Six Nations 2015

The G Man

England for me, supported them in my local welsh pub last year, was fun! :lol:

I went to London Welsh a few years ago for a 6N England game with 2 english friends, 1 of their Irish girlfriends and my Scottish girlfriend at the time... in a marquee of about 2000 people, they were the only 4 non-Welsh there!! There was this Welsh guy who was giving them abuse constantly, until about 35 minutes in when about 100 Welsh guys started shouting at him for being a "football supporter" and calling him a tw@t... they made him buy all 5 of us drinks for the entire match! We eventually bought him a drink at the end of the game... he seemed happy enough even though Wales lost. :(

I shall be sitting in Welsh seats again, so that'll be fun too

I would lend you a Welsh jersey.. but doubt it would fit. :stir:

No doubt at all but thanks H for the very considerate offer :p

I hope England smash them. Living in Wales we're getting saturation coverage of the game, it's headlines on the news, they even had the 2005 game on BBC Wales last night. I mean for goodness sake there's little interest in rugby North of Merthyr so why subject those living up here to this rampant patriotism. Anyway, I have a sneaking feeling that France have a good shot at it this year.

Pete

England won't smash them, if they do win it'll be a bit of a result tbqh. Ireland for me this year.

I'm actually fairly confident that Wales will beat England on Friday... which judging by last experience means England are going to smash us. :(

I agree with you but hope you're right :wacko:

I'm actually fairly confident that Wales will beat England on Friday... which judging by last experience means England are going to smash us. :(

With any luck! :lol: Hopefully its a good match though from both sides :)

• Like 1

With any luck! :lol: Hopefully its a good match though from both sides :)

Thats what I am hoping for.... some good running rugby!

Followed by Wales thrashing England..... :D I can dream!

I hope England smash them. Living in Wales we're getting saturation coverage of the game, it's headlines on the news, they even had the 2005 game on BBC Wales last night. I mean for goodness sake there's little interest in rugby North of Merthyr so why subject those living up here to this rampant patriotism. Anyway, I have a sneaking feeling that France have a good shot at it this year.

Pete

Our tv always defaults to Wales too even though I'm just under a mile from the border, just change the channel to northwest England I'm sure you could get the signal there.

I disagree with only being interested South of Merthyr, all the Welsh folks in work were chest bearing today. Edit, beating I said beating not bearing :lol:

I class myself British then English however I have quite a bit of Welsh in my known heritage. I want England to win but in reality a good gam bis a good game... I've never been competitive as far as team sports go, just like a good game :)

Edited by Fodder
  • Like 1

Exciting match Not happy seeing George North playing on after that head hit must have had concussion, second half when he went down and no one really touched him, Dillon Hartley played well.

Well done for a good game the Welsh :thumbs: Now is there many Italions on here :lol::wave:

• Like 1

Sorry, that was a shocking game for Wales, looked good, clean and clinic for first 5 minutes then......nothing!! Well done to England.... played a lot better than I expected and reacted to the way the game went a lot better than Wales.

North should have been off the field in the first half, but definitely in the second half.

The ref was terrible!!!!!!!!!!! Horrible calls against both teams.......

Our tv always defaults to Wales too even though I'm just under a mile from the border, just change the channel to northwest England I'm sure you could get the signal there.

I disagree with only being interested South of Merthyr, all the Welsh folks in work were chest bearing today. Edit, beating I said beating not bearing :lol:

I class myself British then English however I have quite a bit of Welsh in my known heritage. I want England to win but in reality a good gam bis a good game... I've never been competitive as far as team sports go, just like a good game :)

The problem is that my Sky Box is locked to BBC Wales on channel 101, I believe BBC North West is on Channel 900 and something, but I don't think it's in HD. Oddly enough, if I use a freeview box then I can't even get BBC Wales, despite the fact that I can actually see the lights on the Moel-y-Parc tower which is about 8-10 miles away. North Wales is not the hotbed for rugby that South Wales is. There's not a single player I can think of who has ever played for Wales and attempts to establish a professional club up here have failed miserably. Sure, there is an amount of National pride in every part of Wales but people around here talk football most of the time. TBH though, I find it quite amazing that a small country like Wales can produce such a competitive team from a relatively small catchment area.

I don't really have any Welsh blood in me. Well, my father was born in Overton, just inside the Welsh border but his family lived in Shropshire at the time and like you I've always considered myself British first and English second.

Pete