Village Life

StevoD

i live in a Little village in Hertfordshire, nothing to fantastic but we dont half have some pompous idiots living here just had the following post up on the village page on FB, What do they thing its the same family doing it every night or do they not realise everyone has the own agenda and can only celebrate at certain times Anyone else who live in a village have idiots like this?

I'm not meaning to sound like Scrouge (really, I'm not!) but there's been fireworks in the village last Saturday, Wednesday, last night and now tonight! Millie can't be the only dog who doesn't like it & continually barking! Surely 4 nights is a little excessive?? I like fireworks & so do the kids but please, only one night!

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

No, I don't live in a little village or know any any villages who've lost their idiots, but my dogs certainly never barked at fireworks - sounds like they need better training!
ummm train something that's petrified of the loud noises to not be afraid?

It's a well known fact that pet owners fear for their animals on fire work night...

#teamtarmac

• Like 1

No, I don't live in a little village or know any any villages who've lost their idiots, but my dogs certainly never barked at fireworks - sounds like they need better training!

It's a well known fact that pet owners fear for their animals on fire work night...

#teamtarmac

If a man can train chickens to im sure a dog can

#teamtarmac

Wasn't it turkeys not chickens? :teeth:

• Like 1

#teamtarmac

Wasn't it turkeys not chickens? :teeth:

possibly lol

#teamtarmac

I don't think being worried about your dog is necesarily being pompous.

This.

November the 5th is supposed to be "Fireworks night" but it has become sociably acceptable to set off fireworks now either the closest weekend/weeknights or the following weekend/weeknights if the weather isn't good enough on the actual day. So in effect "Fireworks night" is more like "Fireworks fortnight". :thumbdown:

We have a family dog that is now 11years old, ...he is terrified every time fireworks go off. Doesn't bark just hides around the house in whatever confined space he can lodge himself into.

In fact on Saturday evening he pi**ed & sh*t in the house as we couldn't let him out all evening & he was too frightened to go to the loo when we tried to get him to go.

Anyone who loves their animals (dogs or cats) will no doubt understand this but others won't who will no doubt just say well it's your own fault he's not trained right, blah blah blah.

The fact is he is a loving social family pet, ...not a gun dog or working dog trained for use in a war zone. He has no idea & no understanding of fireworks or that they do not harm you when let off in the sky.

Personally I'd like to see some sort of change in attitude to fireworks being used around this time of year with them only being used on the 5th of November or the closest weekend but that is never going to happen I know.

...And maybe that's a selfish thing to think but I think it's pretty selfish of others not to think about other peoples pets that may be affected by fireworks.

Just my 2 pence.

• Like 8

I agree but Say one family in a area fathers away on buissness from the 1-5th

Another another familys son is away from the 4-10th due to working away

Now say that plays over with 20 famikys

who are you to say they can't celebrate as a family because of your own inconvenience

Don't get me wrong I have pets that hate it but it my duty to do the best for my animals at that time

There was a family locally who's 4 year old daughter died of cancer around March April this year who are we to say they can't set fireworks off in memory of there daughter

I fuxking love fireworks!!!! Just thought id put that out there :lol:

This we had a small display at a friend's house on Friday as well all work in the week and the 5th being a Wednesday doenst work had about 30-40 people there who hadn't seen in years eextremely sociable evening with good people

It's very quiet around here and there are only 3 other houses within half a mile but I've heard fireworks pretty well every night for the past week. You can hear them through the double glazing, but for example you can't hear a police siren so I can understand how some people who live on top them get a bit frustrated. Despite my remoteness, last year or possibly the year before I found the remains of a rocket about 4 feet from my Zed :scare: . I also found the burnt out remnants of a Chinese Lantern about 50 yards away from our house in a small wood last year, a house about 3 miles away was gutted when one of these landed on its roof.

Pete

I've got nothing against fireworks, love them, had my fair share of them.

I just got pi**ed off with the comment 'train your dog'

Just maybe be a bit curious I guess with how long your display goes on for. I.e 40/60 mins not 4 hours :lol:

#teamtarmac

November the 5th is supposed to be "Fireworks night" but it has become sociably acceptable to set off fireworks now either the closest weekend/weeknights or the following weekend/weeknights if the weather isn't good enough on the actual day. So in effect "Fireworks night" is more like "Fireworks fortnight". :thumbdown:

totally took the words right out of my mouth.

So what your saying in effect is, If a family has a son out on tour with the MOD and isnt due back untill the 3rd of january they arent allowed to celebrate it upon his return as if it was christmas day, As christmas day is the 25th and it shouldn't be acceptable to celebrate it any other time?

So what your saying in effect is, If a family has a son out on tour with the MOD and isnt due back untill the 3rd of january they arent allowed to celebrate it upon his return as if it was christmas day, As christmas day is the 25th and it shouldn't be acceptable to celebrate it any other time?

Troll much Stevo? :dry:

What has setting off basically explosives in the sky got to do with Christmas? :rolleyes:

I said my 2 pence worth & as I stated..

Personally I'd like to see some sort of change in attitude to fireworks being used around this time of year with them only being used on the 5th of November or the closest weekend

Unfortunately in life sometimes others do things which upset others or annoy others even if that was not their intention & all I'm saying is that there should be some common courtesy towards others when it comes to what is basically noise pollution on a massive scale.

I did not say ban them or that I hate fireworks.

In fact I enjoy fireworks but not when they are set off willy-nilly for the best part of two weeks or more giving pet owners no chance of gauging with any certainty when they will actually be used. :(

• Like 4

Fireworks should be banned from sale to the public, end of. If you try and buy any other item that is solely used for explosions you get some funny questions asked: Fireworks should not be any different.

They're bloody dangerous and a bloody nuisance. They're also not hugely exciting once you're over the age of 9.

• Like 3

Kinda feel like everyones missed my point as usual :( everyones getting but hurt over fireworks

Might Just expect people to ban christmas shopping on anyday expect the 24/12 as there causing me to take an extra 2 hours to get in the town centre for a meeting and my life is so much more important than theres

Edited by StevoD

Kinda feel like everyones missed my point as usual :( everyones getting but hurt over fireworks

Might Just expect people to ban christmas shopping on anyday expect the 24/12 as there causing me to take an extra 2 hours to get in the town centre for a meeting and my life is so much more important than theres

Yep they should make this law aswell! :lol:

• Like 1