Hard or Soft Wax

Brummiestormer

I would say with the soft paint then the hard wax would be ideal for protection, with regards to the finish they leave I'm not sure how noticeable the difference would be.

If it was me I'd go for the hard wax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no best option, just what you prefer.

Soft wax is easier to work with but doesn't provide as much protection long-term, and hard wax is the exact opposite. With DJ stuff, I'd go for the harder option but tbh there's not that much difference.

Actually, I wouldn't use either, I'd grab a jar of Supernatural instead as it's a billion times better. Easier to use AND lasts longer, with a better finish. Don't worry about getting a full tub, even a panel pot will last you a couple of years on a Zed.

• Like 4

Supposedly; hard wax is more durable, soft wax gives a warmer finish.

Realistically, in my experience with Dodo Juice waxes specifically; hard waxes last a week longer at best, any difference in finish is unnoticeable unless you're really looking for it side by side.

Also, don't worry too much about the colour charged marketing spiel ;)

Soft wax is easier to work with but doesn't provide as much protection long-term, and hard wax is the exact opposite. With DJ stuff, I'd go for the harder option but tbh there's not that much difference.

Actually, I wouldn't use either, I'd grab a jar of Supernatural instead as it's a billion times better. Easier to use AND lasts longer, with a better finish. Don't worry about getting a full tub, even a panel pot will last you a couple of years on a Zed.

+1 on supernatural if you want dodo

+1 on supernatural if you want dodo

+2 panel pot for about £12 off ebay, could do three to four coats

What do you guys think think of Simoniz original, a friend of mine swears by it, keeps telling me to try it.

Not wanting to come across as a cynical old git, but does your friend recommend it because its the best one you can buy in Halfords? Has he tried any Dodo Juice or similar products you can get online?

• Like 1

What do you guys think think of Simoniz original, a friend of mine swears by it, keeps telling me to try it.

It is without doubt the single best wax in the "comes-in-a-150g-size-gold-painted-tin-priced-between-£7.98-&-£8.00-with-the-word-Simoniz-on-it" category. But only just. :teeth:

• Like 2

Think you could do either but personally on my 370z I clayed it first. You should always clay a car before a wax - It makes it a large job as you probably would wax, dry and clay it one day. then put it in a garage "anywhere" and then get it out the next day and polish and wax it. I clay mine once a year like this and wax it twice and tbh it doesn't need much more that way. It does make a massive difference as the paintwork is smooth. - Also always use twice the amount of clay. It is only £20 or £30 per year after-all. Not a lot compared to fuel. ;)

Claying wont necessarily marr the paint, it can be done without inflicting any damage... I mean not by me, I'm far too ham-fisted, but other people can do it safely. :lol:

Even if you do inflict marring though, you wont necessarily need to polish. You could opt for a filler heavy glaze, especially under a wax.

Link to black hole please ?

Oooo that sounds dodgy !!

I have a few swirls I would like to mask as best I can with it and the wax on top :)

I'm using britmax wax at the mo , pretty good . I've also got some dodo super and autosmart carnauba , which to be honest for the price is very very good and seems to last ages. I have found though that better paint ( our merc) holds the wax alot better and for longer ?! Not sure there is a reason for this , just my observation .