Black friday deals?

parello9

14N :wave: I'm right at the back, any chance of pushing in?

Ah feck! I've just been booted out! Apparently my 'queue number' is only valid for 10 minutes! I'm now 248387 in the queue :( Wish I'd bought a Thermos while I was in store now...

http://www.richersounds.com/

Try these if you want TV's etc. Got an email from them today - 8am tomorrow is a HD LED 55" Tv LG -£500

Hmmm, this sounds good :thumbs:

• Like 1

What the hell is Black Friday ? Keep seeing and hearing the term everywhere!

American "tradition".

Black Friday is the day following Thanksgiving Day in the United States (the fourth Thursday of November), often regarded as the beginning of the Christmas shopping season. In recent years, most major retailers have opened very early and offered promotional sales to kick off the holiday shopping season, similar to Boxing Day sales in many Commonwealth nations. Black Friday is not a holiday, but California and some other states observe "The Day After Thanksgiving" as a holiday for state government employees, sometimes in lieu of another federal holiday such as Columbus Day.[1] Many non-retail employees and schools have both Thanksgiving and the day after off, followed by a weekend, thereby increasing the number of potential shoppers. It has routinely been the busiest shopping day of the year since 2005,[2] although news reports, which at that time were inaccurate,[3] have described it as the busiest shopping day of the year for a much longer period of time

In America some of the people at these sales events act like complete animals. Really disgusts me to see people acting like some of them do. :angry::dry:

I hate all these American traditions that now appear to be forced upon us Brits. Trick or treat, Black Friday... Pah! Keep 'em to yourselves.

Anyway, I'm signing off. I'm stuffed and tired after my huge thanksgiving dinner I had this evening.

• Like 4

To be fair, 'trick or treat' has fantastic roots here in Scotland. We call it guising, now I'm as old as the hills but from age 4/5 to 11/12 we all went out guising and we had to have a song, joke or trick to perform before getting a treat, usually an apple, orange or if lucky a chocolate bar (usually a curly wurly).

Now I'm talking over 40 years ago!

Forgot to say, we had to be in disguise, fancy dress f you like.

I thought it would be another Americanism forced on us, bah humbug. :lol:

Let's form an orderly queue, be polite and drink tea! :lol:

I hate all these American traditions that now appear to be forced upon us Brits. Trick or treat, Black Friday... Pah! Keep 'em to yourselves.

+1. "Hear, hear" :D

• Like 1

Waited on the pcworld queue and the only thing I could see any good was the Chromecast for £20 instead of £30 so bagged myself another for the bedroom.

Great piece of kit and for £20 its a no brainer.

Well, curiosity got the better of me. I was still up and about at 12:20am so I thought I'd take a trip to my local Tesco and see what the fuss was about.

Lots of people wandering around with trollies full of electrical items! :lol:

And me? I got a 50 inch LED HD TV for £250 :yahoo::thumbs:

Edited by 14N
  • Like 2

Waited on the pcworld queue and the only thing I could see any good was the Chromecast for £20 instead of £30 so bagged myself another for the bedroom.

Great piece of kit and for £20 its a no brainer.

Chrome cast is 20 on amazon too