Spa Track Days?

tecb

Hi just to let everyone on here know that the company I contract too have a full season of track days booked at Spa Francorchamps (mods, if you think this to be inappropriate, please delete, but it is only an heads up)

The Z is particularly good around Spa, the circuit just lends itself to the layout.

Very fast, only two major braking points and fairly easy to learn. Its one of the most beautiful tracks in the world with some fantastic beers available, at the days end, of course.lol

• Like 2

OK, here they are.

28thMarch:18th April: 27thMay:23rd June:15/16July:5th Agust:23/24Sept and 12October.PM for further details.

Its through RSR Spa but I have all detail here, prices yet to be announced maybe a chance of a discount if enough enter.Prices do include all day catering and lunch.Various cars are available if youd soon not use your Zs.

• Like 1

I'll put it another way, its way easier than the Ring.;)

However, there are two 'big' areas to sort out.First is Eau Rouge, which when driven correctly, are pretty easy, its the entry and clip point on the right going up.There is a 'ridge'in the track thats always been a feature.Trick here is making sure all four wheels are straight ahead, many prople have, and will , find it very easy to hit the wall on the left on exit.Again, this is easy to learn.Second and probably hardest to learn is Pouhon or the downhill double left.Its VERY fast and really suits the zeds handling.Again, correct entry is essential as it is only one application of lock all the way through (apart from perhaps a little correction when really trying;)

In fact, all corners should only need one application of lock-easy.:))

• 2 weeks later...

If its EUR 595/GBP 437.5 then thats mega pricey, the excellent Circuit Days are offering Spa at £280

If you havent been to Spa though, do it, easily the best circuit Iv driven - Ill definitely be back again later this year :teeth:

Pouhon can be done sideways in 4th if you have the inclination, and Eau Rouge can just about be done flat in a 350Z but it took me 2 whole days to summon up the courage :lol:

Great,the more the merrier, the great thing about RSR is,OK the prices might seem a little high but they do tend to focus a bit more on the open Pit Lane approach.how often has anyone been on a track day where its been run in twenty minute sessions? One red flag usually brings a bit of confusion for the next session,blocked pit lanes are not fun.Open PL is the chosen route with RSR,maximum track time for all.

As some maybe aware,I do contract to RSR as an instructor,have worked with many UK companies and others in Europe. That's why I only work with RSR now. :)

No TD organise works the same as the next,they all have their own methods. RSR Premium days is different as you will not get blocked by a "modified" Fiesta,overtaking either side or in braking areas,clip points included.The drivers they tend to attract the more experienced drivers who are not prone to unsporting behaviour. There is a very thorough Drivers Briefing so that all participants know whats expected of their driving,safety is of the highest importance,every driver gets a wrist band after attending the briefing-no band=no track access.

As for lunch,well,theres lunches and theres lunches. ;)

I dont want to seem like Im having a go, but Ive only ever been on OPL trackdays, including 2 Circuit Days run events at Spa, another 5 of their events and 10+ from other companies including RSR IIRC, it seems to be the way these days and is always made clear before you book.

Ive also never seen anyone overtake in a braking zone, and TBF I think its a little bit naughty to suggest that it happens, I cant imagine many marshalls or track day organisers letting that kind of thing fly.

Hell, Ive organised 4 OPL trackdays myself with SXOC and weve only had one incident of someone trying to overtake under braking or on the wrong side, that said we are a car club so youd expect better manners. Likewise, thorough briefings and wristbands are standard form too, Ive no doubt the RSR days are excellent but its not really fair to suggest that other organisers are cheaper because they are more risky.

Like I say, Im really not having a pop but trackdays have come on a lot in the last 4/5 years in my experience. :thumbs:

I've seen appalling driving in both a sheddy old Fiesta with chav cans and in a 458 Challenge car on track days. I make zero assumptions as to the level of driving I expect from the guy behind/in front, as any one with a big enough chequebook can buy anything they want, regardless of talent ;)

I'd consider myself an experienced track day driver, but I'm not sure I'd be happy with overtaking on either side. I've been on days where it's been allowed in parts (Rockingham is the one that sticks out in my mind), and tbh it just encourages idiots to do idiotic things. I'm sure it does work, as lots of companies do it now, but each to their own on the comfort for that.

Worst track day I ever did was at Anglesey with Circuit Days years ago, we had GT-Rs and Evos racing each other and undertaking through the the last corner by the pit wall (the single most dangerous place on the whole track!) but I went back with them last year and they had massively improved and it was one of the best run days I've ever done. I'd use them happily again. :)