOOOOoooo..

flap, flap, flies away circling, waiting to see if Zed lives on or not..

;):teeth:

• Like 2

i had my bosses silly priced porker the other day and when i got back in the 370 it felt like home

its in litchfeild as we speak having the supercharger fitted im hoping thats going to keep me happy at least until more seats are needed

Edited by nissanman312

Even though I have spent loads on my Zed I often think about changing it. It's not that it doesn't look great or go great now that's it's supercharged it's just that I'd like to experience different cars for different reasons.

Also without having my engine rebuilt or adding NOS to it I've kind of reached the best performance level I can get from it without throwing an even more ridiculous sum of money at it. I could get a few more Bhp here & there from certain things but it won't be the performance jump I experienced with going from NA to FI.

Now some of the cars I lust over are out of my current price range, like the R35 GTR for example. Others though I could definitely afford though like the Audi RS4 and Evo 8.

When I used to change cars it usually happened because I was chasing a better performance vehicle that I could afford and afford to insure. Nowadays the insurance isn't a problem so it's just how far does my budget stretch.

My advice would be to keep the Zed for the time being Fluke but stop spending anymore money on it bar the service items.

Start saving up and start selling some of the parts you don't need for the Zed & keep looking through Autotrader, Pistonheads etc to see if anything just jumps out at you that you'd really like. :thumbs:

I think I have modded it as far as I would like and am just looking for the next best thing as I'm getting bored.

Part of me wants more performance and part of me wants better mileage, although the latter isn't massively important. I cover a little over 60 miles a day, every day and when I get to the car park at the end of the day I love the way it looks when compared to other cars; I just wish it was a bit more refined when it comes to driving. Hence the lust for the 370z.

Perhaps your right, I should just sell my spares and keep it as it is for while: although the re trimmed leather door cards are very tempting. :teeth:

I think I have modded it as far as I would like and am just looking for the next best thing as I'm getting bored.

Part of me wants more performance and part of me wants better mileage, although the latter isn't massively important. I cover a little over 60 miles a day, every day and when I get to the car park at the end of the day I love the way it looks when compared to other cars; I just wish it was a bit more refined when it comes to driving. Hence the lust for the 370z.

Perhaps your right, I should just sell my spares and keep it as it is for while: although the re trimmed leather door cards are very tempting. :teeth:

• Like 1

Sounds like you are changing for the sake of change, I kind of did with mine, similar spec list and just decided as my first proper sports car I had gotten that modding bug out of my system and was ready to move on. You think at the time how can you follow that but you can, and some. Think of it more of wanting another experience, as someone mentioned 4WD vs Fastback vs Go Cart (VX220!) vs etc. Each have their own characteristics and many stand out as much as the Zed.

The R32 GTR is a good shout, all Skyline prices are on the up at the moment. I keep my eye on them in the classifieds in case another one comes up I like but generally the GTRs are climbing in price quickly, you cant even get a half decent R33 GTR for less than £9k now they were knocking around at £7k a year ago. The R32 will be a classic soon although for me the looks are very marmite.

I just wish it was a bit more refined when it comes to driving. Hence the lust for the 370z.

370z is a good shout then and if a refined drive is what your after i certainly wouldnt get anything older than what you have.

Or dare i say it as some others have, something German?