DFS sofas

twobears

No, my question is not, "Do DFS have a sale on"? :lol: I'm just trying to find out if their sofas are worth purchasing? I'm buying my daughter a house and she's seen a sofa in DFS that she likes but I am not sure if their things are good enough quality, having never bought anything from them? Any opinions?

I'm done with DFS & the likes. Yes they are cheap & most are comfortable but I think they're like throw away items these days. We've had a few but after a while they loose shape & comfort. Think your better off going for a quality brand & paying a little more IMO

Edited by Bems
  • Like 1

Graham Kirkham is a friend of mine but I wouldn't buy his stuff ... Harveys are a lot easier to deal with

Sorry I lied about the friend bit, but he lives about 8 miles from me and I've done stuff at his house before he bought it

• Like 1

It's a cloth sofa and the credit terms are very affordable :thumbs:

For those who are wondering about the financial arrangements, you are quite right, our daughter can't afford to run a house by herself but there's no reason why she can't choose and buy some of her own furniture :teeth:

• Like 1

I think Buster used to deliver Sofas for DFS - he never had any complaints about them being damaged on arrival that I know about and if you have seen Buster drive a delivery van that in itself shows they must make very strong sofas at least ;)

Note - I'm just waiting for them to have a sale and then I'll think about having a look for a new one :dry:

• Like 1

No experience of DFS but the out of town stores all same the same old gear. Along the same lines We ordered 3 piece leather suite years ago from Courts. They delivered right before Christmas after saying it wouldn't be possible ( ordered in September and took a lot of phoe calls) anyhow to cut a long story short when the payments were due to start we noticed no money was going out so we rang them and they said they would send out the forms again (having send in store) - none ever arrived so we called them back and they then disputed we had ever ordered anything - we told them to pop over snd see our new furniture but they just said - sorry no records of delivery to that address so after 2 years of saving the DD debit into a savings account we gave up. No wonder they went bust ! Was a nice holiday too

• Like 5

We have purchased a couple from them and they have been fine. All their sofa's are made in the UK now..

Not true. Some are made in the UK, the rest are made in the far east. Not really relevant where it's made anyway, as UK made doesn't guarantee quality.

I've purchased 3 DFS Sofa's and have no complaints about any. One developed a small imperfection in the leather and they sent a guy out to fix it with no questions asked. :thumbs:

• Like 2

I've had 2 suites from DFS over the years. The first was a cloth sofa set that survived 8 long years of being a bed for an 11 stone Great Dane! For the price I don't expect them to last forever.

Hope your daughter settles well in her new home :thumbs:

I've had 2 suites from DFS over the years. The first was a cloth sofa set that survived 8 long years of being a bed for an 11 stone Great Dane! For the price I don't expect them to last forever.

Hope your daughter settles well in her new home :thumbs:

Thanks Lyndzzz :) She is really excited to be moving and I'm almost as excited to be getting my house back to myself, ha ha :lol: