Dan's 645Ci thread

Ekona

I've never driven a 6 series, but I did consider going to test drive one and possibly buy one before the Zed. It is a sexy motor!

In the end I thought the Zed was heavy enough for what it was (I was originally after a Z4 3.0, S2000 or Boxster 3.2)

I'm glad I got my Zed, the noise and this forum were enough to convince me it was the right choice.

Not much can beat the interior of the German cars without blowing loads of money though.

It's not a hugely exciting interior, but it's of the highest quality and one of the things I like about the car. 110k miles and it looks like it's not even done a quarter of that inside.

'Twas fun going through tunnels on the way to and from the PHSS today :D

• 3 weeks later...

In the on-going experiment that is fiddling with things just to see what happens, I've been playing with the suspension again today. Yeah, still...!

I've put all four corner on max soft, for no other reason than to see how close that actually is to the stock settings. The answer? Closer than I expected, tbh. You do notice the extra spring rate (exactly what that is I don't know, I really should speak to BC and find out) as it's more resistant to immediate bumps, however the damping at full soft is remarkably compliant and IIRC pretty damn close to stock. Certainly the car wafts much better at this level. My previous posts relating to super soft were actually made at 5 clicks from soft, turns out I can't actually count :blush::lol:

Is it what I'm after? No, but it's nice to have the option. I'm still struggling to find the perfect balance as the roads round here go from billiard-table-smooth to 13-year-old-boy-pockmarked within a few miles, but I'll get there.

Oh, I should probably mention that I also have the full fitting kit for a bucket seat sat in my dining room right now too... :D

• Like 1

I think some headlight eyelids/eyebrows colour matched would also improve it no end :) if there is such a thing :)

Whilst I see what you mean, sadly those bits of the headlights are the indicators. Now I know they're usually optional on a BMW anyway, but I figure the MOT guys would prefer I kept them.

• Like 1