New member hello!

Hi Guys and Girls,

Just a quick introduction really, Im not new to the Jap scene but totally new to the 350z. We picked up a silver 56plate at an auction last night, for my brother, full leather, Brembo brakes and Rays (we had gone to the auction specifically for it, so not just an impulse) and Im here to just generally get some advice and join in the fun. Crappy night photo when we got home attached!

We have probably seen a lot of your cars at some of the Jap shows we attend we attend with Combustionpunks & MX5nutz, Japfest (1&2), JAE etc. I rember Amy's(?) light blue one at JAE last year in the show and shine. We have quite a collection of vehicles at the minute, 2x MX5's, a Toyota Sera, 2 VW vans (caddy & T4) a golf and a Hyabusa. Owning a bodyshop helps with the projects though :), and lets us work on some fantastic cars, we are very lucky to have some great customers with great cars!

Back to the 350..Its body is not in the best (or worst tbh) but def needs some TLC. The Rays were badly corroded and curbed, but are off the car now and in the workshop getting prepped up ready for a fresh colour...we are thinking Anthracite or possibly a custom dark anthracite/bronze. What do you guys find works well?? Also think we would like to update the front end, possibly just a splitter for now, any pointers in that direction? Is there anything else we should be looking out for problem wise?

Well that was my ramble. Hope to meet some of you guys at shows etc.

Emily (& Dave)

post-24349-0-82667400-1420546009_thumb.jpg

post-24349-0-28311300-1420546455_thumb.jpg

Edited by Painterdave

Welcome aboard Emily & Dave. :welcome:

Regarding the Rays alloys I think you'll find this thread below interesting to help with a colour choice.

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/90092-pic-heavyphotoshopped-pics-of-rays-in-different-colours-on-a-gunmetal-zed/

Personally I like the "shadow chrome" colour as this member (downhuman) has done to his Rays alloys. B)

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/71809-shadow-chromed-my-rays-first-pics/

One thing worth noting, actually two things ~ few new members joining lately who have neglected or just didn't know this: only use Super Unleaded fuel in the Zed and please check your oil regularly (every 1-2 weeks min). The engine will last a lot longer if you do these two simple things. :thumbs: