When you bought something for the Z...

Pritchard

Ok so....

as per original post.

I am driving the Orange Z, called it the pumpkin. what better way of expressing myself than with a sticker or decal. great idea i thought.

then i thought, hmmm, now wouldnt it be awesome if i could actually make it look like a lit pumpkin. but that would require LEDs right.

so i hunted the net, grabbed myself an image from a carved pumpkin and sent it off to a US company to make my LED-lit decal!!

woooo. yeaaaa. alrights. awesome (American bigups for what is about to be a complete let down......)

WD8iTwv.jpg

now granted this is with a camera phone, so it messes up the contrast a little. but here goes....

pqlAyOP.jpg

Uk1JuCT.jpg

KOD3kXk.jpg

So there.

i think if this was something textually graphic, like, the GumBall 3000 logo or something, then it may look more awesome.

what i have acheived, it to look like a muppet.

lol.

but it was worth a punt. i bet no-1 else has ever given this a go eh?

Pritchard

• Like 1

something with a round logo i think would work better with it than what i went for.

maybe re-design the 350z-uk forum log to fit into a round hole eh? lol

2 likes out of 2 replies.... thats better than i thought. maybe it looks better in the pictures than the flesh. lol

Gumball 3000 would be awesome, if i ever went on that trip lol.

gumball-logo.jpg

That needs to be the replacement for the front badge.

its about 4 inches in dia, too big for a front badge, plus its battery powered. would need to waterproof it, then 12v feed it, and make it smaller, and...

yea. that would be tricky.

I was expecting so much worse, from the pictures it does look pretty good actually

whats it look like in the day?

at night, and during the day, its a as colourful as the first picture i uploaded with it on the table. problem with my phone camera is that it thinks its too bright a light source as adjusts the contrast/brightness so the colour is lost.

my rear windows are tinted, so during the day i would have it turned off, so you can see it if you look for it.

with the light on during the day it almost looks like a little glowing face. pretty cool.

maybe i should get a picture of that instead....

Pritchard

Don't make it smaller, just make the bonnet fit the badge. Either fill it or cut it out to sit flush. You've got 12v literally right under the bonnet, and waterproofing it wouldn't be so hard either.

As it stands, in the window it just looks a bit naff. As a front badge, it would be utterly unique and incredibly cool.

• Like 1