Buy Cheap and Wrap or wait for the right colour....?

Diab2005

Hi guys

Bit of a strange topic but i'm currently looking at buying a 370z and selling my 350z. I was really after a Le Mans blue 370z but i'm starting to realise that these are hard to come by. My budget is 16k MAX.

Currently there are a lot of grey options out there for reasonable prices (One has just come up on Autotrader for 14k)..personally grey is not a colour I would go for and so I am starting to consider buying in a colour such as grey (Which im not a fan of) and then using the remaining money to potentially wrap the car in a colour that I want and that is unique.

I've come across Red Satin Chrome and Blue Satin Neon as colours that I think look amazing however these were shown off on a Nissan GTR (TLC Detailing) and so I am a bit concerned that it may not look quite as good on a 370z.

Was just really after some opinions on if anyone else has done or thought about this way of buying or advice on what they think the best step would be.

I have only had one quote on the wrap and it was 2.7k which is a HELL of a lot of money especially if I end up not thinking it looks absolutely unreal.

Do I buy and wrap or do I hold out for a Le Mans blue to come up for the 16k budget??

Below are the images I have seen of the GTR

post-17675-0-79003300-1421162744_thumb.jpg

post-17675-0-72169000-1421162770_thumb.jpg

depends... if you want a custom colour that can only be achieved by a wrap, then you can just buy the cheapest standard colour car you can and wrap it - however if you want an actual painted finish, then you'll have to wait for a Le Mans blue car!

How much is a respray? is that prohibitively expensive?

What brillomaster said. I would go for a custom colour personally but then I'd want mods to complete the look :lol:

If you go down that route ask for some photoshop efforts on here first to give you an idea of how it could look

Nice one guys fairly dominant answer there..I'll hold off for the Le Mans. Grundy that is effectively the same situation I am also tempted by the charcoal black edition but again they are rare...DOH! Why can t I just like silver :(.

I think re spray would be about an extra 500-1k on top of wrap unless you just mean in the Le Mans Blue that could be doable :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I held off for a Azure 50 and loved it. Wanted the 70 in Le Mans but all the examples I saw were dogs.

So I grey one came up very well priced and I jumped on it. I am still not sure to do this day I made the right decision but once your in the car driving, it doesn't really matter what colour it is :lol:

APM Customs round the corner from us are awesome wrappers.

As you know I do a bit but a car is a bit beyond me at the moment.

They are essentially our competition with a few things but you've got to doth the cap to the better man some times and these guys are very very good.

• Like 1

Aaaaa LRF4N just when I thought I had a unanimous answer...yea wheels would need doing in a black I think if I went for red and I NEED to get a nice soundin zorst on it of course

There is a 2011 Nissan 370Z GT in blue for sale on the Autotrader website over here in Belfast. Only 13,600 miles. Looking £17,750 but I think it has been advertised for a while so maybe room for negotiation. Might be worth a cheap flight over via Easyjet or Flybe.
  • Like 1

Blank canvas! Personally I would buy the cheaper grey and wrap it for more uniqueness. Because with a rear colour it may also be difficult to sell as it may be hard to buy. Always works both ways.

The common grey colour are common for a reason and general keep well.

• Like 1

Nice one Ricey i'll see what kind of quote they can do for me...you need to get practicing on the wrapping mate you know you would be the first port of call!!!

What do you guys reckon the the red satin over the blue??? (GTR images above) - Damn I wish I could afford one of those!!!

Aaaaa LRF4N just when I thought I had a unanimous answer...yea wheels would need doing in a black I think if I went for red and I NEED to get a nice soundin zorst on it of course

There is a 2011 Nissan 370Z GT in blue for sale on the Autotrader website over here in Belfast. Only 13,600 miles. Looking £17,750 but I think it has been advertised for a while so maybe room for negotiation. Might be worth a cheap flight over via Easyjet or Flybe.

Nice one Richard worth a shot I suppose however coming down by 1,750 on a car with that mileage and age may be a little ambitious...still no harm in trying!!!

I was never a fan of the LM blue. Not a patch on azure

I wasn't either when they came out. But my mind quickly changed when I seen one in the flesh. The colour just grew on me the more I looked at it.

can you get glossy wraps? im not normally a fan of wraps, but I think that's because they're nearly always a matte finish, which makes it obvious its a wrap.

saying that, I think a dark red would look good on a 370z - there aren't many out there, so high likelihood it will be unique.

I think the best factory colour for the 370 is the red. The blue doesn't do it justice. My opinion of course

For that reason I would go for a metallic blue

If your gonna wait for the right colour wait for red :lol:

I was considering the same when looking at Z4's (was looking at them becuase couldn't find any 370's anywhere near me), in the end got lucky and a Le Mans Blue 370 came up 2 mles down the road :)

Anyway, I had 2 quotes on a Z4 to wrap it of around £1400, from South Wales Auto Wrap and Yianimize (probably the most renowned wrappers i the UK) so £2700 seems very very steep. Can't imagine the colour would make that much difference as my quote was for a pearlecsent and as far as I know the only colours that are far more expensive are chrome one's.

Anyway, theres pros and cons of both. If you wrap then the paintwork underneath is going to be protected and you also end up with an individual colour that you chose.

Cons are that you probably won't get any of the money back at sale time and if it's a 'marmite' colour you may even struggle to sell it without taking it off.

If you can get a real bargain, say a few £K under then I'd go for it, if there's not much money being saved then I'd wait.

• Like 1

APM Customs round the corner from us are awesome wrappers.

As you know I do a bit but a car is a bit beyond me at the moment.

They are essentially our competition with a few things but you've got to doth the cap to the better man some times and these guys are very very good.

+1

can you get glossy wraps? im not normally a fan of wraps, but I think that's because they're nearly always a matte finish, which makes it obvious its a wrap.

saying that, I think a dark red would look good on a 370z - there aren't many out there, so high likelihood it will be unique.

Yeah you can get pretty much anything, satin and matte seemed to be the most popular when wrapping really took off but you can get gloss, metallic, chrome, pearlescent etc...

Check out Yiannimize on Twitter etc, he does mostly supercars but a lot of people just go for a regular colour wrap mainly to protect the paint and you wouldn't know that it was paint tbh!