New member, not a 350z owner...yet

stebbs

Hi guys. I'm thinking of getting a supercharged 350z. Are there many out there? They seem to be reliable on the stillen and vortech setups.

Ideally I'm looking for someone in the Midlands area to take me out in theirs to see if I can be persuaded to buy one.

Thanks Stebbs

Hi guys. I'm thinking of getting a supercharged 350z. Are there many out there? They seem to be reliable on the stillen and vortech setups.

Ideally I'm looking for someone in the Midlands area to take me out in theirs to see if I can be persuaded to buy one.

Thanks Stebbs

You don't need to be persuaded with a drive... I took one out recently and I almost wet myself it was so good. Take that as gospel. Haha

Thanks for the welcomes.

I have a 200bhp kit car and a 280bhp 205gti both are very light cars. Thats why I'm only looking at supercharged 350z's. I just need to know the supercharged 350z will make me smile as much as they do before I make a decision to sell one.

Don't mind if I drive or someone shows me to fair.

Thanks Stebbs

I love my standard 350, it is a great car. I haven't had the chance to drive it 'properly' yet but it does put a smile on my face (mainly the noise)

I have no idea what a supercharged zed would be like but I can imagine it would be :teeth:

But in terms of 'fun' on the road I have to say my Saxo VTS gives the 350 a run for its money. The fact that you are driving around in a French tin that ways as much as a paper bag (and built like one) and you can get close to the limit at sensible speeds is great.

I'm sure you know what I mean having a 205, although yours sounds a bit of a beast. What have you got in it, 16v turbo?

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is the 350z is a great car but it depends on your expectations as to whether you'll like it more than your current motors, it's a completely different beast

The 205 is the alloy block mi16 1.9 16v. Haha yeah French tin is fun.

My saxo vts would keep with most things out and about on your daily drive. I've never owned anything big or much over a ton.

If a standard one puts a smile on your face then I'm sure a supercharged one will put a smile on mine and corrupt me.

Thanks Stebbs

• Like 1

Thanks Stebbs

You don't need to be persuaded with a drive... I took one out recently and I almost wet myself it was so good. Take that as gospel. Haha

That one also happens to be for sale on this very forum :p

Welcome along :)

Welcome aboard Stebbs. :welcome:

Driving a supercharged Zed is definitely a lot of fun. The standard car used to make me smile but it's even better now. My build thread is in my signature if you want to take a look at some pictures. ;)

As Mouthwash mentioned he's currently selling his supercharged Zed so you might want to take a look at it: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/91240-supercharged-350z-for-sale/

Welcome aboard Stebbs. :welcome:

Driving a supercharged Zed is definitely a lot of fun. The standard car used to make me smile but it's even better now. My build thread is in my signature if you want to take a look at some pictures. ;)

As Mouthwash mentioned he's currently selling his supercharged Zed so you might want to take a look at it: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/91240-supercharged-350z-for-sale/

Thanks for the massive progress thread. Looks good, any cons or just all pros?

If that 350z was closer I'd go and look but not having the money to buy it at the minute it's a long way for a look.

Thanks guys

Thanks for the massive progress thread. Looks good, any cons or just all pros?

Cons

Car uses more fuel ~ who cares though & it is expected with any performance car.

Car wants to be driven hard but can't be in stop/start traffic on my way to work ~ such is life, ...always going to be traffic at some stage on the roads.

MPG/DTE computer's are FUBAR ~ never bothered with them anyway.

Pros

Car shows up a lot of more expensive performance cars and is more unique.

Has the performance it should have had all along.

Turns heads in a good way.

Put's an even bigger smile on my face every time I drive it then it used to.

Seriously though the only negative is the cost for doing this in the first place. If you buy an already supercharged Zed then you really do get a bargain imo. :thumbs: