A little info on the 350Z

DiMarco

Hello All,

I am new to the 350Z seen. I am thinking about changing my current 1996 Honda Integra Type R and getting a Nissan 350Z. I have had my eye on this car for a little while but wondered what they are like to own. I would get one more than likely imported from Japan so f anyone else has done this I could really do with your in put.

• what sort of things to watch out for
  • is there anything soporific you have to do at any point with them

Great cars to own, if you have a little extra cash try and go for a later sub 50,000 car and if your feeling really flash get the HR313 as it has the better engine ;) , pre march 2006 cars cheaper by 1/2 on road tax and

going for around 5K with 60,000 on clock and they are good for 150,000 before things go south if not look after. the cars generally go through a few hands as owners can be a bit fickle with changing markets so don't let this put you off.

The cars are great to own and generally bullet proof but please look out for dodgy cooling fans not running up to speed as these are not mentioned on most advisory checks pages.

Also if I was you try and stay away from the Jap import (FAIRLADY Zs) and get a uk (350z) main reason is insurance can be twice as much and some parts are not easy to come by, also there is no advantage over the Uk spec although a few Z anoraks on the forum may correct me but yes great cars to own however may not feel quite as light on its feet as a integra as the car is more of a all rounder with a huge lump up front and great fun in a straight line if your careful.

Edited by chrisday1990

Great cars to own, if you have a little extra cash try and go for a later sub 50,000 car and if your feeling really flash get the HR313 as it has the better engine ;) , pre march 2006 cars cheaper by 1/2 on road tax and

going for around 5K with 60,000 on clock and they are good for 150,000 before things go south if not look after. the cars generally go through a few hands as owners can be a bit fickle with changing markets so don't let this put you off.

The cars are great to own and generally bullet proof but please look out for dodgy cooling fans not running up to speed as these are not mentioned on most advisory checks pages.

Also if I was you try and stay away from the Jap import (FAIRLADY Zs) and get a uk (350z) main reason is insurance can be twice as much and some parts are not easy to come by, also there is no advantage over the Uk spec although a few Z anoraks on the forum may correct me but yes great cars to own however may not feel quite as light on its feet as a integra as the car is more of a all rounder with a huge lump up front and great fun in a straight line if your careful.

No offence, but please ignore everything that was just said right there....
  • Like 5

Nothing wrong with imports if you buy right, i had one (i now have a UK model incidently) , and i would actually say they were pretty much the same. Loved my import,

and imports come in pearl white mmmmmmmm!

• Like 1

so the person who didnt know what fuel to put in a 350z is giving buying advice? is that why :p

• Like 1

Import insurance is now almost on par with UK cars from what I have seen - if you were getting double you were speaking to the wrong insurance agent.

UK cars came in two specs, GT and non-GT, imports will have various grades of spec in-between those so be sure to check all the extras to see what they mount up to (or not as the case may be!). Imports tend to be cheaper to buy, but a well researched one will be a bargain.

Zeds are heavy but they carry a fair amount of grunt, can handle well once you have the right suspension and bracing in place. They are GT cars first and foremost but still ok handling wise for what they are.

• Like 1

so the person who didnt know what fuel to put in a 350z is giving buying advice? is that why :p

And didn't know if he could leave his car outside :lol: professional right here :lol:

• Like 1

And didn't know if he could leave his car outside :lol: professional right here :lol:

so many bitches on this forum, hand bags away ladies

• Like 2

I've owned a UK DC2 and an imported DC5,the Z is a different animal but an animal it is. As stated the torque is what you will notice first,delivery is smooth and linear but the gearbox throw is very similar to the teg if not as oily in its action.

The Z will change direction ok and the steering feel is pretty good but it's not as keen as a teg. You can feel the extra weight of the Z but rather than being a negative it just feels more substantial. The engine note is awesome when giving it the beans and you can't beat a rear driver for fun IMO. I bought a UK spec car pre 06,cheaper tax and to be fair on the road you would be pushed to notice any difference with the HR.

• Like 2

Well going back to topic thank you very much for all your help peaps :). I am very grateful to all on this topic, I really love these cars they are sexy looking and sound amazing. I have to say this is one of the helpfulest forums I have joined as I asked one question and within about an hour I have over 15 replies. The reason I am thinking import is you have a better rang for your money and as I have imported before it is good but you have to find the right company as I didn't the first time. I got a Toyota Starlet turbo which I loved don't get me wrong but wasn't happy with the company and it says it all as it is no longer going. With imports you give them the amount you want to spend and what you want the car to come with and then that's it you carry on as normal and they will find you the correct car for you. There are so many more cars to look at from japan on the auction sites than I have currently seen in the UK.

So what I am looking for I have listed below but am I right the only problem with having a 350Z import is the insurance?

Now what I am planning is to spend between £5500 to £6000 with the below spec maybe lower if they are more cheaper than uk spec's

2002 to late 2005 for the cheap tax

60000KM or less

Nice alloy wheels

Full exhaust

Perhaps a body kit but must have a rear wing

Once imported it will have.

Service including cam-belt and waterpump (must)

MOT and TAX

Warranty

All of the above will be within the price it is now down to finding the right importer but there are a couple but not In my neck of the woods all are up north.

Edited by DiMarco

Well going back to topic thank you very much for all your help peaps :). I am very grateful to all on this topic, I really love these cars they are sexy looking and sound amazing. I have to say this is one of the helpfulest forums I have joined as I asked one question and within about an hour I have over 15 replies. The reason I am thinking import is you have a better rang for your money and as I have imported before it is good but you have to find the right company as I didn't the first time. I got a Toyota Starlet turbo which I loved don't get me wrong but wasn't happy with the company and it says it all as it is no longer going. With imports you give them the amount you want to spend and what you want the car to come with and then that's it you carry on as normal and they will find you the correct car for you. There are so many more cars to look at from japan on the auction sites than I have currently seen in the UK.

So what I am looking for I have listed below but am I right the only problem with having a 350Z import is the insurance?

Now what I am planning is to spend between £5500 to £6000 with the below spec maybe lower if they are more cheaper than uk spec's

2002 to late 2005 for the cheap tax

60000KM or less

Nice alloy wheels

Full exhaust

Perhaps a body kit but must have a rear wing

Once imported it will have.

Service including cam-belt and waterpump (must)

MOT and TAX

Warranty

All of the above will be within the price it is now down to finding the right importer but there are a couple but not In my neck of the woods all are up north.

Keep researching buddy. These cars don't have a cam belt. They are on a chain

• Like 1