Am I Asking To Much For My 2006 Z

keithvmx1200

I was going to wait for the summer to sell my car but need it sold now. I advertised it on 29 January and it has had 472 views but not one phone call. I paid £9000 for it last summer and spent a few pounds on it since. I did not think I was asking over top top for it. I would like to know what you good people think I should be asking for it.

http://www.ukclassifieds.co.uk/page-2509561.html

Regards Keith B)

i would say while its wet, dreary and generally miserable, apathy is the general mood especially for a Soft Top.

So generally people are sat at home, some dreaming about what they would like to own and some looking at what they will be purchasing when the weather improves.

Re price, I will leave that to others more in the know.

Good Luck though.

• Like 1

seems reasonably priced, but it is a terrible time to be selling a convertible! if you need a quick sale you need to put it at a quick sale price.

also, is it advertised anywhere other than uk classifieds? i'd never heard of that site before, not where i'd be looking to buy a car from.

• Like 3

As above. Wrong time of year for people to be looking for convertibles. May onwards is prime time. You need to put it on this forum and Pistonheads but be prepared to lower the price if you want to tempt people into buying a soft top this early in the year.. GLWTS.

Edited by Payco

Thanks for the replies and I do have it on this site under Zs for sale. Z Legend why was it moved from General as I guess many members don't come on here. I have been looking all morning to see my Topic but could not find it.

Regards keith

Is the car registered after March 2006? i.e. £500 tax?

If it is it would put me off, as the car is a late reg 2005 model. If it was the facelifted 2006 (which it isn't) then I would be happy today the extra £220 tax.

Thanks for the replies and I do have it on this site under Zs for sale. Z Legend why was it moved from General as I guess many members don't come on here. I have been looking all morning to see my Topic but could not find it.

Regards keith

We don't allow 'what's it worth' type posts in 350 General or elsewhere but as you had attached a link to where it was being sold, rather than mentioning you had an Ad on here, it gave us the opportunity to move it and for you to solicit comments. Otherwise you would not have had the topic allowed.

Oh and the new tax rules mean you would have to hand over/back £250 to the new owner as once the car it sold it is their responsibility to tax it (and for you to claim back any unexpired full months from DVLA), so just knock that £250 off the asking price as others are suggesting. No brainer.

IMO the biggest draw of this car is the low miles, but personally I don't think people worry too much about mileage anymore, anything under 100k is "low mileage" so as much as I'd say it's "worth" the asking price, unless you get someone specifically put off by higher milers, everyone would choose to pay £2k less for a similar car with higher miles.

But that's just my view and I'm sure it will sell in time but be prepared to hang on till summer.

Good luck with the sale tho ðŸ‘

I take on board all of the comments put on here and thank you for them. I think you are right that it would be better to wait until April/May and then as well as on here I may put it on Autotrader but in the meantime if anyone knows anyone who wants a nice 350Z

then point them in my direction and there will be a good drink in it for you

Regards Keith B)

The time of year didn't put me off as I bought mine in the dead of winter.

Just shows that there is always someone on the look-out, if the price is right.

Having said that, I paid a similar price as you paid last year, but it was a 57 HR with 30k

We are nearly into March now with temperatures picking up, so just be patient. :thumbs:

unless i missed it but if thats only place its advertised, then probably why you dont have much interest. I had thousands of views in the first few days alone on my 2006 zed. I've never checked that site when looking for cars. popular sites I know are autotrader, ebay, and PH.