North West Newbie

Hey. Have been looking at a number of Zeds for a while now but still haven't found one that's right. Hopefully I'll get one sorted soon! I've been to look at a few that are listed as "immaculate", but when I get there (usually after a long drive) they're absolute sheds.

Currently driving a Civic Type R (FN2) which is now going to become the the sensible family car for the Mrs to chauffeur the kids (2) around in. As the Zed only has 2 seats, I'll have to pick which one of my kids I love the most when I go out...

Loads of great info on this forum which has been very useful so far.

Thanks for all the welcomes. My budget was £8000, but I wanted to keep a bit of this on one side to go towards tax and insurance. I looked at quite a few all over the place but they all had issues. I was about to do a 6 hour round trip to Swindon, when one came up 2 miles from my house :D . It was on for £8250, and I got him down to £7750. Great condition, 12 months MOT, and only 39,000 miles. It's an 06 plate. The only couple of issues are it will need new tyres fairly soon, and the W strut underneath is rusty, so that will need looking at. Since I got it, it's snowed lots though, so I haven't managed to do too much in it yet.

IMG_2546.jpg

IMG_2545.jpg

A quick thing I'm after is a new gear knob. Have seen a black Nismo one on eBay for £56. Seems a bit steep for a lump of metal. Is there anyone on here that sells them? Did a search and nothing came up.