Six Nations 2015

The G Man

A true optimist would say Italy, but as long as they finish above Scotland, I'll be happy! (I have my reasons).... plus, you've always gotta love the underdog! As always, it's got to be between: England, France, Ireland and Wales.

IMO though, Ireland don't have what it takes this year to compete and France is as always an unpredictable entity. It's got to be between Wales and England for me... and of course I'm going to say my money is on England.

Why? Because I think that the progress can be seen with the team growing as a unit. First game of England vs Wales will almost certainly put to bed the question of who will dominate this year's six nations!

• Like 1

Heart says Wales, head says Ireland. Although the typically unpredictable French will probably have something to say and Scotland much improved (think they will be more of a force in next years comp after the World Cup)

Can never write Italy off at home at upsetting someone and turning everything upside down!

Looking forwardto the comp, could be the most open in years in my opinion.

Having watched quite a bit of rugby lately, Euro, Aviva, Pro12 but not much of the French league, my feelings are, England, can never discount them, strong depth to the squad, with ready made replacements at a moments notice to cover serious injury.

The result next Friday will be close but I think Welsh passion may narrowly shade it but I don't think they will keep the momentum up, hope they can but if defeated by England, will they be able to pick themselves up?

Ireland are strong and consistent, the Irish teams in the Euro competitions (as all the Celt sides) have done well and are far the strongest of the Pro 12 teams.

France, again, flashes of brilliance when it comes to domestic and Euro competitions, bearing in mind there's a strong Italian presence there, so Italy are not the numpty side they once were and will cause a few upsets at home.

Scotland, will do well to avoid the wooden spoon, squad depth is woeful and the expats in France are with struggling sides. We'll miss Maitland and Denton if they aren't fit,but hopefully our new coach will make a difference.

Wales....

England has too many injuries - good team for the World Cup, if players can make a decent comeback

Ireland has too many changes, but they could possibly bring the game plan to upset everyone - they always seem to be able to upset the big teams, so watching closely

France will no doubtly have a great team on paper, but just cannot play as a team (wish they woud get it together)

Scotland........

Italy.........

i fancy going to the Scotland v wales game, its the only game I'm off work for.

normally goto a couple of games each year.

my monies on Scotland!!!! haha

Spent all my rugby money on World Cup tickets and hotels :)

I fancy doing this one year. Try do as many games as i can

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I hope your're right George, I was in Cardiff 2 years ago and England were embarassing. Got tickets for next week but I'm a tad apprehensive to be honest. :surrender:

I wish I knew that, I could've got a lift instead of a taxi from Cardiff station to Surbiton! "Hi Mate, where to", "Surbiton please", "Where's that?", "Kinda near Heathrow"... I was expecting him to say no! Actually, reading that back I think my voice was a little more slurred.

Anyway, my 6N predictions in order, I reckon I'll be correct in pairs at least (i.e: 1 & 2 could swap, 3 & 4 could swap and 5 & 6 could swap places):

1 - I reckon Ireland will be really strong this year, they've won 9 of there last 10 games including South Africa and Oz, however they do have Wales in Cardiff which could be tough assuming Wales are still in the running for the 4th game.

2 - Wales will likely be a good bet coming off the back of their RSA win, hopefully the years of struggling to beat southern hemisphere teams are now over and they can relax a bit on pitch.Gatland's mind games alreay started last week.. which is more amusement than anything else.

3 - France will still be in Paris for the full tournament. On the other hand they may send a world class team.

4 - England probably have to many injuries, but they have strength in depth so you never know.

5 - Italy will likely have improved again and will beat someone away, probably Wales again at Cardiff (grrrr).

6 - Scotland will be too busy drinking to notice the tournament's started, the players probably won't be much different.

I didn't buy any tickets this year, I spent far too much on RWC tickets. :(

• Like 2

i fancy going to the Scotland v wales game, its the only game I'm off work for.

normally goto a couple of games each year.

my monies on Scotland!!!! haha

Spent all my rugby money on World Cup tickets and hotels :)

Which games are you going to? I got all the Wales group games, both possible Wales/Eng/Oz group quarters & both semis... didn't get the final or 3rd place playoff though.

I reckon its between England and Wales myself, will see on Friday. Ticket prices seem to have gone up about 100% from last season though, and seeing as I didnt get any WC tickets despite sticking in for about £2500 worth, they can stick it up their arses quite frankly. :angry:

I'm a WRU debenture holder so a bit biased. Ireland on paper, England have a lot of injuries - Heart say Wales - they have a strong squad still with the British Lions backbone. Liam Williams is outstanding and can't get a starting place. If they hold their discipline and get the line out under control then they will beat England in the opener.

Lets hope the roof is closed !

• Like 2

England for me, supported them in my local welsh pub last year, was fun! :lol:

I went to London Welsh a few years ago for a 6N England game with 2 english friends, 1 of their Irish girlfriends and my Scottish girlfriend at the time... in a marquee of about 2000 people, they were the only 4 non-Welsh there!! There was this Welsh guy who was giving them abuse constantly, until about 35 minutes in when about 100 Welsh guys started shouting at him for being a "football supporter" and calling him a tw@t... they made him buy all 5 of us drinks for the entire match! We eventually bought him a drink at the end of the game... he seemed happy enough even though Wales lost. :(

I shall be sitting in Welsh seats again, so that'll be fun too

I would lend you a Welsh jersey.. but doubt it would fit. :stir:

• Like 1