Why You Shouldn't Buy Halfrauds Paint

pjf1985

they've painted such random bits of the car too, what were they trying to achieve? Also, they only bought 1 can first time round... did they think they could spray their entire car with 1 can? Why didn't they test the paint?

Why did it require a day off work, for both of them, to get 2 quotes on a professional respray?

The story creates so many questions for me... :headhurt:

• Like 1

This reminds me of when I got my flat decorated. I went to a well known painting and decorating chain and asked for a bunch of samples, I was looking for an off white with a hint of brown and they supplied about 10 samples for £20 or something. I went home, put about 2ft by 2ft of each sample on the wall and wrote the code in pencil above each one as I went along. After a few days of decinding I made a decision and took the sample pot down to the shop and bought 3 pots of the stuff, got home, double checked against the labels on the new pots and the sample - so far so good.

About a week later my mate, who's a professional decorator, turns up before I head off for work. I give him a spare key, point him to the paint and supplies I've got for him and go off on my merry way, after a few days of prep he starts painting. Later that evening I meet the guy down the pub straight after work, I think they had music on or something as it was pretty busy. Shortly after I arrive my mate says, "that paint you've bought, it's a bit pink isn't it??". My other mates convinced me he was just winding me up... but nope... when I got home I had a garishly pink lounge and hallway!!

It took a few weeks to get the paint company to pay any form of compensation, I even had to call their head office who promptly asked why on earth I was phoning them and not the individual store, who they then called. Anyway, they ended up refunding me for the paint, paying for new paint in the colour I actually wanted, enough white paint to hide said pink paint so it wouldn't show through and for the time it cost the guy to paint the place pink plus back to white.

Needless to say, I'm happy with Dulux these days.

I had to mix my own paint to get a close enough match for my gunmetal Zed. Did a better job than the paint shop. They were off the mark twice!! Even drove it down there the second time and they still got it wrong!! So I just mixed the two I got from them as one was too light and the other too dark. it's a good match if I do say so myself :teeth: