Buy Cheap and Wrap or wait for the right colour....?

Diab2005

I wanted a white Z... I bought a silver one wrapped white.

Saved up for a respray due to hating it from not long after purchase - no real shine, depth or quality to it, seams everywhere.

I'm pretty sure it's made the rust on my rear arches worse by holding moisture in.

Don't do it!

How much would it be for a respray Cal?

• Like 1

Saved up for a respray due to hating it from not long after purchase - no real shine, depth or quality to it, seams everywhere.

I'm pretty sure it's made the rust on my rear arches worse by holding moisture in.

Don't do it!

Exactly my concerns!

• Like 1

Here I am!!! £2700 sounds a lot but depends on the vinyl, colours vary quite a lot depending on what you want and what make. As for saying 'I don't do wraps', unfortunately there's a lot of shite wrappers out there, wraps should never have a seam. I'd suggest whoever did it isn't a wrapper or is a shite one!! We usually charge around £1800-£2000 for a wrap. What material did they quote you for and what make!!??

Don't do it!

Circa 2.5k mate I think is the going rate, would be more usually for me as I'm having loads fitted... But it's a mate so I'm getting it cheaper.
  • Like 1

Don't do it!

Circa 2.5k mate I think is the going rate, would be more usually for me as I'm having loads fitted... But it's a mate so I'm getting it cheaper.

I'd rather have a respray than a wrap personally, and if there's not that much difference in the cost then I'd go for the respray. £2700 does sound a lot for a wrap though.

I was going to do the same with the 350 - Wanted Azure, but they were always 2k more than silver. - So almost went and got a silver one and have it wrapped.

But then went with a different colour all along :lol:

I went for azure price wise silver black grey wher much the same orange was 500 less blue was 500 more for same miles and age.

Here I am!!! £2700 sounds a lot but depends on the vinyl, colours vary quite a lot depending on what you want and what make. As for saying 'I don't do wraps', unfortunately there's a lot of shite wrappers out there, wraps should never have a seam. I'd suggest whoever did it isn't a wrapper or is a shite one!! We usually charge around £1800-£2000 for a wrap. What material did they quote you for and what make!!??

I got another quote from Yianimizze in North East London at 1.7k for the Hexis wrap red satin chrome according to posts put up earlier they are one of the best in the business. So the rust thing stated previously is due to a crap job u think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got another quote from Yianimizze in North East London at 1.7k for the Hexis wrap red satin chrome according to posts put up earlier they are one of the best in the business. So the rust thing stated previously is due to a crap job u think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful of hexis at the moment, theyre admitting to a lot of failing material (apparently). Check with THEM (Hexis) first. We only use 3m or my favourite, Avery Supreme.