Porsche Cayman

zxrob

My sis in Oz has one of those - great engine under the bonnet but getting in and out the back with the scissor doors was not made for my 6'2" frame and when you are in there, oh the backache. But at least in the back you were not easily seen.............. :shutup:

DSC_6551.jpg

• Like 1

Can be fun. Turn everything off and this happens if you're not that good a driver:

[

]

What happened there? Downshift at too high revs and the rear axle locked up, or just weight transfer from the gear change mid corner? Thought i would have been more well balanced than that.

Insufficient head-turn factor for me. Great cars no doubt but i don't feel like Id like to own one when I see them.

Have you ever driven one?

I had a boxster s pdk as a courtesy car for a month a few years back. I didn't want to give it back.

Crazy, brutal gearbox and really well balanced.

Different league to a Z as a drivers car, even if the image is a bit "hairdresser".

• Like 1

Insufficient head-turn factor for me. Great cars no doubt but i don't feel like Id like to own one when I see them.

I had a boxster s pdk as a courtesy car for a month a few years back. I didn't want to give it back.

Different league to a Z as a drivers car, even if the image is a bit "hairdresser".

I would have one of the new Boxters today . . if I could afford one :surrender:

No mate. But that wasn't the point of my post. Enough people say enough good things about Porsches for me to be convinced how good they are. Thing is, I have to be moved by the way a car looks as well as how it drives. Caymans don't do it for me in the looks department (plus they're quite a common sight around here). I don't think they're ugly, just not for me. (I know the 370Z Nismo isn't to everyone's taste, but I love the look of it.)

That's why my next car might well be an Evora S - great to drive and great to look at (IMO).

678c5c49806b3fb1e03efbd99b9e42ac_zpsa9ey1s9z.jpg

Edited by sipar69

As much as I love the way the Evora drives, I couldn't own anything that ugly or with that awfully designed interior in terms of switchgear locations. In that respect, I know exactly what you mean when you say you wouldn't want a Cayman.

The heart wants what the heart wants. We all knew there were 'better' cars out there when we bought our Zeds, that didn't stop us loving them and having super awesome funtimes with them :)

• Like 1

So OP- did you get one??

I've had my Cayman S for 9 months now and recommend one 100%. I have a Porsche warranty on mine so if you are concerned about all the horror stories on the internet maybe thats the way to go? Also I'd have to completely disagree with the comment made about the head turn factor compared to the Zed, at least around here anyway.

OP if you have any questions feel free to ask :thumbs:

Mine:

IMG_3477-Edit_zpscsbuen1p.jpg

Bonus points if anyone recognises where it was taken!

I've only had the privalige of a porker once and it was my bosses panamara big in comparison to the cayman

However I got the idea of just how sharp they are

What's that saying don't touch what you can't afford! In my case this was true as it was lovely

There are a few 350s in my area, no 370s as far as I know and if I saw another Nismo I'd probably crash due to the shock. There's a new Cayman in our road, an older Boxter in the adjacent road and a very nice new Boxter and a similarly nice 911 within half a minute's walk.... All of which is a testament to how successful and well regarded Porsches are, but it does mean people don't pay much attention to them around here (and no I would never buy a car just because it's rare but I do get a kick out the amount of positive interest people show in mine).

Nice photo by the way. :) I think I prefer the look of the older Cayman.

Edited by sipar69

So OP- did you get one??

I've had my Cayman S for 9 months now and recommend one 100%. I have a Porsche warranty on mine so if you are concerned about all the horror stories on the internet maybe thats the way to go? Also I'd have to completely disagree with the comment made about the head turn factor compared to the Zed, at least around here anyway.

Mine:

Somewhere in GB ...... Yes what do I win?

Car looks amazing .......... But the new ones really float my boat , unfortunately the price doesn't !

Cracking cars though :)

Can be fun. Turn everything off and this happens if you're not that good a driver:

[

]

What happened there? Downshift at too high revs and the rear axle locked up, or just weight transfer from the gear change mid corner? Thought i would have been more well balanced than that.

Ha - no idea. All of those and probably the wrong line and some very hot/worn tyres. Don't forget everything turned off.

Also speed. The apex on the left is about 185 kph and I'm doing the same speed as i pass 100 metres and then still around 100 kph at 25 metres.

• Like 1

So OP- did you get one??

Mine:

They didn't let me take it home after the above test drive. ;)

I have a Cayman R 2012 like this:

224643d1325805560-2011-road-king-classic-apple-green-black-2012-porsche-cayman-r_2.jpg

It's an amazing car and on a different planet handling-wise to 370Z. Everything about it is "perfect" for a second/track car. I've owned it for a few months but only take it out for a weekend away or on the track. If your my age and unfit it is not something to live in for several hours a day.

I would say that it is not that quick as well. I recently tracked it against a friend's Golf Type R and we were exact times lap after lap.

[

]

Consequ

Snap! ;)

IMG_19201.jpg

Good looking beastie in white

Indeed it is but saw the green one and my wife loves the colour so bought it within the hour. Cars are cheap here - it was 32,400 quid for a 2012 high-spec with 37,000 on the clock.

This is on the radar for the autumn:

image-1544.jpg

2015 Corvette Z06 (in Z07 trim)

Check out the performance figures online and the Evo review where it makes the 911 GT3 sit up and take notice.

8Q2EL88.jpg

Unfortunately about 65,000 quid in the USA but 90,000 quid here in Dubai!!

All sold out for 9 months so taking orders here for early 2016.

Forming a (dis)orderly queue.

Edited by captain