What have you have found in a used car???

Darren-B

^^ @RT. Thanks for that. :lol:

Well I would post them to you, but.................................... probably best not to, I'll clean them up tomorrow & take some better pictures

If you clean them up just use some Brasso or similar on the cartidges and they should polish up lovely. B)

Probably best not to post them to anyone ~ just keep them as a memento for yourself. ;)

Why not post them inside a gun, that way they won't see the bullets ;)

^^ Brilliant. :lol:

If you're ever in the US remember to try that one out and let me know how you get on with customs. :D;)

Not me specifically but a guy I used to work with sold his daily shed to another guy we worked with.

The buyer was made up as he got a free can of Stella and it was while we were discussing this fact that I remembered all the stories the seller had told us of the dirty girls hed got to know much better in the car..... I thought it my duty to bring it up :lol:

Over the years I have come across a number of items that people have left/lost in their cars when selling, from fuel receipts to bra's & radiator valves

But with my latest purchase I have come across some items that are a little more exciting than my previous finds:

So far I have found a cigar cutter, $4.19 & counting, ketchup, banking receipts, glasses, 3 flares, a couple of 9mm Rounds & 2 spare keys taped to the underside,

& just so I don't get the 'cool story bro' ;)

IMG_5987.jpg

So what have people left behind in cars you have bought

They look too long to be 9mm they look more like .38/357 magnum to me. 9mm is a very short dumpy case.

Don't mean to be a kill joy but the best thing to do with this is bury it somewhere or give it to someone who has authority to own it. Its jail time if you are caught with live ammunition without a licence to hold. I hold a section one licence and no what a ball ache the rules and regulations are.

post-19621-0-39699400-1416217890_thumb.jpg

Edited by maddog1982

Not sure if this counts but when I bought my zed just over a month ago the guy reminded himself he must get his metallica cd from the bose unit. So just before I drive off he grabs the cd and thanks me, 10 mins down the road I stop to check the car over one more time. In the compartment above the headunit i found a digital camera, tom tom sat nav and the guys electronic key card for his business. Then on further inspection he had left somr cheapo tablet in the boot along with his private number plates !! Aslong as he got his metallica cd though.

I did return all the stuff, just so you know ;)

• Like 1

Don't mean to be a kill joy but the best thing to do with this is bury it somewhere or give it to someone who has authority to own it. Its jail time if you are caught with live ammunition without a licence to hold. I hold a section one licence and no what a ball ache the rules and regulations are.

They are locked away in the gun cabinet at the moment while I decide what is best to do with them, I'm not sure burying them for someone less responsible to find is such a great idea though

Was a turn of phrase I just meant get rid of it, it's as bad as having an illegal firearm these days. It's 5 years minimum. Any local gun clubs near to you? I'd be wary about handing it in to the police as well , they tend to over react. Tricky situation to be in and I don't envy you !

They are locked away in the gun cabinet at the moment while I decide what is best to do with them, I'm not sure burying them for someone less responsible to find is such a great idea though

I agree Darren burying them in the ground is a bad idea. I mean all it takes is for a child or some moron to find them & before you know it they're hitting them with a hammer in a vice or trying to blow them up in a fire. :scare:

Edit: Just seen your post maddog. Bad turn of phrase & I understand your concern with possessing such things.

Occasionally local Police forces do hold guns & ammo amnesties where they will not prosecute people handing in either. Like this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-29783183

• Like 1

Slightly off topic, but a guy I worked with at British Steel had to go round collecting samples of water from all of the wells that were used to supply cooling water to the power station that British Steel had within the works. Most of these wells were down private gated tracks in Shotwick or on The River Dee marshes. It was at one of these remote wells that he found a wallet containing about £100, quite a large sum of money in the mid 70's and a wage slip. The guy the wallet belonged to was somebody very high up in Flintshire County Council (his salary was in the £40k bracket) and it was pretty easy to guess what he was doing there :lol: . Anyway, my work mate tracked him down and returned the wallet to him discretely :) .

Pete

• Like 1

pop em apart remove the cordite, polish em up and stick them on the shelf - sorted - as for the flare - bonfire and stand well clear ;)

They wont pop apart, the bullet head is pressed deep inside the brass case. You can buy a bullet puller (I have one) but its still hard work and takes a good few wacks to separate the bullet. You still have the matter of the explosive primer in the back as well.

I agree Darren burying them in the ground is a bad idea. I mean all it takes is for a child or some moron to find them & before you know it they're hitting them with a hammer in a vice or trying to blow them up in a fire. :scare:

Edit: Just seen your post maddog. Bad turn of phrase & I understand your concern with possessing such things.

Occasionally local Police forces do hold guns & ammo amnesties where they will not prosecute people handing in either. Like this: http://www.bbc.co.uk...dshire-29783183

Kent police actually have one on at the moment :lol:

pop em apart remove the cordite, polish em up and stick them on the shelf - sorted - as for the flare - bonfire and stand well clear ;)

They wont pop apart, the bullet head is pressed deep inside the brass case. You can buy a bullet puller (I have one) but its still hard work and takes a good few wacks to separate the bullet. You still have the matter of the explosive primer in the back as well.

Place Bullet in Vice, take nail put in back of cap, hit nail with hammer - bullet will pop apart trust me ;) That way you don't have to worry about the cap anymore either :lol:

Disclaimer - Don't Try This at home!!!!!!!

Edited by Keyser