Drifters assemble.......

Nutter

......... So where do all you drifted hang out in here?

Just done my first drift day with my 350z (purpose bought to drift) was amazing!

Basically a standard car and she performed effortlessly just my poor skills made her look weak!

Put some HSD mono pro coilovers and and rota torque wheels. Got some 25mm spacers for the front coming tomorrow morning so front fitment will be perfect.

So, where about you all go? Anyone attending Teesside this month? Wondering whether to book on or not. Enjoyed Anglesey so I think tracks is where it's at for me. Used to drift Buxton and Birmingham wheels but scared of that wall with the repair costs of this.

Also anyone running an aftermarket diff? Day and night over the standard lsd? Seen a group buy has just finished which I missed out on :(.

Also have done a search etc on here but thought I'd start a purpose topic to see how many on here mainly with a thought of getting a group together for a day.

Tom

Aliveboy, Stevo D, ...oh yeah and bizz are the main guys that spring to my mind when drifting topics come up on here. Sure there are lots more though.

Very capable car for drifting. B)

Link to bizz's build: http://www.350z-uk.c...t-it-can-drift/

:thumbs:

Edit: Just noticed that was my 10K post. :surrender::lol:

Edited by GMballistic
  • Like 2

Just read through bizz thread, awesome build and car! A mate of mine does BDC joseph ankers drives a Onevia.

StevoD looks like you know how to shread tyres too!

Are you lot running hydros or standard handbrake? Mine is pretty useless to be honest.

Need some camber arms and an alignment to try and get everything setup, although think I'm going to raise her before I get her aligned.

I fancy doing teeside it's just the distance from me. What's access like to the track? With mine being so low I'm doing some research about the roads around the area.

Personally I'm far from BDC level, tbh just about put a skid together in my opinion. Fancy doing drift cup next year if I can get some seat time in. Although I don't do it for competition it's just for fun.

Tom

Just read through bizz thread, awesome build and car! A mate of mine does BDC joseph ankers drives a Onevia.

StevoD looks like you know how to shread tyres too!

Are you lot running hydros or standard handbrake? Mine is pretty useless to be honest.

Need some camber arms and an alignment to try and get everything setup, although think I'm going to raise her before I get her aligned.

I fancy doing teeside it's just the distance from me. What's access like to the track? With mine being so low I'm doing some research about the roads around the area.

Personally I'm far from BDC level, tbh just about put a skid together in my opinion. Fancy doing drift cup next year if I can get some seat time in. Although I don't do it for competition it's just for fun.

Tom

im on standard handbrake still

Aliveboy (dedman) did drift cup at lydden this year and turns out all 2015 entry's will require a full cage :(

and im far from BDC level a can just about hold down a few laps at pod haha

Clark Motorsport - wish I had the clear funds to buy one but need to sell me 200sx Tomei 2 way diff first :(

StevoD - have you replaced any of your hand break components? My so bad I'm looking to replace the shoes and cables as there both at the end of there life from what I've investigated.

Shame about drift cup requiring full cages, although I was talking to someone from japspeed at a drift day and he was saying that the organisers were complaining about there being comp spec built cars entering with big powerzzzz etc and saying its not the way they wanted it to be. Can't have it both ways really.

Fancy a trip down to pod but it's having to book months in advanced

I'll be honest neither do I but, when your trying to scrub speed off at the top of third to get round a second gear corner it's hard work. A managed to at Anglesey by using foot brake and gear but would just like it a bit easier at them times.

Learnt without a working handbrake on an mgf and just went from there.

Handbrake - nice to have but not necessary IMO, there are very few occasions (slow right angle corners, extended a drift where speed is reducing) you actually need one, the money would be far better spent on lock mods IMO. Ive run every diff you can think of on a variety of 200SX's and actually find the Zed LSD is pretty good, a 2 way would be amazing but they aint cheap.

Other than that they are a piece of cake to slide about, and due to the torque curve I dont think they are lacking in oomph either, if I was looking at making a Zed into a comp car Id be trying to save weight first and foremost :thumbs:

Edited by docwra
  • Like 1