Buy Cheap and Wrap or wait for the right colour....?

Diab2005

Aaaaa LRF4N just when I thought I had a unanimous answer...yea wheels would need doing in a black I think if I went for red and I NEED to get a nice soundin zorst on it of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a 2011 Nissan 370Z GT in blue for sale on the Autotrader website over here in Belfast. Only 13,600 miles. Looking £17,750 but I think it has been advertised for a while so maybe room for negotiation. Might be worth a cheap flight over via Easyjet or Flybe.

This has been for sale for ages. Dash has been flocked as its been in an accident.

Aaaaa LRF4N just when I thought I had a unanimous answer...yea wheels would need doing in a black I think if I went for red and I NEED to get a nice soundin zorst on it of course

There is a 2011 Nissan 370Z GT in blue for sale on the Autotrader website over here in Belfast. Only 13,600 miles. Looking £17,750 but I think it has been advertised for a while so maybe room for negotiation. Might be worth a cheap flight over via Easyjet or Flybe.

This has been for sale for ages. Dash has been flocked as its been in an accident.

Dash doesn't look flocked to me :shrug: No idea about the accident, though. Did you HPI it?

Here another nice one over here, out of budget no doubt, but is wearing some nice LMGT4's :p

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201412169670786/sort/default/make/nissan/usedcars/page/1/quicksearch/true/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/postcode/bt635wt/radius/1501/ni-only/on/model/370_z?logcode=p

• Like 1

Messaged Yianimizze and AMC for a quote will post up results in case anyone's interested. Yea it's nice that Kyle..ur right though miles out of budget :(

Yiannimize always has a massive waiting list unfortunately but will still be interesting to see what both quote you :)

So APM need to look into the pricing as the wrap would be bought in from Hexis in the colour i'm after, however Yianimize have stated a full wrap including sills etc. for 1.7k so have knocked 1k off my best offer already!

Im thinkining I may go for the wrap option just need to keep an eye out for a well priced silver/grey 2010 370 now. I hear that the 2009 model's satnav/head unit isn't as good as that on the 2010 model...

So APM need to look into the pricing as the wrap would be bought in from Hexis in the colour i'm after, however Yianimize have stated a full wrap including sills etc. for 1.7k so have knocked 1k off my best offer already!

Im thinkining I may go for the wrap option just need to keep an eye out for a well priced silver/grey 2010 370 now. I hear that the 2009 model's satnav/head unit isn't as good as that on the 2010 model...

You could be very relaxed knowing they'd do a very good job too! I've got a 2010 and can definitely reccomend spending a little extra if needed to get one as the ipod interface/sat nav that comes with premium connect is very very good!!

Did Yianimize mentin any wiating times to book it in?

Yes mate they said it's about a three to four week waiting list at the moment and would take no longer than 4 days to finish the job...miles away from me but would be worth it for a decent job. WIll wait and see what price APM come back with they did mention there that as they deal with 3M and its a hexis wrap then they wouldn't be able to guarantee it etc.

So is the premium connect the software found in 2010 models+?

Yes mate they said it's about a three to four week waiting list at the moment and would take no longer than 4 days to finish the job...miles away from me but would be worth it for a decent job. WIll wait and see what price APM come back with they did mention there that as they deal with 3M and its a hexis wrap then they wouldn't be able to guarantee it etc.

So is the premium connect the software found in 2010 models+?

it's the hu not the software, 2010+ but needs checking as it could be a late registered car ;)

• Like 1

my advice which I live by - do it nice or do it twice

Lol agreed..it's a little nerve wracking wrapping in the dark red satin as I won't know if it looks good until it's done...I feel it will with some anthracite wheels n tints to boot

• Like 1

my advice which I live by - do it nice or do it twice

Lol agreed..it's a little nerve wracking wrapping in the dark red satin as I won't know if it looks good until it's done...I feel it will with some anthracite wheels n tints to boot

big fan of the colour, have seen a couple satin red GTR's (not dark) and they look great... unsure of the 350z though...

Mmmmmm, I am thinking of a bright red wrap for my 350 never thought I would consider it.

£1350 not including door shuts which will be extra and will be done if I go ahead.

Maybe a stooopid question, but other than washing is any other detailing required?

I personally don't do wraps. I've yet to see a single one done to the point of "Wow, looks like paint!". There's always a join, or a leading edge, or a bit missed like under the bonnet or the engine bay.

Colour should be the least important bit of a car. And yes, I'm aware of the irony of me saying that after all my anti-Resale Grey/Silver posts on here. True, though.

Reading up it appears the life of a wrap is 5 years, 7 at the very best.

So probably after 3 it's going to start to deteriorate?

Anyone with any experience?

Think a lot of places guarantee it for 5 years so no issues with earlier deterioration

I wanted a white Z... I bought a silver one wrapped white.

Saved up for a respray due to hating it from not long after purchase - no real shine, depth or quality to it, seams everywhere.

I'm pretty sure it's made the rust on my rear arches worse by holding moisture in.

Don't do it!

• Like 2