Cal's Bianco Fuji 350z - Pics P22

Cal

WE HAVE SOME SUNLIGHT!!!!! For a few mins haha

Basically - stuff the numbers, I've ordered them in order of preference.

It is incredibly difficult to pick up the differences on camera - though most the goons in my office think they all look the same in person! (Yeah, I actually took them to work haha :blush:)

But there are definite, noticeable differences in terms of pearl content and warmth/coolness.

1. Ferrari Bianco Fuji - The warmest and pearliest.

2. Lambo Balloon White - More white/silvery than #1 but just as pearly

3. Lexus Glacier Frost - Pearly, but dull/grey in low light

4. Lexus Starfire Pearl - Pure white with coarse flakes, not much pearl

5. Nissan Storm White - Average pearl

Nosun.jpg

sunlight.jpg

It's basically between 1- Bianco Fuji and 2- Balloon White.

Bianco is warmer and I'd say slightly pearlier than Balloon, balloon is a cooler, silvery white...

Balloon gets a better hit of sunlight in this pic so may unfairly sway opinion.

compare.jpg

Edited by Cal

Your car will look amazing once its done. That colour will look great along the Zed's curves! :)

Cheers buddy, I'm hoping so! The flat white does nothing for the curves at all :rant:

nice 458 ;)

It's an artists impression of what my Z will look like when it's done :blush:

• Like 2

My bathroom spotlights seemed to pick up the differences quite well... I think I still prefer Bianco Fuji.

IMG_20150218_234217.jpg

IMG_20150218_234355.jpg

And the Z Works guy has my projector shroud painted - WV2 Silverstone, looks quite dark here...

2_1.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah I think it's fairly unanimous for the Bianco Fuji.

Do it!

Yeah I'm settled on it... There's only 5% doubt in my mind Balloon looks cleaner and crisper, and that 5% is decreasing all the time :)

With regards to my Zworks lights, we both agreed the paint shop haven't matched Silverstone grey very well, it's too dark... I don't want the projector to disappear into the black housing. They are going to repaint them asap.

Yeah I think it's fairly unanimous for the Bianco Fuji.

Do it!

Yeah I'm settled on it... There's only 5% doubt in my mind Balloon looks cleaner and crisper, and that 5% is decreasing all the time :)

With regards to my Zworks lights, we both agreed the paint shop haven't matched Silverstone grey very well, it's too dark... I don't want the projector to disappear into the black housing. They are going to repaint them asap.

I still like the Balloon White though but I really think you can't go wrong with either colour.

:thumbs:

I personally quite like the balloon white, sorry :scare: but the Bianco Fuji does look great too.

I think you know what you wanted already..... :thumbs: go for it mate! You zed will look awesome! B)

Don't apologise mate, you're entitled to your opinion and it's welcome :) I do like the Balloon White too, I like its crispness... it's worst feature though is that in low lights it looks grey, in certain light conditions it looks far less bright than Bianco Fuji, hard to get a photo to demonstrate :rant:

Lambo Lime Green with rich fleck should have been an option :D

I'm not quite ready for that mid life crisis just yet mate haha :blush:

I still like the Balloon White though but I really think you can't go wrong with either colour.

:thumbs:

Me too mate, nearly all my mates that don't have Z's say go for Balloon... I love that it's crisper/sharper pearl. But the drawbacks are it's more silvery, and grey in low lights especially.

Bianco looks great in any light, and I love how the pearl has a satin effect :)

Balloon white looks nice. But what a crap name. Imagine spending that much to tell everyone it's balloon white lol

Bianco fuji sounds exotic even without knowing it's a Ferrari colour

Very true! People ask about the car all the time, I'd much rather say it's bianco fuji over balloon white haha!

But I prefer the bianco fuji regardless... Look how much better it defines the V shape and line in the middle, should really show off a Z's lines and curves well :)

Cheers Richie!

Few little updates from ZWorks doing my lights - the paintshop have repainted the shroud in WV2 Silverstone, I'm much happier with it now, not too dark, not too light - As you can see, he's sanded the Ironman sections clear ready.

shroud.jpg

He's also tinted the dimpled plastic insert ready - he got the tint level bang on what I wanted... Will take the edge off the chrome indicator section nicely!

Tint.jpg

He did that last night... So he's looking to finish up and post to me tomorrow... I won't have them on before the respray (2nd March) I can wait until it's out of the paintshop - probably for the best in case they get damaged.

So yeah, it goes in a week today and I'm 100% settled on Bianco Fuji :D

I did notice the Morimoto halo's in your thread mate, was tempted, but after a leaky set of lights I'd much rather a pro do it with experience and the proper butyl seal stuff.

Gutted they won't be on when the respray is done - but they'll make really nice living room ornaments while I'm waiting for the car haha!

• Like 1

Content bump - so people know what I'm banging on about :blush:

Few little updates from ZWorks doing my lights - the paintshop have repainted the shroud in WV2 Silverstone, I'm much happier with it now, not too dark, not too light - As you can see, he's sanded the Ironman sections clear ready.

shroud.jpg

He's also tinted the dimpled plastic insert ready - he got the tint level bang on what I wanted... Will take the edge off the chrome indicator section nicely!

Tint.jpg

He did that last night... So he's looking to finish up and post to me tomorrow... I won't have them on before the respray (2nd March) I can wait until it's out of the paintshop - probably for the best in case they get damaged.

So yeah, it goes in a week today and I'm 100% settled on Bianco Fuji :D

• Like 1

My lights are built :teeth:

Poor quality pics sent to me 4:30am this morning, but I'm really happy with them!

The tint mod looks dark in these photos, but I'm sure in daylight it will look like a light smoke... Very happy with it, and glad I didn't ask him to paint the reflector black, lots of people do this and I personally think it looks cheap.

finalcomp.jpg

He's also installing LED indicators for me with resistor to prevent hyperblink, should be bright enough to pass through the tint no problem, and look a little more modern at the same time.

3157_11-5w_amber_web_252.jpg

25-5-onWEDGE11Wamber.jpg

• Like 1