SOLDParello's Purple & Gold Bagged 370z

parello9

Lol

My build thread is like a pub brawl at the minute

We all luv z's lets leave it at that lol

But if people actually read the build thread at the start youl all see its not just a bodykit.. I done the engine work before hand but people like to just jump on the band wagon

You should ask a mod to tidy up your build thread...

come on fellas - be nice

I wish I understood what is and isn't acceptable on this forum a bit better sometimes. I prefer to say nothing about build threads if I've got nothing positive to say and I can think of only one or two occasions when I've criticised someone else's car, but if I'm reading through one and I see the OP says his car looks better and is faster than a Nismo and I think I've got something relevant to say (because I've owned both variants of the car) am I allowed to say so?

I agree this is a member's build thread but as far as I can see he invited the debate with his comment.

Or is the problem just when it starts getting personal?

If people want to have a sly dig at the Nismo that's fine by me - probably to be expected for the top end variant of the car with only a few owners and looks that divide opinions - but it can't be surprising if people react to those digs can it? Or is that digs are ok but responses aren't?

I'm not criticising anyone here - from what I've seen this forum is miles ahead of other car forums..

Edited by sipar69
  • Like 2

Nice to know I'm not the only one awake at this hour on a Sunday morning :).

I'm not annoyed or irritated by the issue, just sometimes genuinely unclear about when threads step over the line into unacceptable territory.

Edited by sipar69

come on fellas - be nice

I wish I understood what is and isn't acceptable on this forum a bit better sometimes. I prefer to say nothing about build threads if I've got nothing positive to say and I can think of only one or two occasions when I've criticised someone else's car, but if I'm reading through one and I see the OP says his car looks better and is faster than a Nismo and I think I've got something relevant to say (because I've owned both variants of the car) am I allowed to say so?

If people want to have a sly dig at the Nismo that's fine by me - probably to be expected for the top end variant of the car with only a few owners and looks that divide opinions - but it can't be surprising if people react to those digs can it? Or is that digs are ok but responses aren't?

I have owned both variants of the 370, with Uprev, HFC's, top end exhaust, lowered, performance filters, the full nine yards, other than FI.

I feel that I'm also more qualified to offer opinion when it comes to a comparison (unlike some who just offer a derogatory statement, when they've owned, briefly, a different model).

The editing of the posts on this thread, do show a distinct bias toward a non Zed owning contributor, which is fine as he is obviously well thought of and makes valuable comment (that's not true obviously :lol:). So it would seem that the 'digger' has more right than the 'digged'.

Anyway, my comments to this chaps remarkable build were, totally on topic and mostly positive, were completely relative.

Just saying.

• Like 1

I feel that I am also more qualified to offer opinion when it comes to a comparison (unlike some who just offer a derogatory statement

Absolutely, but that Is the problem with opinions, everyone has one and you cant argue it, even if you are in a better position to offer a more balanced response because of actual experience.

Derogatory statements hiding behind the opinion banner are just Inflammatory though and see no need for them :)

The editing of the posts on this thread, do show a distinct bias toward a non Zed owning contributor, which is fine as he is obviously well thought of and makes valuable comment (that's not true obviously :lol:). So it would seem that the 'digger' has more right than the 'digged'.

:console:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derogatory statements hiding behind the opinion banner are just Inflammatory though and see no need for them :)

Absolutely! But define derogatory? Comparing a modified car with a standard one and preferring the modified one? That seems to be all that has happened here :shrug: I think the real issue is that some that own the 'elite' Zed just can't take a bad word said about it objective or not.

I would say the only derogatory stuff on this thread was the personal stuff that has been deleted, if that has upset anyone then that is their issue :)

In summary of Green GUNS, seems almost everyone likes the wrap, I think most would agree a bright colour suits a bodykit. Wheels seem to be the most discussed and universally disliked in terms of colour & stretch, different isn't always fantastic but at least it's different I guess :shrug:

All in all a fantastic car to show off at ZedFest or a meet but not something I would want to drive particularly...

.Your question is fair sipar, as to what is acceptable. Banter is fine and part of general back and for on the forum, also the OP asked for comments and since it is a very distinctive build it is going to receive both positive and negative comments.

However this thread was going way off track into irrelevant digs that had nothing to do with the car or the build. Historic clashes between members were continually coming into play. This may not be immediately obvious when reading through the thread as we have already hidden a large number of posts.

G-man, as to your comment about biased moderating you should already know this is not the case but yet you continue to keep throwing this comment out there and just won't let it go.

The message is simple, stay on topic or move on. I and the other mods are getting a little fed up having to hide large numbers of posts in this thread despite repeated to stay on topic. Have some respect for the OP and other members.

• Like 1

.Your question is fair sipar, as to what is acceptable. Banter is fine and part of general back and for on the forum, also the OP asked for comments and since it is a very distinctive build it is going to receive both positive and negative comments.

However this thread was going way off track into irrelevant digs that had nothing to do with the car or the build. Historic clashes between members were continually coming into play. This may not be immediately obvious when reading through the thread as we have already hidden a large number of posts.

Thanks Will.

The difference is that most people on here dont like heavily modifed stance

They all prefer normal wheels with a bit of lows which is fine but hey thats not for me!

I luv the big US scene for stance and this is by far getting to it, its not quite there yet but for being 23 and owning a heavily modified 370z i luv i think it shows the luv for a build and project no matter cost! Maybe being young is why i prefer looks than bhp at the minute by whos to judge

I will continue to make this car into what i can but most people just dont like heavy 'stance' at the end of they day

Thanks for the big positive and negitives but as you all say i drive this around i get the pictures taken i luv it.. Spose you could call me an attention seeker but for me i have yet to see most build threads kicking everything off lol

And on that note the kermit 370z shall continue...

• Like 3

The difference is that most people on here dont like heavily modifed stance

They all prefer normal wheels with a bit of lows which is fine but hey thats not for me!

I luv the big US scene for stance and this is by far getting to it, its not quite there yet but for being 23 and owning a heavily modified 370z i luv i think it shows the luv for a build and project no matter cost! Maybe being young is why i prefer looks than bhp at the minute by whos to judge

I will continue to make this car into what i can but most people just dont like heavy 'stance' at the end of they day

Thanks for the big positive and negitives but as you all say i drive this around i get the pictures taken i luv it.. Spose you could call me an attention seeker but for me i have yet to see most build threads kicking everything off lol

And on that note the kermit 370z shall continue...

Big green sports car with blue wheels that are nearly horizontal... who is calling you an attention seeker :boxing:

The kicking off wasn't anything to do with your car trust me ;)

Also look forward to seeing your car at a meet :thumbs: