Apparently I've been in an accident.

Zeezeebaba

Two days ago I received a letter from my insurer stating a third party was making a claim regarding an accident that occurred somewhere as yet undisclosed. Obviously it's a mistake as I've not been involved in any incidents at all. It's probably a scam or misreported registration error but still annoying. Anyhow I've sent pictures of my mint and undamaged vehicle to my insurer just in case.

As yet no specific allegation has been received from the third party just the date it supposedly happened. It will be interesting to see how this pans out and I understand it's quite a common thing these days. Anyone else experienced this sort of thing?

• Like 2

You never know Zeezeebaba it could be one of these incidents where a Zed just like yours was involved but he was running on your registration plate pretending to be you, ...in which case it could be a nightmare.

Hopefully it will all get sorted out easily enough. Good luck and keep us all posted. :thumbs:

Had this 2 years ago, some foreigner chancing his luck.

Claimed I had door dinged his car and the claim was £500.

Insurance company's generally do not investigate for such a small some. They usually payout, you lose your no claims and bingo they raise your premium.

Push it till a loss adjuster gets involved, then make sure you have a diary tracking your movements be it work, driving etc.

I won my case but the loss adjuster said it was only my living by my diary which was acceptable as evidence.

Few years back we had something similar - turned out to be a mistake in the number plate but it was a nightmare!

Ignored the first letter called and explained it was nothing to do with us from the second letter and the 3rd letter, then got a letter saying they were proceeding with the case and as we had sent no reply they would find us liable - I went ape - customer complaints, manager senior manager etc etc

When the call finally came back from a manager they said there were 2 discrepancies - the number plate of the car involved was 1 digit different to ours and the car involved was blue - ours was silver :rant:

Eventually got it cleared up - followed up on it as it was a real nightmare and got £200 in compensation :thumbs:

Few years back we had something similar - turned out to be a mistake in the number plate but it was a nightmare!

Ignored the first letter called and explained it was nothing to do with us from the second letter and the 3rd letter, then got a letter saying they were proceeding with the case and as we had sent no reply they would find us liable - I went ape - customer complaints, manager senior manager etc etc

When the call finally came back from a manager they said there were 2 discrepancies - the number plate of the car involved was 1 digit different to ours and the car involved was blue - ours was silver :rant:

Eventually got it cleared up - followed up on it as it was a real nightmare and got £200 in compensation :thumbs:

It's so easy to get confused when you have a car which can be silver one day and blue the next! Lol.

• Like 5

I could be all of the above, except you know it wasn't you...Fight it to the end :thumbs:

I had something similar a few years ago when my car was supposed to be involved in a

hit and run in the afternoon of when my car was tucked up in the station car park

and I had a ticket to prove it. It still took months to sort out, including the police who

came to my house at 6.30 am the following morning to arrest me for leaving the scene of

a hit and run accident..!! :rant: :rant:

I could be all of the above, except you know it wasn't you...Fight it to the end :thumbs:

I had something similar a few years ago when my car was supposed to be involved in a

hit and run in the afternoon of when my car was tucked up in the station car park

and I had a ticket to prove it. It still took months to sort out, including the police who

came to my house at 6.30 am the following morning to arrest me for leaving the scene of

a hit and run accident..!! :rant: :rant:

Mate of mine got a congestion ticket in London when he'd never been to London in his car. Photograph showed it was a completely different car but it took months to sort it out.

Pete

• Like 1

I am involved in accidents at least a couple of times a week, I obviously forget about them, and maybe old age is taking its toll on the grey cells, but its a good job a nice lady or gent call me at home on a night to discuss them and help me get the claims sorted :lol:

• Like 3

If you have CCTV of your car park ask the operators for a copy of the tape for the relevant time. This will be independent evidence of where your car was. Don't wait, grab it now before the tape is recycled . You may not need it but it's too late when it's gone.

If you have CCTV of your car park ask the operators for a copy of the tape for the relevant time. This will be independent evidence of where your car was. Don't wait, grab it now before the tape is recycled . You may not need it but it's too late when it's gone.

I hope they are not still using a "tape" system, they went out with the ark..!! ;)

I hope they are not still using a "tape" system, they went out with the ark..!! ;)

You're "wright"

I have no issue with proving where I was on the day in question. Office has the latest CCTV monitoring with non cycling digital storage plus I book on to a system called logosoft which keeps a record of my working hours to the second. I've still not heard anything back from the insurer as to what supposedly happened and where. No allegations have been made just a date given.

• Like 1